Prime Inc Employee Reviews

work
Room Attendant/Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 20, 2017
working constantly understaffed...overworked...never a raise .work alone ..meet different people from different regions of the united states. Paid weekly
Pros
paid every week
Cons
never a hourly raise no matter how long your there..work load increases but pay never does
Professional Driver
Professional Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 12, 2017
My typical day at work was stressful because mine and my husbands boss would not give us any hours so our pay was very low. We took this to management but with no success and that makes our job the hardest part.
Excellent place to work!
CDL Class A Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 12, 2017
I enjoy working at Prime their training program is one of the best. I walked in with a regular drivers license and they trained me, and I obtained my commercial learner's permit and my CDL. They get me home for home time every 21 days.
terminals with a very nice atmosphere
CDL A Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 11, 2017
driven threw the country sides
being patient going threw construction
ok
calm
flatbed tarp but the more you do it the easier it get
getting to locations safe
Cons
high price
A great place for a new truck driver to obtain experience on the road
Company A Seat Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOOctober 4, 2017
A long day with varying work requirements. Most meals were on the go and very few choice options. Most of the equipment was up to date; but like any equipment subject to breakdown without notice.

I learned that being an OTR is difficult on the driver as well as the family; especially a new family. Management seemed to care more about revenue than personnel. The hardest part of the job is operating with little to no sleep or an adequate place to rest.

The most enjoyable part is seeing the country and meeting co-workers on the road.
Pros
Good pay and cool co-workers
Cons
really long boring hours of driving
Not a bad company
Tanker Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 29, 2017
Not a bad starter company, home time isn’t the biggest priority. Will definitely train you to do your job properly. They have a great training program.
Prime is an awesome company to start a Career in Comercial driving.
Comercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 26, 2017
I had a great experience at prime. Office personnel is usually always happy. The main terminal is a beauty. Usually plenty of time to get loads delivered. Awesome training pad. Generally a good company to look into if you're trying to get your cdl along with a job.
Pros
Cafeteria great food.
Cons
Away from family
If you want to see united states and dont mind being stuck in a truck for a month at a time its a ok job
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 26, 2017
I thought prime was a better place than werner but with the stressful situations that I was put into by mismanagement and the long hours it just was not the type of lifestyle I was interested in being a part of
Pros
Getting to see the us all 48 states
Cons
Long hours, only home 3 days a month, mismanagement
Good company
Over The Road Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 25, 2017
Great company to drive for if you don't mind being out for long periods of time. The training was good and the people were nice. The pay was good for the most part.
ok
Solo Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2017
It was work. The typical work day for a truck driver is the same. You pick up assigned loads, drive, and drop them off within the designated time stipulated for that load
Horrible Trainer, lack of leadership
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Dont spend your time with prime, the training is not valuable, classroom time is a joke, The equipment is very nice but you dont enjoy any part of it, Home time is ridiculous when you ask for it, they want to lecture about why you need it and then threaten to fire you if you take more then 3 days.
Pros
free food for a week then your screwed
Cons
low low pay
if you like being ripped of, here you go
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 20, 2017
this company will keep you on the road for as long as you let them. if you decide to go lease with them prepare to be charged for absolutely everything.
Nine
Driver (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 19, 2017
Good company to work for with advancements. Over the road driver do not get much time at home in you do cross country driving. Was a good experience and good work
Terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 19, 2017
dispatchers are the worst.... No layover, Great trucks. No home life at all....... Dispatchers, Dispatchers, and Dispatchers...... Decent starting company
Pros
trucks
Cons
no home life...
Productive workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 18, 2017
You need to be lucky to get a good trainer, the one who's willing to instruct and cares about basic human needs, not only mileage. There's an opportunity to become an owner-operator.
Not Enough Home time
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 16, 2017
I was only getting 1 load a week that cut my pay in half, and they were getting rid of the route that brought me home every week. the only reason I left was they could not get me home enough. Also, towards the end I was not getting but 1 load per week
Good company to work for
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 15, 2017
Keeps you moving most of the time however there are down times. Sometimes dispatch makes your run tight on time which can be very stressful. They take pride in their vehicles and keep them well maintained. Terminals are very nice with many amenities. As a company driver they take care of everything you need to do your job. They also provide driver training if you interested in becoming a driver.

One thing about vacation....you have to drive a quota of miles before you get vacation so if you have a dispatcher that does not keep you moving, you will not earn enough miles for vacation for quite a while.
Pros
Good RPM, nice terminals, great equipment
Cons
downtime, vacation time
good place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working here I was able to get the miles I needed to pay all my bills and still have a nice paycheck to send home each week. I got done because my contract ended and I decided that I didn't want to lease from them again.
Pros
good miles, good pay. good equipment
Cons
dispatcher
Great place to learn experience over the road..
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 3, 2017
This place was great for first time over the road coming out of CDL class it was a great experience I would give this place a A+....I would recommend this place
Pros
training
Cons
hometime
its great to start off but not long term
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 31, 2017
get your what you need and get out. if your a driver most dispatchers look down on you. You cant really talk to anyone about it because they all talk and if you dispatcher finds out they will start doing petty things to you.
Pros
they don't see you as humans
Cons
ok money