Prime Inc Employee Reviews

ok
Solo Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaSeptember 22, 2017
It was work. The typical work day for a truck driver is the same. You pick up assigned loads, drive, and drop them off within the designated time stipulated for that load
Horrible Trainer, lack of leadership
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 20, 2017
Dont spend your time with prime, the training is not valuable, classroom time is a joke, The equipment is very nice but you dont enjoy any part of it, Home time is ridiculous when you ask for it, they want to lecture about why you need it and then threaten to fire you if you take more then 3 days.
Pros
free food for a week then your screwed
Cons
low low pay
if you like being ripped of, here you go
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 20, 2017
this company will keep you on the road for as long as you let them. if you decide to go lease with them prepare to be charged for absolutely everything.
Nine
Driver (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 19, 2017
Good company to work for with advancements. Over the road driver do not get much time at home in you do cross country driving. Was a good experience and good work
Terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 19, 2017
dispatchers are the worst.... No layover, Great trucks. No home life at all....... Dispatchers, Dispatchers, and Dispatchers...... Decent starting company
Pros
trucks
Cons
no home life...
Productive workplace
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PASeptember 18, 2017
You need to be lucky to get a good trainer, the one who's willing to instruct and cares about basic human needs, not only mileage. There's an opportunity to become an owner-operator.
Not Enough Home time
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 16, 2017
I was only getting 1 load a week that cut my pay in half, and they were getting rid of the route that brought me home every week. the only reason I left was they could not get me home enough. Also, towards the end I was not getting but 1 load per week
Good company to work for
Team Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 15, 2017
Keeps you moving most of the time however there are down times. Sometimes dispatch makes your run tight on time which can be very stressful. They take pride in their vehicles and keep them well maintained. Terminals are very nice with many amenities. As a company driver they take care of everything you need to do your job. They also provide driver training if you interested in becoming a driver.

One thing about vacation....you have to drive a quota of miles before you get vacation so if you have a dispatcher that does not keep you moving, you will not earn enough miles for vacation for quite a while.
Pros
Good RPM, nice terminals, great equipment
Cons
downtime, vacation time
good place to work
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 8, 2017
I enjoyed working here I was able to get the miles I needed to pay all my bills and still have a nice paycheck to send home each week. I got done because my contract ended and I decided that I didn't want to lease from them again.
Pros
good miles, good pay. good equipment
Cons
dispatcher
Great place to learn experience over the road..
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 3, 2017
This place was great for first time over the road coming out of CDL class it was a great experience I would give this place a A+....I would recommend this place
Pros
training
Cons
hometime
its great to start off but not long term
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 31, 2017
get your what you need and get out. if your a driver most dispatchers look down on you. You cant really talk to anyone about it because they all talk and if you dispatcher finds out they will start doing petty things to you.
Pros
they don't see you as humans
Cons
ok money
Very challenging job at times
Class "A" CDL Solo Driver (Current Employee) –  United StatesAugust 29, 2017
If you like to drive a lot this is the job for you. You drive 11 hours on average in a 24 hour period 7 days a week. The hardest part is being away from home 5 to 8 weeks at a time. I love to drive and see the United States at the same time.
Pros
Very large paydays
Cons
Being gone from home 5-8 weeks at a time.
If you get a good Fleet Manager you will do well
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 29, 2017
It's an over the road job, for tanker it was 0.48 per mile. That's a decent rate if you get the miles. You only get paid per mile, nothing else so any other work you performed is uncompensated.
Good place to start your driving career but other places in company could improve
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 28, 2017
Good place to learn about driving & getting your license but something's could improve. But if you are willing to work and learn prime inc can help you get started with driving
Well established company.
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 28, 2017
Prime Inc. is a training company and as such, spreads it's focus to more than just the hauling of freight. Unfortunately, I feel that some areas suffer because resources are not used to their best potential.
Very good company
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 27, 2017
I made very good money working for prime and planning to come back for lease purchase truck with them
I had couple of minor incidents and I think it should be normal for new drivers and that's how you really learn and become professional driver
Pros
Money
Cons
Family time
Great Place To Work
Student (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 24, 2017
I was a PSD student and unfortunately, I had to leave my trainers truck. He was very unprofessional and very aggressive. He wouldn't allow me to put my seatbelt on at the shippers. He was always yelling and texting while driving. He told me that he drinks while driving that the owner wouldn't know about it. It was raining so hard in Florida and this trainer told me not to turn on my windshield wipers because he had rainex and rainex will just clear it. I couldn't see so I slowed down and he yelled at me for slowing down. Saying, "You are impeding traffic!" "You need to drive faster, and I didn't because I couldn't see. So I turned on the windshield wipers and he yelled at me again. I was so exhausted at the end of the first week that I got off the truck and took an Uber to the nearest greyhound to go home. While I was in the truck he almost hit a car for being in his way. Freaked me out! He is a very aggressive driver so you drivers out there. If this man is on the road, you need to be aware. I was asked to come back to Prime, Inc. and is thinking about it because they are a great company and a great training company. I enrolled in a school and decided to go that route but may go back to Prime in the future. I have so much respect for the CEO and the charities that he is involved in.
Pros
New Trucks
Cons
PSD Trainer Horrible
Decent money, no home life
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 23, 2017
Dispatchers are very disrespectful... Not a great company to work for if you want to have a life outside of the truck..................................
Nice job love it would like to go back
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 18, 2017
This was a nice job was uneducated on how to handle a situation with them which lead to my termination and now I know what to do if I am in a issue like this again. I told the truth but since I was the lead driver and my student didn't take responsibility we were both fired. This job was comfortable and the company is well ran the ppl care about their drivers wish I could get another chance to prove myself never had this happen before or after this issue.
Productive, fun , work environment
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 17, 2017
Learned mostly hard labor skills. Customer service skills , how to paint, drywall, and demolition. Best part about working for the company was learning new trades.