Prime Inc Employee Reviews

very nice facility
Commercial Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 23, 2017
I really enjoyed the team in springfield ,MO they provided me with the support that I needed to be successful on the road hardly any down time they also kept me loaded up with freight.
Money was good
Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 22, 2017
Good intro to trucking, made good money, cool trainers stayed busy would recommend to anyone. Definitely a positive experience. The paid training was a plus.
Good place for someone who want to do simple repairs only
Diesel Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Decatur, INMay 21, 2017
It was alright, long shifts. The boss was terrible. Only performed simple repairs, although I got to replace an EGR cooler once, a pleasant surprise. Supposed to work 4 12s, 4 off, but I ended up with 5 12s, 2 off.
CDL Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 12, 2017
Working as a CDL driver at Prime Inc was a great experience. Though it is a hazardous position as the risk for an automobile collision is constantly present.
Lease a truck for beginners
Owner Operator Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 10, 2017
Prime Leaseing will teach the beginners how to run a Truck and a Trucking Co. Be warned you can find better benefits elsewhere. Prime will teach you how to be successful, but they will not help you to succeed on a continuous basis (year after year.)
Pros
Good for Beginners
Cons
Management does not fully disclose viable information
Great Place to Learn!
Commercial Driver, Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 9, 2017
From trainee to seat B deiver to Class A Driver...it's what you make of it. Pros: paid travel expenses to training, weekly allowance during training, room /Board. Nice facilities. Walk away lease. Cons: as lease operator, no pay raise, they determine your pay, take % of fuel surcharge and detention pay. Walk away lease, can potentially leave alot on THEIR table.

Like any other place it's what you make of it. Can learn alot about running your business.
driver at prime
Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 8, 2017
The #1 company to work for in regards to getting your cdl or if you have no home life. That is not a knock to prime but OTR trucking. This is the best paying entry level cdl program there is.
Pros
money
Cons
hometime
Great empolees very helpful
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 2, 2017
As most trucking companies that lease trucks, they tend to push for the sale of the trucks that they own. The leasing program is okay for those of us getting into the business for the first time but can be difficult for them for the first year.
Pros
great service department, wonderful kitchen and supply staff
Cons
leadership lacked information on the wealfare of the new drivers
A CEO that really does care.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 28, 2017
Yes, your away from home most of the time. Its called being a truck driver. However, if I need to get home, my fleet manager will make sure I get there. Company as a whole takes care of their drivers and their trucks. Owner built company from the ground up and is an easy, genuine person to talk with. Many amenities at Springfield terminal for all to enjoy. Other Prime terminals are rapidlay growing as well. Say what u will about Prime and our governed trucks but while other drivers are sitting at truck stops , praying for a load, we are working. Also not sitting on the side of the highway broke down.. I've seen many drivers quit Prtime due to a "better offer" and return a few months later wanting their job back.
Pros
Great owner / Family dynamic
Cons
Going 55 mph in a 70 mph zone or higher.
Good company if you want to learn to drive a truck
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 26, 2017
Away from home more than you are home. Balance between work and life is out of wack. They determine how much they want you to make. Best part is the new people you meet.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 26, 2017
Prime was a good company to work for had to leave due to personal reasons other than that I had a good time working for them they kept me busy and paid well
Pros
Great pay
Cons
55 is to slow
Laid back driving with great facilities
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2017
Prime has everythign a truck driver could need if you make it to a terminal laundry, entertainment, housing, food, a gym, and much much more everyone is very helpful and wants to see you succeed.
Great place to get your start
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2017
Great place to work. Fleet managers keep you rolling with minimal down time. Very safe company, and fleet managers will support you if you shut down for weather conditions. You're truly the captain of your own ship.
Pros
Free breakfast at terminals on Friday. Free pre-pass, tolls, and good CPM.
Cons
Typical away time from home, governed trucks.
Its a great way to see America, but the hours are long.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Springfield moApril 20, 2017
Driving for prime begins with team driving for 40000 miles which takes about 2 months. This means that the truck is opperating 24 hours a day. Sleeping is problematic at best but a person also gets see alot of scenery. The only time drivers get to stop is to pick up loads at shippers, to unload at recievers, to refuel, or take a mandatory 30 minute break during the 11 hour drive time. Eating, showering, and washing cloths are done at truck stops. A person gets to met alot of new people and will learn to be diplomatic in order to get things done. Overall working for prime is for an individual who can cope with being away from home for long durations of time
Pros
Get to travel and see the country
Cons
Duration time in truck too long
Fantastic
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 16, 2017
I have worked with prime for almost 2 1/2 years and don't have any complaints. I'm a solo driver that earns a living and can actually take a vacation every year. My dispatcher is awesome, my road assist people are very easy to work with, 99% of the people I've dealt with in the tractor, trailer and parts shops are great with drivers, the owner is actually a human being and communicates with everybody and anybody, etc... I could continue this list but I would be running out of characters. The point is I highly recommend working with this company!
Pros
Cons
Can't think of any right now
Challenging, fast pace
Student Trainer / CDL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 15, 2017
Able to work long days and nights if desire to do so, also able travel the country. Good for making a financial gain but very unhealthy due to long weeks out on the road.
Pros
making good money
Cons
health
Company needs work
Lease Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65803April 13, 2017
They do not like you to have home time. Dispatchers don't help you out at all. They will screw you over every chance they get.they treat lease drivers as company driver and force dispatch when they say they dont.
busy office
Senior Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAApril 10, 2017
enjoyed working for Prime, great co workers and always room to grow. Management was always on top of everything including drug and alochol testing for drivers.
Pros
excellent office and management
Cons
no routine
Good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  MissouriApril 8, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company in telecommunications field as a quality control inspector. Job came with health, vacation, and paid time off. Management was approachable.
Great company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 6, 2017
My husband is a Lease Operator and I team with him. I am able to be a company driver and have company benefits for us. The health insurance is high the first year, but goes down after your 1 yr anniversary. I came from another driving school and came with my license. My husband was able to train me as well. We get our home time with no problems. Most of the people that are complaining, don't know how to properly fuel their truck and are getting pay advances. Refrigerated freight does have slow times, where the money gets lower and there's not a lot of freight. We rarely sit though. My dispatcher is great! We treat her with respect and vice versa. If you want to make it at Prime, drive a company truck for at least a year, before jumping into a lease. My husband has been an owner operator for most of his 18 yr driving career. I'm glad that he trained me how to run efficiently and cut expenses on the road. This is a great company to work for. Their training program is on a one-on-one basis, and I wish I knew about it, when I was trying to obtain my license. We also do not pay to use their trailers. The first time fueling the trailer is on Prime and after that, it is on us. We do lots of drop and hook, so you're not putting lots of fuel in the reefers. You also can turn down loads, if you are lease and we make money. People get off their trainer's truck and go straight to lease. That's when you set yourself up for failure, because you haven't learned anything. The Log Department does not change your logs to make you legal. They will have another driver to repower your load, if  more... your hours are messed up. We're a team and have to take loads from solo drivers alot. Lots of these reviews out here are lies. Give them a chance if you are an experienced driver, that knows what to do.  less

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7