Prime Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Night Instructors are Top Worst of all CDL schools in this planet
PSD student stranded here (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 14, 2016
Night instructors are top worst of all cdl schools. For new coming students...I spent many weeks without getting training now a month......
If you are coming for psd trainig I highly advise you not to join night shift. They do not know wjat to do....they have no schedules....thier schedule is depending on thier interest.....!!!! If you decide to be a psd student do not accept night shift......Just choose to go with instructor to go to the road.....Worst night shift instructors......Boring and they are total failure for the company....But prime is really good company...
Great terminal facilities
Company Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 7, 2016
Daily hygiene maintenance required. A vehicle inspection followed. Afterwards, I'd be on the road all day, fueling, or unloading. I learned how to operate and unload a tank trailer. Great management. Great co-workers. Hardest part of the job was being away from home. Most enjoyable part was unloading.
Benefits
Cons
No pay for unloading
Good company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 29, 2016
Enjoyed working there. Nice equipment. Good pay checks. Constantly being moved around so not much sitting. Overall very happy with prime
bad company
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 21, 2016
I can find a single word to say that is kind about this company, its all about how much money the owner can make off the employees
They treat you like a number and don't pay you for months...
Lease Driver (Former Employee) –  EverywhereJune 20, 2016
This company is a prime example of what's wrong with the trucking industry... If you watch all their promotional garbage they seem like the best company in the world until they get your signatures and help you buy a truck.. and then for months they won't pay you and blame startup costs and fuel charges... do not lease! They will wreck your credit and drive you into the ground.... if you have any monthly bills at all be prepared not to be able to pay for them... if you have family be prepared to be borrowing money off of them so you can eat... this company is sick
Pros
Nice main terminal...
Cons
Months without pay.. they will drive you to the brink of bankruptcy with a smile
Driver Instructor
Driver Instructor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 11, 2016
After many jobs I found a home at prime. unfortunately I had to get off the Road. however If I do or can get back on the road I will go back. you have 100% access to all managers and even the owner.
Pros
dispatcher works with you. home when you need to be home, terminal have full facilities
Cons
E logs
good place to work.
Flatbed Driver (Former Employee) –  2740 N. mayfair Springfield Missouri 65803May 28, 2016
I worked as truck driver for six months. I drive over the road. Pick the load,secure the shipment and delivery on time on a safety manner.
Pros
good manangement
Cons
the salary is too low
Not a bad company until life happens
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAMay 21, 2016
Everything was going well enough for a trucking job, Until I had a death in the family. My 18 year old daughter died suddenly ( turns out it was her heart) and her mothers company sent condolences, flowers, cards, etc. her step-fathers company sent representatives, flowers and cards. My wife's college sent flowers and even sent a representative, it was all very touching in our time of grief. Prime did nothing not even a card they were nice enough to remind me of the cost of letting the truck sit and put me under a load 4 days after my daughter was laid to rest. beyond insensitive cold and careless is how i describe Prime. I will be leaving the company A.S.A.P.
Pros
good terminals, decent pay
Cons
horrible mechanics, insensitive company, all the nice nice is just a front
Smoke and Mirrors
Lease Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 15, 2016
Once the hype Prime pitches to you about the company wears off, you will start to see it for what it is. It's a decent place to get experience and move on to better things.

I was told Prime was a over-the-road (OTR) 48. However, I spent the majority of my time in the northeast, particularly running five states. It was more regional work, with the average loads running 300-500 miles. OTR is designed for team driving with Prime as a driver trainer.

I'd typically stay out two to four months at a time. Then I would take four days off.

I never turned down a load in my year there.

One good thing about Prime is that all the equipment is brand new and in excellent condition.

As for staff, I ran into quite a bit with horrible attitudes towards drivers. They were extremely rude and condescending when being asked basic questions. However, there are very nice and friendly staff their as well. I understand that they get 100s of new drivers a month, and the same questions can get mundane. However, that's the business they are in. They need to be respectful about it.

Your success depends on your fleet manager. My fleet manager had a problem with me. He did not like the fact that I didn't want to run strictly regional northeast. After two weeks of strictly running NJ, PA, OH, IL, and MD, I would ask for a change. The change would last for a week or two, and then I would be right back to the northeast. Typically, the change was only to KY or TN.

As for money, it's up and down. Most of the time I struggled to make $1000.00 a week. However, it averaged out due to some weeks
  more... making $2000.00 or more. In a year driving with them, I made around $55,000.00.

Overall, it's a decent place to start your trucking career. There are a lot of better companies out there for experienced drivers that pay more and respect the driver.
Pros
Equipment, Starting Pay
Cons
Freight Lanes, Staff Attitude
Good Operations for OTR
Heavy Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 7, 2016
This is a good company to work for. I was a Lease Operator with this company. Support was one of the best things I have to say about Prime.
Pros
Gym
Cons
NA
Worst company and job ever
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 21, 2016
Company Driver Flatbed -they lie about how much you will be paid.
They withhold information. They don't tell you up front that you will need to spend $3200 on flatbed equipment. Plus you need to get your own ladder, and should get moving blankets to protect your $200 dollar tarps. Yes some weeks you get paid $1000 but the next 3 you will get paid $300. Dispatch treats you like you have 10 years experience and you are a robot. Depending on your dispatcher you may or may not get home every 3 weeks. Communication from training to working is terrible, and laughable. Not all trainers are the same but mine told me hardly anything and when I asked questions he answered in the most bizzare ways. He rarely made sense. in flat bed all of your free time is spent resting in the sleeper. No time for sight seeing, no time for restaurants. food-You have to microwave it if you want it hot.

you work 12-16 hours each day for 21 days in a row. Yes you are logging as off duty but you have a lot of work to do, otherwise you won't get any miles and you have appointment times.

Picture tarping your load of hay with 3 tarps in about 2.5 hours. then you take the hay to a farm and untarp when its 5 degrees and the tarps get in the mud and cow manure. 2 days later you are in some place warm and have to put the same filthy tarps on a load of structural material and you must lift them above your head letting the manure get in your hair and all over you. Then the load has so many jagged edges that it tears large holes in the tarp. Which you hope the receiver won't mind too much that
  more... you got the material wet and dirty. then you run out of hours and have to park on an on ramp or you park next to a real noisy truck and cant sleep.--- there's a thousand reasons not to do this job.  less
Pros
you get to quit and pay back training money
Cons
you realize how stupid you were in becoming a flatbed driver
Lease operator
Lease Operator (Current Employee) –  MissouriMarch 15, 2016
I'm a lease operator and I been here for 7 months now and just recently I haven't got paid for 6 weeks. I asked my dm and he is no help call pay roll it's your dm there no help. You ask to go take the ace 2 and my dm still hasn't sent me and I never get to Springfield or pa. Way back In the day this company was good. No it's not. They also lie to you in the beginning you don't get to pick your own loads and if you turn down a load they ask questions. This company is also in bankruptcy I found out one after I started. Also they are going to automatics this year. Please don't lease it's not worth losing eve thing you own they yell and scream at you when you want to go home. They Thow loads on you when you are low on hours. They also go into your log book. They say oh we can fix your hours and you say no they do it anyways. They promise you the moon and nothing. Your dm is in control of your money. It is forced disbpatch. Then they night dishbatch will send you a message on your 10 hour break and if you don't respond they call you and ask when are you rolling. The truck run between 59 and 62 miles per hour . Then to come to find out you rent there trailers for 1000,00 week and you ask what that is they say we don't know what your talking about you also have to pay for anything on the trailer of a blown tire etc. you have to pay rental fee for the apu and when it's serviced you have to pay that also qc you have pay weekly fee for that you pay weekly for using the prime app and scan in your bills it's 5.00 dollars week. You don't have a life if your a sole driver you go out to the  more... east cost run up and don't make any money. They don't tell you up front but you don't own the truck after the lease is up you have to come up refinance of 13,000 to 20,000 . Look at all the reviews and do homework. I advice you not to come over look somewhere else.  less
Rough lifestyle but totally worth it
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 9, 2016
As an OTR trucker driver, it was my responsibility to deliver goods across country in a timely manner. There is no such thing as a personal and professional balance. Trucking is your life, and you have to fashion your life to suit that fact. Fresh out of university, the compensation was excellent. Prime's staff was very accommodating and understanding. I learned a lot about the value of time management, the significance of the trucking industry, and truly how beautiful and intricate this country's landscape is. All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed my time on the open road.
Pros
Meeting awesome people, pay, scenery
Cons
Long hours, limited access to healthful food options
Job was very boring, sitting in front of a computer looking at the same thing over and over
Log Auditor (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOFebruary 29, 2016
I did enjoy the people there, fun to work with and we would try to break up the boring of it all with practical jokes on each other.
Pros
Liked the people
Cons
Very boring job
i have nothing good to say
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 14, 2015
there is nothing good to say except that getting paid to see the countryside was pretty fun. I rather not say anything bad because it is not good to talk bad about an employer or a person. Lets just say my experience was not so good. It was good at first but when you are not making enough to pay for bills and company isnt paying your guaranteed pay, it gets really hard to stay positive
Pros
see the countryside, and visit almost all 48 states
Cons
away from home, and away from loved ones
fun
Kitchen Manager/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 3, 2015
good company to work for
fun and motivating
good pay
need management work
dont keep managers for long
but other than that its a good place to work
They did not provide accurate information of how the job was going to be.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MENovember 29, 2015
The hours were not what I was told they were going to be.I did not feel secure working there.I was not paid what I was told I would be paid.
Love Prime
driver class a (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 27, 2015
I love working at Prime. It's like any other job it has its good days and it has its bad days. Money is good, freight is there and they do a good job of getting me home when I want. It's like any other job just work hard, do your job and you will be fine.
very good company
Truck Driver (OTR) Lease operator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 24, 2015
it's a very good company just you have to negotiate your wage in the starting but they care about there drivers and has friendly weather for work
Best company I have worked for...
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MONovember 2, 2015
Prime has provided me with a lot of opportunity I would not be able to find anywhere else. They treat drivers with a great deal of respect, and strive to make this a positive work environment. This is not an industry for everyone, but Prime is terrific for someone that wants to work hard, gain great compensation, be challenged every day, and grow on a personal and professional level. It's a fun place to work, and I love working with drivers everyday. I am constantly learning something new and interesting - even after 7 years.
Pros
family environment, many ammenities, challenging, growth opportunities

2.6