Prime Inc Employee Reviews

Great empolees very helpful
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMay 2, 2017
As most trucking companies that lease trucks, they tend to push for the sale of the trucks that they own. The leasing program is okay for those of us getting into the business for the first time but can be difficult for them for the first year.
Pros
great service department, wonderful kitchen and supply staff
Cons
leadership lacked information on the wealfare of the new drivers
A CEO that really does care.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 28, 2017
Yes, your away from home most of the time. Its called being a truck driver. However, if I need to get home, my fleet manager will make sure I get there. Company as a whole takes care of their drivers and their trucks. Owner built company from the ground up and is an easy, genuine person to talk with. Many amenities at Springfield terminal for all to enjoy. Other Prime terminals are rapidlay growing as well. Say what u will about Prime and our governed trucks but while other drivers are sitting at truck stops , praying for a load, we are working. Also not sitting on the side of the highway broke down.. I've seen many drivers quit Prtime due to a "better offer" and return a few months later wanting their job back.
Pros
Great owner / Family dynamic
Cons
Going 55 mph in a 70 mph zone or higher.
Good company if you want to learn to drive a truck
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 26, 2017
Away from home more than you are home. Balance between work and life is out of wack. They determine how much they want you to make. Best part is the new people you meet.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 26, 2017
Prime was a good company to work for had to leave due to personal reasons other than that I had a good time working for them they kept me busy and paid well
Pros
Great pay
Cons
55 is to slow
Laid back driving with great facilities
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2017
Prime has everythign a truck driver could need if you make it to a terminal laundry, entertainment, housing, food, a gym, and much much more everyone is very helpful and wants to see you succeed.
Great place to get your start
Commercial Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 25, 2017
Great place to work. Fleet managers keep you rolling with minimal down time. Very safe company, and fleet managers will support you if you shut down for weather conditions. You're truly the captain of your own ship.
Pros
Free breakfast at terminals on Friday. Free pre-pass, tolls, and good CPM.
Cons
Typical away time from home, governed trucks.
Its a great way to see America, but the hours are long.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Springfield moApril 20, 2017
Driving for prime begins with team driving for 40000 miles which takes about 2 months. This means that the truck is opperating 24 hours a day. Sleeping is problematic at best but a person also gets see alot of scenery. The only time drivers get to stop is to pick up loads at shippers, to unload at recievers, to refuel, or take a mandatory 30 minute break during the 11 hour drive time. Eating, showering, and washing cloths are done at truck stops. A person gets to met alot of new people and will learn to be diplomatic in order to get things done. Overall working for prime is for an individual who can cope with being away from home for long durations of time
Pros
Get to travel and see the country
Cons
Duration time in truck too long
Fantastic
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 16, 2017
I have worked with prime for almost 2 1/2 years and don't have any complaints. I'm a solo driver that earns a living and can actually take a vacation every year. My dispatcher is awesome, my road assist people are very easy to work with, 99% of the people I've dealt with in the tractor, trailer and parts shops are great with drivers, the owner is actually a human being and communicates with everybody and anybody, etc... I could continue this list but I would be running out of characters. The point is I highly recommend working with this company!
Pros
Cons
Can't think of any right now
Challenging, fast pace
Student Trainer / CDL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 15, 2017
Able to work long days and nights if desire to do so, also able travel the country. Good for making a financial gain but very unhealthy due to long weeks out on the road.
Pros
making good money
Cons
health
Company needs work
Lease Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65803April 13, 2017
They do not like you to have home time. Dispatchers don't help you out at all. They will screw you over every chance they get.they treat lease drivers as company driver and force dispatch when they say they dont.
busy office
Senior Night Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PAApril 10, 2017
enjoyed working for Prime, great co workers and always room to grow. Management was always on top of everything including drug and alochol testing for drivers.
Pros
excellent office and management
Cons
no routine
Good company
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  MissouriApril 8, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company in telecommunications field as a quality control inspector. Job came with health, vacation, and paid time off. Management was approachable.
Great company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 6, 2017
My husband is a Lease Operator and I team with him. I am able to be a company driver and have company benefits for us. The health insurance is high the first year, but goes down after your 1 yr anniversary. I came from another driving school and came with my license. My husband was able to train me as well. We get our home time with no problems. Most of the people that are complaining, don't know how to properly fuel their truck and are getting pay advances. Refrigerated freight does have slow times, where the money gets lower and there's not a lot of freight. We rarely sit though. My dispatcher is great! We treat her with respect and vice versa. If you want to make it at Prime, drive a company truck for at least a year, before jumping into a lease. My husband has been an owner operator for most of his 18 yr driving career. I'm glad that he trained me how to run efficiently and cut expenses on the road. This is a great company to work for. Their training program is on a one-on-one basis, and I wish I knew about it, when I was trying to obtain my license. We also do not pay to use their trailers. The first time fueling the trailer is on Prime and after that, it is on us. We do lots of drop and hook, so you're not putting lots of fuel in the reefers. You also can turn down loads, if you are lease and we make money. People get off their trainer's truck and go straight to lease. That's when you set yourself up for failure, because you haven't learned anything. The Log Department does not change your logs to make you legal. They will have another driver to repower your load, if  more... your hours are messed up. We're a team and have to take loads from solo drivers alot. Lots of these reviews out here are lies. Give them a chance if you are an experienced driver, that knows what to do.  less
a great starter company
Fleet manager, Chase Darling (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MO 65803April 3, 2017
they are a great starter company. don't spend your carrer there thou. good pay. great fleet manager. dedicated to waightloss. new equipment with all the safety features.
learn by doing
Night Fleet Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 1, 2017
long nightshift hours with 4 on 4 off

on nights a minimum of 2 plus years before getting a chance to go to dayshift

reliable traning before going to nights
Pros
gym, cafe on site
Cons
long night hours
It's a mixed bag.
CDL Class A Driver/Lease Operator (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 1, 2017
Prime pays their company drivers well. Lease-Operators work on percentage. Settlements are difficult to read with all their codes, but they do offer a class for it. They tend to nickel and dime lease ops. Getting home was very difficult. They kept me as far from my home as it was physically possible to be.
Their redeeming qualities are they have a really fun, approachable management team and a beautiful terminal in Springfield, MO.
Most trainers needs an attitude check
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 29, 2017
Great company to work for if u have ur cdl a class plus own ur own truck. Working with a trainer while ur on team mode is a hassle because they dont look at u as a humanbeing but more like a mule with miles and time on top of ur head, so they can make a killer paycheck without worrying about ur best interest to upgrade into a solo driver
Pros
Great Terminal
Cons
Trainers are leased operator that dont care about you, just about how much miles they can make in a week
If you are at the main terminal there is a lot to do.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 28, 2017
Main terminal has a full basketball court, pool tables, cinema, and dinning area. Also a detail shop and a garage that will check your rig when you pull though.
Easy Fun
Cook (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 24, 2017
I loved working there on a normal day i cooked and took orders from customers. But the people i worked with where not professional and very rude. I learned how to cook on a line and work really fast at multiple things at once.
Pros
Cons
rude co workers, unprofessional manager and boss
driving
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOMarch 23, 2017
Prime inc was a driving school where they did teach me to drive semi-truck. I was able to pass. It was probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
Pros
paid good money
Cons
didnt like being away from home that long of time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prime Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7