Prime Therapeutics

Prime Therapeutics Employee Reviews

Young workforce and growing company
Senior Product Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 13, 2015
Pros: Some free lunches, wellness programs
Cons: mundane work
Prime is a very young work force, mainly because the company is growing at a rapid pace. With this rapid growth there are some pain points, management like to micromanage and there are a lot of petty office politics. Compensation is less than competitors but the benefits are comparable.
Healthcare Domain
Consultant (Current Employee), Eagan, MNAugust 6, 2015
notate below general responsibilities as they relate to the specific topics of interest for the opening.
Involved from requirement gathering, analysis, development, testing, UAT support, production implementation, post implementation support and team coordination.

Good environment.
Prime is a productive place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Irving, TXAugust 6, 2015
Pros: The management serves us free lunch sometimes
I have always had fun working at Prime, great coworkers and very nice environment. It is also a hands on company they make sure to supply you with whatever question one may have and always there to assist whenever we have an escalated call.
No room for growth
Contact Center Team Lead (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 2, 2015
Prime has given me the opportunity to learn about healthcare on the prescription side, and has given me the opportunity to grow in my leadership skills.
Great Cusomer Service
Member Service Agent/ SME (Current Employee), Irving, TXJuly 28, 2015
I have to say out of all the places I've worked at this is the one company that took customer service very seriously. By grading over 6 calls a week per agent it insured each customer was being treated with candor and having a world class experience.
Poor Management
Other (Former Employee), BloomingtonJuly 21, 2015
Poor management and leadership with no room for advancement unless you work 60+ hours a week. Positions are silohed with no teamwork or collaboration.
poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), AlbuquerqueJuly 1, 2015
Pros: free food, good benefits
Cons: bad management, no room to move up
Would be a good place to work but management is disorganized and does not provide consistent training and communication. Also the work environment is a lot like High School, very clickey and unprofessional. Hard working people get overlooked if your not friends with the right people.
Casual assembly line type environment
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Mail Order) (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 23, 2015
This is a good job to have for stability but the culture of the department (fulfilment) is unprofessional at times and the tasks are tidious. The goals are easily attainable but advancement is highly unlikely.
Great Company, Always changing
Sr. Writing Consultant (Former Employee), Edina, MNJune 18, 2015
Pros: Good benefits, spoiled employees, health perks/vitality
Cons: Some people couldn't handle the change
I loved Prime and would continue to work there if I could. The culture was great, they spoiled their employees. As with any/most healthcare company, expect and get used to a lot of change and growth. Embrace it, its a good thing.
Very fast-paced, busy workplace
Clinical Appeals Technician (Former Employee), Edina, MNJune 15, 2015
Pros: Always busy
Cons: Construction within building
Extremely good to their employees. Expect you to work hard and quickly. Very great opportunities for employees. Very reliable supervisors and managers. Can always count on getting helpful information and remaining busy at all times.
Needs to Focus in the Employee
Medicare Specialist (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 15, 2015
Pros: pays well
Cons: No Flexability, Out of date Tech, Revolving door, Hostile Managemnt
Prime at first was a great Company to be at. They were all about how they are growing and how they were rated 100 best places to work. The Training was great and the environment was quite.

The culture and the environment changed fast. There was a document distributed that showed management engaging in activities that are illegal and demining to employees. This currently is under a legal investigation. From this point there was a huge focus on "cleaning house." They fired anyone who failed to be a yes man. They refused to use corrective counseling like Verbal, Written, and final warning structure. The Director if my department personally said to me that "I don't believe in corrective counseling, you either have or you don't." We lost many great employees due to this culture. The hardest part is they don't tell you they are a Third-Party Call center "owned" by 13 BlueCross Blue shield Companies, and "contracted" with several others like Florida Blue, who is the worst client to please.

The Best thing about my time at prime was the friendships I made there.
Inconsistent practices
Sr. Manager and Business Lead (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 12, 2015
Local leadership inconsistent and unstable. Lots of changes and unclear enterprise objectives. A very member-centric company, which is outstanding, but not very employee-friendly in terms of rewards and recognition or advancement opportunities.
Good benefits
Member Services Senior Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 10, 2015
Prime provides great benefits. Typical unstable work environment. Shift bids every 6 months. Management likes you And you will get promoted, if management does not like you you will go out the door. Its about who you know not what you know.
Fast Paced Enviornment
Member/PharmacyAgent/ Supervisor (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 6, 2015
Pros: Multiple Responsibility
Cons: No Direction
100+ Inbound calls a day form members/pharmacies and patients. Helping with benefits questions/RX processing , Tech Support and Training.
Awesome Company
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJune 3, 2015
Loved working with a team environment and management, the coworkers on the team I participated on were the best and we always enjoyed each other's company as well as getting the job done
great place to work
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 25, 2015
Great place to work will reccomend this job to others, you are reconized for your hard work and effort, wonderfull environment.
Fun place to work
Pharmacy Benefit Manager for Bluecross Blueshield (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 18, 2015
Pros: the feeling of helping others
Cons: little to no advancement opportunities
Receiving incoming calls from members of BlueCross Blue Shield to refill mail order RX . Providing excellent Customer Service for members in need of their medication
A developing company with a bright working environment.
Account Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 18, 2015
Obtain issues from member's/clients/outside legal entities via mail, email, Prime's legal department, social media platforms, or our corporate line.

Investigate and identify the origin of an issue.

Coordinate with the necessary departments to provide details including a timeline of events in some cases and resolve those issues to ensure client/member satisfaction.

I have learned the companies goal and obtained a clear understanding of the pharmacy benefit industry as a whole.

I work with a superb group of individuals.

The hardest part of my job is coordinating some internal departments to obtain needed information while ensuring my deadlines are met.

The most enjoyable part of my job is completing my assignments on or before time, while helping member's get the medicine they need to feel better and live well.
easy job
Member Services Agent (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 13, 2015
Pros: free lunch sometimes and fun work events
Cons: short breaks
This job is very easy and they have good benefits and you can learn alot about medication policies the goals to meet for the call center are easy and everyone are very friendly and understanding
As with anything, it has it's goods and it's bads
Member Service Agent (Former Employee), Omaha, NEMay 4, 2015
Pros: helping members, casual dress, paid time off, great benefits
Cons: MANAGEMENT and peak season
As far as an inbound call center goes, it is a relaxed environment where you can wear jeans and a tee-shirt to work every day. If you like the interaction and opportunity of talking with new people every day but doing the same job I would totally say that Prime is a great place to work and the benefits they offer are pronominal; but then again, they have to be in order for you to stick around and put up with management! The supervisors and management on staff are self serving, inconsiderate, uncommunicative, and disinterested in employee problems.
Employees
1,001 to 5,000
Industry
Links
Prime Therapeutics website
Read more about Prime's industry insights
Visit our Careers site