Prime Therapeutics

Prime Therapeutics Employer Reviews

Good group of long term employees, new employees are challenged
Manager (Former Employee), MinnesotaSeptember 24, 2014
Prime has a core group of employees that have been with the company for a long time. However, in recent years they have grown very quickly and and the hiring and training of new employees has not kept up. Although there is on-boarding available it is surface only. If you are not in Minnesota, you loose out on much of the day to day detail and decision making. A difficult challenge with a customer base spread through out the US
lots of promises but false hopes
CPHT Data Entry (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: being able to work on your own
Cons: high turnarounds, unsteady quotas, need better and more organized management
starting working with this company knowing that I was overqualified and more educated then the other technicians. I repeatedly had interviews for supervisory positions since I was qualified and they would always go for an outside source who would always leave a month or 2 later. fell ill the end of last year and company made it difficult to obtain an fmla or any help. was recently let go the day after I got into a car accident on the way to work.
Very productive, fun, knowledgable staff
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMSeptember 23, 2014
Co-workers are very helpful, pharmacy leads go out of their way to assist in any way possible, very fast paced, which meant that the day usually went by pretty quick. Calm and easygoing environement.
Worst Company I have worked for
Member Service Agent (Former Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 15, 2014
Unresonable pay
Bad Management
Bad training
Not enough support from management
Ok place to work
Clinical Review Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Edina, MNSeptember 9, 2014
You have to be patient because you often deal with angry customers, some of them make you day and others ruin it. Great stuff for support. Management is great as well.
To continue to work smart and hard for the company
Pharmacy Benefits Coordinator (Current Employee), Irving, TXSeptember 8, 2014
Working for a (PBM) Pharmacy Benefit Management company can be very stressful because of the everyday time contraints and present policies and procedures set before us to adhere to. In conjunction to this there are daily emails and alerts with updated information to follow when assisting new and future members, providers, and insurers. I stay abreast to company policy updates by coming into the office and immediately reviewing emails and opening up my job aid for each healthcare plan, which houses all current information needed to assist the members with any questions that might arise on the call from start to finish. It is my goal and honor to always go the extra mile for my members as it is crucial to their physical and mental well being. I believe that team work is essential to a strong and successful company as eveyone with work together collevtively for the betterment of all serviced. The hardest part of my job is having to advise a member that he/she has to pay out of pocket for a costly medication and they are on a fixed income. The direct cause of this is usually plan exclusions and utilization management rejections and/or denials. In retrospect, the most enjoyable part of my job is being able to offer options to counteract plan exclusions such as: tier exceptions, appeals, prior authorizations, peer to peer reviews, medical necessity letters , etc.
wrk
Resolution Specialist/ Team Mentor (Former Employee), txAugust 7, 2014
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
it's an ok job
Member Services Agent (Former Employee), Irving, TXJuly 30, 2014
it's ok if you get hired on directly from the company and not as a temp. then management and hr are just a little ghetto but that works for some people. but the pay is decent and they have little events like for breast cancer and stuff where you can buy food or they will cater lunch but it's never anything really good. things are supposed to change soon but who knows.
Great company to work for
Clinical Review Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Edina, MNJuly 2, 2014
Great company to work for given a great role and excellent management.
Working nights, quite, busy, slowl, relaxed, comfortable, enjoyable.
Member Service Agent (Current Employee), Omaha, NEJune 26, 2014
Cons: food days, always a plus, working with a small group of folks.
Start time is 10:00 pm , busy, and meetings,messages, enjoy working with co workers, small group great workers, the hardest part if of the job when there are system problems..
Short handed place
Data Entry (Former Employee), Irving, TXJune 23, 2014
While working here was a valuable asset in my learning, there were a lot of turnarounds with employees and management. Management was not very handy.
Pharmacy tech (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJune 18, 2014
I assist members/clients with medication refills, renewal requests for prescriptions from their medical doctor, checking prescription status, claim researches, accepted credit card payments and updating members profile.
Productive and family oriented
Member Services Specialist (Current Employee), Irving, TXJune 9, 2014
My day is busy from start to finish, but that is a positive thing for me. Staying productive keeps me educated and "on my toes" about the knowledge of my company.
Nice place to work, friendly, helpful
Data Entry/Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Orlando, FLJune 3, 2014
Pros: casual fridays, snacks provides on wednesdays
Cons: overtime sometimes manadatory
Good place to work, helpful supervisors. Friendly staff, everyone is very approachable. Casual Fridays, snacks on Wednesdays.
overall good place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician PRC (Current Employee), Irving, TXMay 18, 2014
Pros: excellent pay, great healthcare, 401k savings
Cons: sitting at a desk all day, customer service (prime's members are always right, and if they yell, which they do, prime gives them whatever they want.)
I have worked for a lot of pharmacies. Yes, this place has its favoritism and drama, but every job does. It really is not that bad. One can easily stay out of the drama if one chooses to do so. I do hate sitting all day. The customer service isnt always great either.
OK place to work
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee), Irving, TXMay 6, 2014
Overall its an Ok place to work. Every job has its pros and cons
challenges are the right challenges
Learning & Development (Current Employee), Bloomington MNMay 2, 2014
I drive home from working smiling almost every day. There are challenges that make sense based on circumstances rather than bad mgmt or bad people or bad business.
They play favorites
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee), Irivng, TXApril 18, 2014
Pros: bonuses, nice people, good hours, pto, e-time (leave early)
Cons: bad management, favorites, no real room for advancement, no good places to eat around them.
A good steady job for sure, a lot of the staff were college students as well. They promised compensation for being trained in multiple ques, that never happened. Management has their favorites, it's obvious. There are some managers (Ms. Prime) that go around the site and say inappropriate things and try to write you up for any little thing. I did enjoy the pay and the incentives, was a very good balance between work and life. They offered Voluntary time off daily, so if you were not trained in multiple ques you could leave if you wanted to. Your pay just was determined by how much work you really put in.
Productive workplace
MEMBER SERVICE AGENT (Current Employee), Irving, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: incentives
Cons: short lunches
I enjoy working for Prime I"m just seeking a company with more career opportunities.
Call Center Setting
Member Service Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 24, 2014
A typical day is back to back calls on Medicare and commercial benefits. Daily e-mails on changes in the benefit packages of the members or clients who we administer their prescription benefits to. I work daily with the plan i.e. Benefit carrier of the healthcare prescription plans. I enjoy my co-workers we work as a team and have weekly meetings to discuss changes and ideas on how to assist the members and client better and how to give a positive experience member experience in a one call resolution. The hardest part of my job is split days off and no consistency with the schedule; example M-Thurs. 7:30-4:00 off Friday work Saturday 10:30 am - 7:00 pm off Sunday. Not a healthy schedule for the employee due to you need two consecutive days off. The most enjoyable part of the job is to serve the member at the other end of the phone. Being able to give options with solutions and to hear in that person's voice that you assisted them and they are pleased that is priceless.

About Prime Therapeutics

Prime Therapeutics (Prime) is a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management. We help clients make smart health care management – Read more

Prime Therapeutics Salaries