Prime Therapeutics

Prime Therapeutics Employer Reviews

Call Center Setting
Member Service Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 24, 2014
A typical day is back to back calls on Medicare and commercial benefits. Daily e-mails on changes in the benefit packages of the members or clients who we administer their prescription benefits to. I work daily with the plan i.e. Benefit carrier of the healthcare prescription plans. I enjoy my co-workers we work as a team and have weekly meetings to – more... discuss changes and ideas on how to assist the members and client better and how to give a positive experience member experience in a one call resolution. The hardest part of my job is split days off and no consistency with the schedule; example M-Thurs. 7:30-4:00 off Friday work Saturday 10:30 am - 7:00 pm off Sunday. Not a healthy schedule for the employee due to you need two consecutive days off. The most enjoyable part of the job is to serve the member at the other end of the phone. Being able to give options with solutions and to hear in that person's voice that you assisted them and they are pleased that is priceless. – less
Nice Place to work, a lot is expected
Clinical Review Technician (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 24, 2014
I was hired on as a contractor leading into their busy season. There were a lot of people already working overtime, and we were expected to do so as well after training. The position was such that you had to keep a certain pace in order to keep up and there was not a lot of time for anything but sitting at the computer. The people that I worked with – more... were nice people, but there was not a lot of time to get to know them. – less
Excellent and challenging job
Clinical Review Technician/Contractor (Current Employee), Twin CitiesMarch 19, 2014
Excellent and challenging job. Great team, works together. Professional atmosphere. Educated trainers. Group activities with employees.
Great
Sr. QA Engineer (Former Employee), Eagan, MNMarch 6, 2014
Pros: great
Cons: great
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
love this palce
Member Service Rep (Former Employee), irving txMarch 6, 2014
Pros: everything
Cons: nothing
love working at prime grate place to work at. the beefits is awesome!
It's a cool place to work.
QA Analyst (Current Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 24, 2014
It's a cool place to work. It's an agile environment I have got many things to learn.
Nice work environment but you are treated like a number
Temporary Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: free bagels and good location
Cons: management
If you are ok with sitting for hours on a computer then the work isn't bad at all but don't expect the management to congradulate hard work and dedication it is all about favoritism. At least you can get a lot of over time.
quiet place to work
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMFebruary 18, 2014
You are by your self in front of a computer. Adjusting insurance claims. Friendly people, managers
relaxed environment with no ping pong table
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 14, 2014
there's a mostly empty room just perfect for a ping pong table and it's great they have their own exercise room/gym. The employees are professional and seem to enjoy their work.
Prime
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Irving, TXFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: low morale, no concerns for employees etc
Overall, PRIME houses AWESOME individuals. The only drawback to the job is the cliques that develop. The management is only concerned about themselves. The morale of the company is overall down. This being because their main focus is on the members and NOT the employess.
Company is growing
Sr. Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Eagan, MNFebruary 11, 2014
This company is growing, and its a nice place to work. I was a contractor there and enjoyed my time working at Prime.
As a contractor ,overall good place to work . All work , no play. Which is ok thats why I went everyday
Member Service Agent (Former Employee), TexasFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: pay is ok, if hired on permanently(11-12) temp
Cons: no communication with management, strictly numbers
On a daily basis I assist members/clients with medication refills, renewal requests for prescriptions from their medical doctor, checking prescription status, claim researches, accepted credit card payments and updating members profile.
8 step Strategy is not always good , because every call is different . To force where it doesn't fit can be annoying – more... .It would help to be evaluated on taking ownershiip of the call using some of the steps . Only enforce all 8 steps when called necessary. To say the same thing over, even if it is in a different way doesnt make sense. Also QA will give you a better way to have said it , which is ok for coaching , Our minds are different and wont think of the exact same words, so why should we get dinged if we said, even if its not the QA exact wording . – less
clinical review tech (Former Employee), Bloomington mn – November 12, 2013
CLINICAL REVIEW TECH (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: me
Cons: kong h
Pros: free bagels, great learning experienceCons: awful supervisors (jstew), they will never hire you, favoritismI worked for them as a contractor for a whole year. I was doing really well and was told that I will be hired on once the can get positions open but it turns out that was a lie. The management here is awful. My supervisor was just recently – more... hired back in early 2013, she had no background in pharmacy except that fact that she was a former supervisor at – more... a mortgage company and her friend happens to know the hiring manager ( conflict of interest a violation of code of ethics) which was probably why she received the job. We did phone prior authorizations and each time there was an escalated call from the doctors office she would refuse to take the call and try to pass it on to the leads aka auditors. If you had a question she did not know how to help you and she would always send you away. Again, management is awful.

Because we were contractors we were outcasted and treated very hostile by the full time employees.I told my onsite recruiter that a bunch of use felt that there was way too much favoritism going on and she denied the whole thing and told us we were just being to paranoid.

HI KONG, I KNOW THIS IS YOU!

STOP TELLING LIES! – less
Financially Compensating
Member Service Specialist (Overnight) (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: financially compensated
Cons: top heavy management
A typical day included reviewing member's accounts providing prescription drug benefits to them. We also provided claims processing assistance for pharmacies adjudicating claims. The people there overall was friendly however due to top heavy management made the environment non employee friendly. The job itself was rewarding in servicing the members – more... but the corporate politics is what will drive a productive employee to leave. Overall this would not be a company I would ever would like to return to under any circumstance. – less
Insufficient Work Activity
Office Supply Clerk (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNJanuary 14, 2014
As working there each day's activities order and importance changed. Having that type of work activity and training respect from management made it hard to efficient with all required activities while working each employment day.
Job Security-5
Benefit Design Analyst (Former Employee), Eagan, MNJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: management, salary, benefits
Cons: contract most employees
Within a 6 month contract period, there were two sets of layoffs for our positions so job security is a little uneasy. Overall I enjoyed working here and the management team was awesome but don't be fooled by the steadfastness over the last two years as production is starting to slow.
Prior Authorization Team
Clinical Pharmacy Review Specialist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 27, 2013
You are hired on through a temp agency. You are only guaranteed 6 months of work. You are told you will have the opportunity based on performance to be hired on full time. That is not the case you will be laid of before your 6 month anniversary. I would not recommend this area for anyone that has a full time job currently.
Clinical Review pharmacy tech
clinical review tech (Former Employee), Bloomington mnNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free bagels, great learning experience
Cons: awful supervisors (jstew), they will never hire you, favoritism
I worked for them as a contractor for a whole year. I was doing really well and was told that I will be hired on once the can get positions open but it turns out that was a lie. The management here is awful. My supervisor was just recently hired back in early 2013, she had no background in pharmacy except that fact that she was a former supervisor at – more... a mortgage company and her friend happens to know the hiring manager ( conflict of interest a violation of code of ethics) which was probably why she received the job. We did phone prior authorizations and each time there was an escalated call from the doctors office she would refuse to take the call and try to pass it on to the leads aka auditors. If you had a question she did not know how to help you and she would always send you away. Again, management is awful.

If there was an permanent position opening up on a different team within clinical review, we were told that we could not apply and if you expressed any interest and spoke with other supervisors about it, it was consider " going behind their backs " really we are all adults here. – less
Nice work load
temp (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 1, 2013
Pros: listening to music with headphones of course and catering from time to time
Cons: dealing with difficult doctors from time to time
This is a perfect job for someone who is younger and have no children. The schedules are not flexible at all. Some of the co-workers spend too much time talking about others rather than working. The most enjoyable part is doing the fax queue and listening to music will you are completing your work.
Prime Therapeutics is a company with growth and potential
Medicare Research Specialist (Former Employee), Omaha, NEOctober 17, 2013
Prime Therapeutics was an excellent place to work with great benefits.

About Prime Therapeutics

Prime Therapeutics (Prime) is a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management. We help clients make smart health care management – Read more