Prime Therapeutics

Prime Therapeutics Employee Reviews

enjoyed fulfillment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TXMarch 30, 2015
enjoyed work with pharmacy fulfillment and dispense drugs and restock and inventory work and great to be with co workers teamwork
Great people to work with.
Member Services Associate (Current Employee), Irving, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free fruit every week.
Cons: lunch is only 30 minutes.
I have learned a great deal of getting the medications to help people live and feel well. The hardest part is reversing claims so people can get emergency medications right away. Prior authorizations
Productivity and learn more
Sr. MDM/ETL QA Analyst (Current Employee), Eagen, MNMarch 19, 2015
I have learn new technologies and enjoy my work. i work on skills like : Informatica MDM Hub Console, Informatica 9.1,8.6, Oracle 11g, Windows 2007, Quality Center 11(ALM), FileZilla, Ultra edit, Lotus Quikr, Robo Schedular, Soap,UI, Putty, SQL,PL/SQL, java Script, HTML, Xml.
Good place to work, very flexible work hours
Consultant/Contractor (Current Employee), Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good people
Prime Therapeutics provided a very enjoyable experience as my first contracting job. We were allowed a lot of flexibility in providing the contingency solution that was required.
Assisting members with refilling their medicine and contacting doctors for prior authorixations
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee), irving txMarch 8, 2015
The hardest part about the ob was not being able to have a one call resolution some members medication was in the process of shipping and the members were out of medication, which mean the member would have to spend additonal money to get more medication. the most enoyable was helping member get the medication at a cheapr price.
Great introduction into the Pharmacy Benefit Management Industry
Member Services Specialist Lead (Current Employee), Omaha, NEMarch 5, 2015
Looking for a high pace work environment Prime Therapeutics is a great transition. Prime is member focused and believes in helping members get the medicine they need to live better and fell well.
Good benefits, no training
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: No professional development
The benefits at Prime are great. The investment in employees is not. There is no training and management plays favorites.
Relaxed and productive place to work.
Government Programs Research Specialist (Current Employee), Omaha NeFebruary 11, 2015
Resolved Medicare related grievances in the allotted government issued time frames
Cultivated and maintained a positive working relationship with clients Blue Cross Blue Shield
Assisted in team onsite field audits of 3 Managed Care and Prescription Drug Plans over a 12-month involving verification of Part D claims, reviewing adequacy of sponsor controls, reviewing and confirming Part D pharmacy rebates.
Worked closely with internal and external departments to resolve grievance related issues in time sensitive situations.

In my current job I was allowed to really hone in on my researching communication and writing skills.

The hardest part of the job understanding the need of the member that my not always be prominently displayed. Whether that be because they do not know how to explain their concern, or don’t know what their real concern is.

Resolving the member’s concern.
A great place to work with possible good benefits
Pharmacist (Former Employee), Bloomington, MNFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: good hours and nice co-workers
Cons: no guarantee on length of employment
I was hired as a temporary pharmacist in the prior authorization department through Aerotek. The job was challenging and enjoyable and very fast-paced. The training was thorough and the work environment very comfortable. Having had worked retail pharmacy all my years prior to the job it was quite different yet educational for me to see the PBM side of pharmacy which I had not experienced before. I found it hard to actually get hired by Prime Therapeutics as they used a lot of temporary employees when very busy and once they got caught up the temporary people would get laid off.

I have absolutely no regrets having worked there and just wished I could have worked longer and learned more.
Productive very fast paced place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJanuary 24, 2015
Would recommend this company .Mail order pharmacy located in Albuquerque. Very fast paced place to work.
Productive and fun work place
Clinical Review Assistant (Contract employee) (Current Employee), Edina, MNJanuary 23, 2015
Good management and great workers. The workers are fun, cooperative and responsible.
Great company to work for.
Member Services Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXJanuary 4, 2015
While I've worked at this establishment I've learned a lot of things that I can take with me everywhere in the field of my choice. My main tasks while assisting members consist of Prior Authorization assistance, refilling medications, technical assist., Prescription benefits assistance. I enjoy seeing my co-workers on the daily bases. Having people around you that have some of the same goals and possible worries as you do, make things a lot easier to manage and control. The hardest part of my job is the sad stories I endure on the daily bases. A members insurance may reject for them to have a particular medication, and we can't always over turn a denial. The most enjoyable and/or rewarding is the complete opposite of the denial of medications. There are many success stories with this company and being able to go through the day knowing you actually helped someone feel better and live well.
Prooductive wrok place
Phamacy Support (Current Employee), Irving, TXDecember 12, 2014
Take inbound calls from doctor office, Correcting incomplete faxes from doctor office. Manage current information in patient profiles.

What I have learned on my job is to work at a fast pace.

Hardest part of my job is not been able to help someone when the doctor office has not call in a prescriptions.

Working with my team members
Great Work Environment
Outreach Specialist (Current Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 9, 2014
Pros: set schedule, peoople
Prime Therauetics is by far one of the best places I have worked since I have taken my job path. The people are great, the management is great and overal I really enjoy working here!
N/A
Manager End User Services (Former Employee), Eagan, MNDecember 5, 2014
Poor IT culture, way too much time wasted on presentations vs. actual life cycle management of technology. No respect or concern for user experience.
Very competitive atmosphere
Staff Pharmacist (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 18, 2014
Pros: fresh fruit every wednesday, fully stocked break room
Cons: management turnover
I would not recommend this working environment to an individual who is not "thick skinned". Most of your day will be spent in prescription review at your desk, there are 2 hour rotations which may give you an opportunity to go to the pharmacy floor.
Bad Mailorder Pharmacy Experience
Counseling Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Irving, TXNovember 10, 2014
Pros: i was receiving a paycheck
Cons: too many to name
All the hard work you have to put in is definitely not worth the horrible compensation! They got a new CEO while I was there and things went from bad to worse and it felt like a prison. They micromanaged the mess out of everyone! My supervisor asked me why I wasn't on the phones when I was about to walk in the restroom (clearly I had to use the restroom). I always had great attendance, worked OT & helped other departments and was still treated like a robot instead of a human being. My daughter was diagnosed with the Swine Flu, I was calling in and the only thing they asked was if I had somebody who could watch her while I came to work. The weather was going to get really bad and the streets were going to ice over and they wouldn't let anyone leave early without getting written up (and i had a wreck that night on the ice)! I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to work there. I know people that are still there and they say nothing has changed!
Good job experience. Will look good for future jobs.
Member Service Agent (Current Employee), Irving, TXNovember 6, 2014
Pros: good job experiance and lots to learn
Cons: rude and unfriendly management, short lunches, unequal pay and not a harassment free workplace. do not protect woman from harassment.
A normal day at work is very busy with helping pharmacies with claim processing, checking or working on Prior Authorizations, helping members with benefit questions or just helping someone refill their medications. I learned alot about insurance and the pharmacy industry as well as the healthcare industry. I am leaving this company to try to pursue something closer to my career goals and to expand my knowledge. The most difficult part of the job is when the customer is irate or upset and start to talk down to you or start to curse. Condescending language is common among customers and sometimes management. My coworkers are friendly and very willing to socialize with one another when allowed. (only on breaks and lunches or outside of work.) Management does not encourage socialization in the workplace often leading to an unhappy work environment and unsatisfied workers. I most enjoy making someone smile if they're having a bad day or going the extra mile to make a difference in a customer's life. As said before, looks good on your resume but you will get harassed and management will not have your back.
A Great Company to work for
Java/J2EE Developer (Current Employee), MNNovember 6, 2014
Its been a privilege to work for Prime. Team Members are superb and friendly.
Working with customers to resolvce their issue in one call with empathy, concern, and professional
Resolution Expert (Current Employee), Irving TxOctober 29, 2014
Truely enjoy helping people get an understanding of the plan, commercial or medicare. Specialize in home delivery and pharmacy help desk. Love to be speaking to a caller and after explaining the resolution and what to do in the future, hearing the silent sigh of refief in their voice.

About Prime Therapeutics

Prime Therapeutics (Prime) is a thought leader in pharmacy benefit management. We help clients make smart health care management – Read more

Prime Therapeutics Salaries