Prime Time Party Rental is seeking an individual to supervise our Linen Department.
Some IMPORTANT duties include: Supervising the activities of a staff of up to 15, maintaining all inventory from the department, ensuring that orders are pulled and ready to be loaded for delivery, and processing all items upon return. The successful candidate MUST be able to create, define and implement all processes necessary to run the department at full efficiency. We are looking for a self motivated, organized individual!
Position Title: Laundry Facilities Supervisor
Position Tasks & Activities:
- Coordinate duties and activities of linen personnel and observe day-to-day operations and special projects. Assist staff with various problems throughout the day.
- Schedule daily delegation of workload.
- Review staffing needs.
- Hire and terminate staff.
- Train new hires.
- Makes sure linen personnel times for payroll are correct.
- Conduct employee reviews.
- Supervise washing of linens as specified by manufacturer and company policy.
- Oversee that linens are cleaned, wrapped, packaged and restocked per company procedure.
- Upholds the quality control standards of the company.
- Oversee all safety regulations and policies are followed.
- Oversee the delivery and in-house returns.
- Coordinate preventative maintenance schedule with General Manager. May contact manufacturer for recommendations.
- Inventory sales merchandise and place order when merchandise levels are low.
- Implement preventative maintenance schedule.
- When laundry equipment breaks, notify General Manager.
- Report safety violations to Director of Operations.
- Communicate department recommendations for improvement to upper management.
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business.
- Network with other industry professionals.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form.
- Comply with government safety requirements and other regulations and security in store.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Nature of the Work:
To supervise and assist with the work of the linen department staff. There is a high degree of lifting and a significant degree of standing, walking, bending and transporting objects of various weights and dimensions. Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
Most work will be indoors with general warehouse conditions, in which some work areas may not be heated or air conditioned. Exposure to above average temperatures is prevalent. The typical tools (hampers, dollies, racks, etc.) can be considered hazards. Most mechanical equipment used (flatwork ironers, laundry machines) are electrical and may be gas fired. The exposure to moving belts is continuous in the ironing function. There is exposure to detergents, bleaches and cleaning chemicals.
Education, Skills & Requirements:
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent GED is preferred but no required.
- Must have at least two years experience with a laundry facility.
- Must have at least three years management experience.
- Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance.
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems.
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided.
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen.
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record.
- Must have a full range of motion and dexterity.
- Must be able to provide, understand and complete instructions furnished in written and/or oral form.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
- Must be able to maintain a high degree of patience and offer constructive criticism when necessary.
Reports to: General Manager
This company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally recognized basis including, but not limited to: veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, physical or mental disability and/or age.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.