Prime Employee Reviews

A great start to making renewable energy a real market.
Senior Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  New Milford, CTJuly 19, 2016
A day in and day out interface with the utility companies and their applications and design standards. Also, to be a part of sustainable electrical designs and consulting work with an EPC company, was valuable, including working with the investment side of the business and generating PPAs to realize the energy payback. I managed a small staff of Electrical Designers and CADD Technicians and learned that the team effort is the most important than ever factor, at reaching goals, on-time and in budget design deliverables. The hardest part of my job was not being privy to the time sensitive investor side of the deliverables. The most enjoyable part was a 7-1/2 minute commute to work, allowing me to be available for my three children and their busy school and extracurricular activities.
Pros
flextime
Cons
business plan
Great on site activities and such as gym, bball court, etc...
Logistician/Broker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 18, 2016
Great company, great long term career path, and on site options such as basketball court, gym, salon, massage therapy, and restaurant. Horrible training, hands off managers, and very little accountability for long term employees. You make a decent wage but you work a lot of hours and deal with a lot of stress, but this also heavily depends on the department your in. Overall, would definitely recommend but certainly not for everyone. Lots of time on the phone!
Solid starter company for anyone looking to get their cdl.
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 30, 2016
I overall like working for prime and i think it is a great company. The process you go through to get your cdl is simple yet effective. Prime works hard to make sure their drivers are happy and works even harder to make sure the students get their cdl. Ive learned alot about trucking while here at prime. the only reason i wont work here forever is simply i dont want to live the over the road life forever.
Every day is different.
OTR Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 26, 2016
Typical day consist of trying to make appt. on time, and even when you do arrive on time you have to wait for the shipper to decide when he will load you, and he knows you are on the clock and only have so many hours. So the best way to handle it is to arrive early and shut down, so you can be in a position where you don't have to worry about your hours.
Pros
Chance to see the US.
Cons
Dealing with people who do not care if you make money or not.
over the road tractor-trailer driver
Over the Road Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 10, 2016
Great company to work for! only regret is i no longer work for them, but was treated fairly by manager staff always. only wish maintaining equipment would be better from third party industries and company techs had better resolve with those third party industry problems.
Pros
good equipment
Cons
bad maintenance resolve
Great atmosphere
Over the Road Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 16, 2016
The owner has taken into consideration drivers need for health, relaxation we have theather, showers, sauna, salon, basketball court at our disposal
Family atmosphere, learned a lot about managing time.Driving nights in areas not familiar with is the hardest part for me.
Meeting new people, new drivers.
Pros
Salon. massage, theater available to employees
Cons
drivig nights, sitting waitig for loads
Hard work but very rewarding.
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  OTRJuly 27, 2016
I was a lease operator in their fleet, and I have to say it was very challenging. The money was absolutely fantastic, but I never got home. Their dispatchers work really hard though, and it's so friendly. Feels very much like being part of a big family. I recommend this company over any other OTR companies out there, honestly.
Great company over all.
Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 24, 2016
In my opinion this is a solid company to work for. My Fleet Manager was constantly focused on keeping me moving so we could make money. Great equipment to work with. Only reasons I left was lack of home time and lack of physical labor.
Pros
Good money. Excellent Fleet Manager.
Cons
Little home time. Lack of physical labor.
Pick up and drop off loads in a timely and safely manner
Professional Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 6, 2016
A typical day is spent in truck traveling from the shipper to the customer. Prime is definitely a safety first company. Management for the most part seems to care about their employees.
Pros
The ability to get paid while seeing America.
Cons
Time away from kids
pretty good training program and state of the art facility
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJuly 8, 2016
very fast paced and strict deadlines that need to be met. fleet managers are somewhat understanding when it comes to loads being delayed dued to weather conditions.
Pros
great food
Cons
miss inform on rehiring and not give an explanation
Too much time from family
Flatbed Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 25, 2016
Pretty good pay but be ready to have a very solo life on the road. Takes a special type of person to be alone so much. Job security for sure. There is a really big need for truckers.
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
Too much time away from home.
Too long away from home
Driver (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 13, 2016
It was a great learning experience and very constructive job. I learned a trade that could lead to other opportunity. The driving was very easy to grasp and living in the truck was different but not hard.
Excellent opportunity to get my CDL class
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  MissouriSeptember 23, 2016
Company bring me an excellent opportunity to get my Class A license. Company base is in Missouri, my family lives in Florida.
Pros
Excellent training
Cons
Salary, benefits, far from home
Enjoyable
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 6, 2016
Wish this place never got shut down, owners were great people, took care of all employees played by the book, made sure we were always in a good place. Checked in on everyone frequently
good place to work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOJune 23, 2016
my first trainer wasn't the best, but after the second one i was much more comfortable with driving. I enjoyed my job, and my dispatcher always kept me moving.the best part was seeing the country and of course the worst was being away from family.
One of the Best
Driver (Former Employee) –  Cross CountryJuly 27, 2016
My experience working for Prime Inc was one of the best experiences I have ever had. The only reason why I left was because I moved to Puerto Rico. If that wouldn't have been the case, I would still be working for them.
For experience drivers unless your a student of prime
Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittston, PAAugust 30, 2016
Not for me. Came in low experience and they sweet talked me into leasing no money for me. But nice people and keep you moving. Would recommend though to anyone
Not fun
Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOSeptember 23, 2016
Not a mature place to work. Very political and there is no sense of management with that company. I would not recommend it for anyone nor would they ever be able to pay me enough to go back.
Great enviorment
Driver/ TRAINER/ CDL INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 29, 2016
Good people that care about you. The driver amminitys are top notch and there is a real family atmosphire there. Management and sales realy work to make you a suecess.
was a great place to work
Owner/Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2016
i worked for Prime inc for a total of over 17 years, 15 years straight, enjoyed it, and was well paid. but then had 2 accidents 18 months apart (not at fault) and was terminated.