Primedia Employee Reviews

ad consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJanuary 8, 2018
I learned how to build a good working relationship with clients and how to verify exactly what their expectations were for the ad they were placing in our news letter.
Pros
free to manage our time and appointments
Cons
non
Excellent benefits
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CANovember 27, 2017
Management was superb, fair and always watched out for their employees. Fast paced especially when upper management visits from the corporate office. Fun place to work because of various events that are mostly out of town.
Pros
Lots of free goodies from different clients
Cons
A little bit of company politics
The typical atmoshere at the radion station was fun and also hard work, preparing the scripting the news stories.
Journalist and News Anchor (Former Employee) –  Hyde ParkJune 13, 2017
I learned to become effective and work optimally and learn as much as I could. The work culture was enjoyable and pleasant. It was hectic most of the days as some shifts start at 05h00 in the morning.
Pros
received sponsorships
promobile.glomobile.community events and instore
cashier.cleaner (Former Employee) –  pretoriaJanuary 9, 2017
Gread to be part of primedia f2f family .they treat people with love joy and care .we were all welcomed until the company closed.it was the best
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
An enjoyable experience over a short time at Primedia
Executive Assistant to CEO (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2016
I went with the CEO of Primedia, to TRget Media to TiVo throughout a 13 year span, so the experience it provided was both enjoyable and enabled me to expand my career.
Company no longer in business
Color/ Print QC supervisor (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAAugust 15, 2016
Company no longer in business, This company restructured and liquidated. The rest of this is only to finish the demands of this system
Structured and well managed
Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 31, 2015
Company was OK, They allowed YOH staffing and a few other agencies to employee way to many designers. Out of 35 part time designers only one was hired. The person hired wasn't necessarily the best or most proficienct worker. She was pretty much hired for being attractive. In fact majority of the women hired there that were full time were all very attractive, and not any more productive than the poor contracted designers deserving of full time work.
Pros
Would have been a boring full time job for a creative designer.
Cons
Staffing contract employed way to many people.
Good company, great benefits, bad cutbacks
Market Art Director (Former Employee) –  NashvilleApril 23, 2015
Primedia was a nice place to work until they hired a new ceo to make the company more profitable to sell. then benefits got squeezed, people got cut, then offices got cut. Not sure it's really a good company anymore.
Pros
Benefits, work enviroment, coworkers
Cons
they shut everything down
horriable
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  harrisburg,paMay 29, 2014
they have gone out of business. Mean people to work with. the hardest part of this job was the people you work with
Work ethic is recognized by management
Accounting Clerk-Consulting (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 29, 2014
I enjoyed this company for the brief time I spent there as a temp. They recognized my full potential and wanted to find a permanent position there for me, only I had to move back up north. I should have stayed and taken the job. Its a great company to work for. They are a no nonsense type of business which is great and they have the ability to recognize when someone has great work ethics and compensate accordingly. Management places folks where they belong and cultivate their qualities.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
low salary
great environment
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
staff and management were friendly and the job was really fun especially if you were fast and efficient worker
great experience
Photoshop Expert (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 4, 2013
Retouch images to upload them to the website. Part of a team of three people in charge of special projects to meet the needs of certain
customers. Attend to daily meetings.
RentPath(formerly known as Primedia)
Director (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 1, 2013
Is a great place to work. They offer opportunity for growth and advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my team, our advertisers and senior management. I also enjoyed seeing employees under my direct supervision grow and move up within the company. I am a firm believer in promoting from within and identifying (hidden) talent. One of my mentors taught me that "you are always practicing for your next job." I firmly believe that.
Pros
Competitive comp package and the 401k plan was outstanding
Cons
Benefits are extremely expensive (medical, vision, dental). Additionally, depending on your role, most of the time the job demanded long work days, 10-12 hrs. Times like this is when you can't find the right balance between work and personal life.
Fun and productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 23, 2013
Do not depend on this job for security, it is promising but all the dreams are crushed when they are ready to terminate you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no job security, management is not that good.
Fun workplace with lots of benefits
Manager, Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
I worked out of the Corp HQ when they were in midtown NY.
Gained skills in Treasury.
Good management.
Pros
Great benefits and location
Cons
Company was being sold
Nice and stable place to work
Senior Manufacturing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAOctober 14, 2013
Preparation of annual manufacturing Budget and forecast of 53 Primedia titles.
Prepare various contract analyses vs. different bids to assure the company gets the best deal possible.
Responsible for Special Unit Pricing for all titles. Analyze Cost of Good Sold for efficiencies and in-efficiencies vs. Budget.
Plan and maintain paper inventory tracking.
Pros
Cons
upward mobility
Management Sucks
Ad Ops Coordinator/Freelance Editor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 11, 2013
Management was a click and they didn't let anyone in. My manager hated me and did everything to get rid of me and make sure I could never come back. jealousy. I loved all my co-workers and the company overall was great to work for.
Okay but not a good chance at advancement
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJune 4, 2013
Calling on your territory to generate new business. You also will maintain existing accounts by accessing their needs. Your overall goal is to grow your territory a certain percentage every month.

Pros
Staff is friendly, Great Health Benefits, Cell Phone Service Discount
Cons
Sales quotas are unrealistic, Unorganized Office, Management not competent, Training program is horriable and not consistant
Divisional Sales Manager
Divisional Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2013
Primedia was a diversified publisher with category leading, niche publications. Opportunities to grow sales were plentiful and success stories were/sales growth were well rewarded.
Primedia is a great place to grow and learn.
Regional Account Executive/AGRA Liason (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 8, 2013
This company has been around for a long time. I enjoyed consulting with clients, my days tend to go pretty quick. It is by no means an easy job, but it's super fun and exciting. My co-workers were great, management tends to be fickle, in a sales position you are the favorite as long as your on top...Otherwise you tend to go unnoticed.
My favorite thing about working here is that I manage my own time, and find my own clients.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
you can get fired while out on a legitimate medical leave.