Primedia

Primedia Employer Reviews

great experience
Photoshop Expert (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 4, 2013
Retouch images to upload them to the website. Part of a team of three people in charge of special projects to meet the needs of certain
customers. Attend to daily meetings.
RentPath(formerly known as Primedia)
Director (Former Employee), Norcross, GADecember 1, 2013
Pros: competitive comp package and the 401k plan was outstanding
Cons: benefits are extremely expensive (medical, vision, dental). additionally, depending on your role, most of the time the job demanded long work days, 10-12 hrs. times like this is when you can't find the right balance between work and personal life.
Is a great place to work. They offer opportunity for growth and advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my team, our advertisers and senior management. I also enjoyed seeing employees under my direct supervision grow and move up within the company. I am a firm believer in promoting from within and identifying (hidden) talent. – more... One of my mentors taught me that "you are always practicing for your next job." I firmly believe that. – less
Fun and productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Norcross, GAOctober 23, 2013
Pros: good pay
Cons: no job security, management is not that good.
Do not depend on this job for security, it is promising but all the dreams are crushed when they are ready to terminate you.
Fun workplace with lots of benefits
Manager, Corporate Finance (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits and location
Cons: company was being sold
I worked out of the Corp HQ when they were in midtown NY.
Gained skills in Treasury.
Good management.
Nice and stable place to work
Senior Manufacturing Analyst (Former Employee), Placentia, CAOctober 14, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: upward mobility
Preparation of annual manufacturing Budget and forecast of 53 Primedia titles.
Prepare various contract analyses vs. different bids to assure the company gets the best deal possible.
Responsible for Special Unit Pricing for all titles. Analyze Cost of Good Sold for efficiencies and in-efficiencies vs. Budget.
Plan and maintain paper inventory tracking.
Management Sucks
Ad Ops Coordinator/Freelance Editor (Former Employee), Anaheim, CAJuly 11, 2013
Management was a click and they didn't let anyone in. My manager hated me and did everything to get rid of me and make sure I could never come back. jealousy. I loved all my co-workers and the company overall was great to work for.
Divisional Sales Manager
Divisional Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 29, 2013
Primedia was a diversified publisher with category leading, niche publications. Opportunities to grow sales were plentiful and success stories were/sales growth were well rewarded.
Primedia is a great place to grow and learn.
Regional Account Executive/AGRA Liason (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 8, 2013
Pros: great working environment
Cons: you can get fired while out on a legitimate medical leave.
This company has been around for a long time. I enjoyed consulting with clients, my days tend to go pretty quick. It is by no means an easy job, but it's super fun and exciting. My co-workers were great, management tends to be fickle, in a sales position you are the favorite as long as your on top...Otherwise you tend to go unnoticed.
My favorite thing – more... about working here is that I manage my own time, and find my own clients. – less
N/A
Collect Specialist/Customer Service (Current Employee), Norcross, GAApril 1, 2013
• Responsible for working with Credit Manager and other departments to reconcile and collect due accounts.
• Enroll in our e-commerce program. Help Suppliers upload product data for online catalogs.
• Read and understand contracts as associated with particular accounts
• Research and analyze accounts to determine correct action on accounts
• Reconcile – more... accounts for payment and invoices inaccuracies
• Call customers and discuss issues surrounding past due amounts
• Collect and close accounts rapidly reducing past due portfolio
• Meet set goals on provided portfolio – less
Great place for experience.
Creative Operations Specialist II (Former Employee), Norcross, GAMarch 11, 2013
Great place for experience. Enjoyed time spent there and people I met along the way.
Overall it is a great company
Sales Executive (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXFebruary 25, 2013
I would say that Primedia is a gret company, but the industry is very tough to break into.
Very Talented People, Too much politics
SEO Manager (Former Employee), Norcross, GAJanuary 3, 2013
Primedia is a very good company in many regards. There are very talented and excellent people. However, there is too much politics going on constantly and a cya environment from mid-level management.
Mail Clerk
Mail Clerk (Former Employee), Harrisburg, PANovember 19, 2012
Pros: i like the fact that it was frequent multi-tasking
Cons: it was temporry
Seal or open envelopes, by hand or by using machines.
Affix postage to packages or letters by hand, or stamp materials, using postage meters.
Place incoming or outgoing letters or packages into sacks or bins based on destination or type, and place identifying tags on sacks or bins.
Sort and route incoming mail, and collect outgoing mail, using carts – more... as necessary.
Weigh packages or letters to determine postage needed, using weighing scales and rate charts.
Sealed or open envelopes, using machines. Affisxed postage to packages or letters, or stamp materials, using postage meters. Sorted and routed incoming mail, and collected outgoing mail, using carts as necessary. – less
Great atmosphere with great challenges
Proofreader/Copy Editor (Former Employee), Norcross, Ga.September 17, 2012
I proofed in any given month over 500 ads going out to print. I proofed them for grammar and format mistakes. I also proofed print ads that were uploaded on a client's website.

I learned a great deal while employed at Primedia. How to respond favorably in crunch time, how to manage my time and still get my work done, and I learned so much about our – more... format standards and writing sample ads for markets. – less
Productive workplace
Graphic Artist (Current Employee), Norcross, GAMay 2, 2012
Working at this company has been great and the people I've worked with are wonderful.
Productive workplace that emphasized high accountability and strong business ethics and integrity.
Director of Talent Acquisition & Development (Former Employee), Norcross, GAApril 30, 2012
A typical day of work in my position involved sourcing and interviewing candidates to secure best in class talent in various positions for the company. My department managed the full life cycle of the recruiting and hiring process for all of the open positions in the company, with a focus on sales and sales management positions.

I also spent considerable – more... time developing course content for company training programs and managing the MIT (Manager-In-Training) Program. Managing the MIT Program was the most enjoyable part of the job for me. I am passionate about staff development and have enjoyed working closely with sales representatives and sales managers to help them improve their skills.

The hardest part of the job was reducing the time to fill for certain positions. The final interviews and decisions were made by hiring managers. My department vetted candidates and presented them to hiring managers for interviews and evaluation. – less
good company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2012
good company overall as a leader in the ILS apartment industry it is poised to become come out on top in this fragmented industry.
Great place to work.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee), New York, NYMarch 22, 2012
Pros: meet celebrities
Cons: move to texas
Accounts payable for Seventeen Magazine, and New York Magazine. Met some celebrities.
Great Company undergoing a lot of change!
Consultant (Former Employee), AtlantaMarch 6, 2012
The company is undergoing a lot of change as it hopes to emerge as a stand alone leader in the apartment listing industry.
Primedia used to be a Great Company to work for.
Operations & Development Manager (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPSeptember 23, 2013
Pros: great training arena and able to learn a lot.
Cons: little family time as long hours and extensive travel was involved.
A typical day at work was generally enjoyable due to the people that are employed at this company. The work itself was challenging and eventful. I learned a lot from the experience I obtained at PRIMEDIA specifically in the operations and development field where I found myself after running a PRIMEDIA company in Zimbabwe for 7 years. The management – more... of PRIMEDIA should become closer to the employees as one of the values is 'People', however there is little respect for the 'people' at PRIMEDIA. Co workers are generally great people. The hardest part of the job was dealing with incompetent people from a supplier perspective as well as within the company - in certain instances. The most enjoyable part of the job was being allowed to manage situations / projects without too much interference from executive level employees. – less