Primedia Employee Reviews

promobile.glomobile.community events and instore
cashier.cleaner (Former Employee) –  pretoriaJanuary 9, 2017
Gread to be part of primedia f2f family .they treat people with love joy and care .we were all welcomed until the company closed.it was the best
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
RentPath(formerly known as Primedia)
Director (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GADecember 1, 2013
Is a great place to work. They offer opportunity for growth and advancement. The most enjoyable part of my job was interacting with my team, our advertisers and senior management. I also enjoyed seeing employees under my direct supervision grow and move up within the company. I am a firm believer in promoting from within and identifying (hidden) talent. One of my mentors taught me that "you are always practicing for your next job." I firmly believe that.
Pros
Competitive comp package and the 401k plan was outstanding
Cons
Benefits are extremely expensive (medical, vision, dental). Additionally, depending on your role, most of the time the job demanded long work days, 10-12 hrs. Times like this is when you can't find the right balance between work and personal life.
Company no longer in business
Color/ Print QC supervisor (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAAugust 15, 2016
Company no longer in business, This company restructured and liquidated. The rest of this is only to finish the demands of this system
Work ethic is recognized by management
Accounting Clerk-Consulting (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 29, 2014
I enjoyed this company for the brief time I spent there as a temp. They recognized my full potential and wanted to find a permanent position there for me, only I had to move back up north. I should have stayed and taken the job. Its a great company to work for. They are a no nonsense type of business which is great and they have the ability to recognize when someone has great work ethics and compensate accordingly. Management places folks where they belong and cultivate their qualities.
Pros
Understanding management
Cons
low salary
Primedia is a great place to grow and learn.
Regional Account Executive/AGRA Liason (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 8, 2013
This company has been around for a long time. I enjoyed consulting with clients, my days tend to go pretty quick. It is by no means an easy job, but it's super fun and exciting. My co-workers were great, management tends to be fickle, in a sales position you are the favorite as long as your on top...Otherwise you tend to go unnoticed.
My favorite thing about working here is that I manage my own time, and find my own clients.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
you can get fired while out on a legitimate medical leave.
Good company, great benefits, bad cutbacks
Market Art Director (Former Employee) –  NashvilleApril 23, 2015
Primedia was a nice place to work until they hired a new ceo to make the company more profitable to sell. then benefits got squeezed, people got cut, then offices got cut. Not sure it's really a good company anymore.
Pros
Benefits, work enviroment, coworkers
Cons
they shut everything down
Fun and productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAOctober 23, 2013
Do not depend on this job for security, it is promising but all the dreams are crushed when they are ready to terminate you.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no job security, management is not that good.
Very Talented People, Too much politics
SEO Manager (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAJanuary 3, 2013
Primedia is a very good company in many regards. There are very talented and excellent people. However, there is too much politics going on constantly and a cya environment from mid-level management.
Productive workplace that emphasized high accountability and strong business ethics and integrity.
Director of Talent Acquisition & Development (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 30, 2012
A typical day of work in my position involved sourcing and interviewing candidates to secure best in class talent in various positions for the company. My department managed the full life cycle of the recruiting and hiring process for all of the open positions in the company, with a focus on sales and sales management positions.

I also spent considerable time developing course content for company training programs and managing the MIT (Manager-In-Training) Program. Managing the MIT Program was the most enjoyable part of the job for me. I am passionate about staff development and have enjoyed working closely with sales representatives and sales managers to help them improve their skills.

The hardest part of the job was reducing the time to fill for certain positions. The final interviews and decisions were made by hiring managers. My department vetted candidates and presented them to hiring managers for interviews and evaluation.
Fun workplace with lots of benefits
Manager, Corporate Finance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 22, 2013
I worked out of the Corp HQ when they were in midtown NY.
Gained skills in Treasury.
Good management.
Pros
Great benefits and location
Cons
Company was being sold
Structured and well managed
Junior Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 31, 2015
Company was OK, They allowed YOH staffing and a few other agencies to employee way to many designers. Out of 35 part time designers only one was hired. The person hired wasn't necessarily the best or most proficienct worker. She was pretty much hired for being attractive. In fact majority of the women hired there that were full time were all very attractive, and not any more productive than the poor contracted designers deserving of full time work.
Pros
Would have been a boring full time job for a creative designer.
Cons
Staffing contract employed way to many people.
Mail Clerk
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PANovember 19, 2012
Seal or open envelopes, by hand or by using machines.
Affix postage to packages or letters by hand, or stamp materials, using postage meters.
Place incoming or outgoing letters or packages into sacks or bins based on destination or type, and place identifying tags on sacks or bins.
Sort and route incoming mail, and collect outgoing mail, using carts as necessary.
Weigh packages or letters to determine postage needed, using weighing scales and rate charts.
Sealed or open envelopes, using machines. Affisxed postage to packages or letters, or stamp materials, using postage meters. Sorted and routed incoming mail, and collected outgoing mail, using carts as necessary.
Pros
i like the fact that it was frequent multi-tasking
Cons
it was temporry
Management Sucks
Ad Ops Coordinator/Freelance Editor (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 11, 2013
Management was a click and they didn't let anyone in. My manager hated me and did everything to get rid of me and make sure I could never come back. jealousy. I loved all my co-workers and the company overall was great to work for.
N/a
Collect Specialist/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 1, 2013
• Responsible for working with Credit Manager and other departments to reconcile and collect due accounts.
• Enroll in our e-commerce program. Help Suppliers upload product data for online catalogs.
• Read and understand contracts as associated with particular accounts
• Research and analyze accounts to determine correct action on accounts
• Reconcile accounts for payment and invoices inaccuracies
• Call customers and discuss issues surrounding past due amounts
• Collect and close accounts rapidly reducing past due portfolio
• Meet set goals on provided portfolio
great environment
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 28, 2014
staff and management were friendly and the job was really fun especially if you were fast and efficient worker
Great atmosphere with great challenges
Proofreader/Copy Editor (Former Employee) –  Norcross, Ga.September 17, 2012
I proofed in any given month over 500 ads going out to print. I proofed them for grammar and format mistakes. I also proofed print ads that were uploaded on a client's website.

I learned a great deal while employed at Primedia. How to respond favorably in crunch time, how to manage my time and still get my work done, and I learned so much about our format standards and writing sample ads for markets.
Nice and stable place to work
Senior Manufacturing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Placentia, CAOctober 14, 2013
Preparation of annual manufacturing Budget and forecast of 53 Primedia titles.
Prepare various contract analyses vs. different bids to assure the company gets the best deal possible.
Responsible for Special Unit Pricing for all titles. Analyze Cost of Good Sold for efficiencies and in-efficiencies vs. Budget.
Plan and maintain paper inventory tracking.
Pros
Cons
upward mobility
Great Company undergoing a lot of change!
Consultant (Former Employee) –  AtlantaMarch 6, 2012
The company is undergoing a lot of change as it hopes to emerge as a stand alone leader in the apartment listing industry.
Divisional Sales Manager
Divisional Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 29, 2013
Primedia was a diversified publisher with category leading, niche publications. Opportunities to grow sales were plentiful and success stories were/sales growth were well rewarded.
good company
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2012
good company overall as a leader in the ILS apartment industry it is poised to become come out on top in this fragmented industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primedia. Our community is ready to answer.