Primerica Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,096 reviews matching the search
A good place to work
Life Term Insurance Salesman (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 22, 2016
The work was well past. All the co-workers were friendly. A lot of good benefits are offered through the company. The work is exciting.
Pros
A good place to work
Cons
No cons
Great place to work for flexable work schedule
Independent Agent (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 22, 2016
If you are looking to be your own boss and have a flexible work schedule this would be a great place for you. You have to be willing to devote a good portion of your time to building your business before you will be able to take much time off. This business is all commission only so be aware of that prior to starting. However, the company is a very good one to work for. They reward their employees with trips and bonuses.
Pros
Good company, good benefits
Cons
Hard work to start up business and commission only
All cold calling and warm market
Regional Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 15, 2016
Keep in mind that basically you are starting a business for yourself and have to front the costs of such...materials, phone, licenses, etc.

If you have a large warm market to sell to you can do alright. But the
"numbers" they claim are inaccurate regarding cold calling and nobody I know came anywhere close to what they claimed you would (not could) do if you work the numbers - unless they had a warm market. I had done well in a different type of phone sales prior to Primerica so I have the skills for that...the numbers just didn't exist like they said.

Too bad because the products and services are good and I still am a client though no longer a rep.
Pros
Your own boss
Cons
Won't make money unless you have warm market
Not what I thought
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 14, 2016
Was told I would have a permanent position. But ended up knowing it was a pyramid scheme. I had to pay so I can get a license.
Great sales team.
Senior Rep (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 14, 2016
Primerica is a great organization that has much potential for enthusiastic salesmen. highly recommend. There are great leaders and workers who will motivate one another.
Primerica
Insurance Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 10, 2016
I don't know if this company exists anymore after the 2008 economic downturn. I didn't get enough support to be a success in my position at this company.
Good company
Asset Manager (Current Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJuly 10, 2016
Primerica is a good company that focuses on helping main street families. The office us fun and all the people are friendly.
Independent Business Owner
Financial Coach (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 8, 2016
Primerica is a great company to work for. You are not a w-4 employee, you are actually a 1099 contractor; furthermore, you can keep your current work schedule and work around it however you'd like. I joined Primerica not knowing anything about finances and insurances, and from the year I've been a part of this great company I am able to defend myself when it comes to someone selling me something I do not need. It's a great hands on learning experience for anyone who likes to learn and help people. The thing I love about this company is that I am able to help someone else. I can leave an appointment knowing I did something good, which was teach a family about saving for their future and being properly protected. I would definitely recommend anyone to give it a chance. Not only that, but the company pays for your state licenses. You are able to attend classes and take the test to become state licensed to work with life insurance, annuities, and investments.
Pros
Company pays for your licenses, get paid commission, learn about insurances and saving for retirement
Cons
no benefits
Financial
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDJuly 8, 2016
The work environment is really a wonderful place to work. It a flexible
time that you can make your own hours and days to work.
engaging and fun place to work
Telecommunications Technician (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAJuly 7, 2016
Assigned, reviewed and closed work orders. I learned how to program 3 different telephone systems and 1 phonemail system. Management was available for instruction and review of work. We were a very close department. Hardest part was getting laid off due to budget constraints. I enjoyed being able to walk around the campus and interact with all the employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits, 401k, vacation accrual
Cons
Being on call 24/7
Great Company
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 6, 2016
This is an awesome on the side job to make good part-time money. If you are interested in advancement with the company the option is available and easy to move up the ranks.
Pros
financial gain is worth it; in charge of your own schedule
Fun work environment, with a a well organized system in place
District Leader (Current Employee) –  Bethlehem, PAJuly 5, 2016
Exeptional leadership, great compensation plans, and a lot of room for advancedment. A typical day consists of coming into a friendly environment in which everyone wants to win and get ahead in life.
Pros
Unlimited Income Potential with room for advancement
Loved being my own boss and helping build a team.
Insurance sales/ Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 5, 2016
I learned so much at Primerica, Helping families get proper coverage in life insurance, help with a mortgage if it was not working for them and help with a retirement plan to secure there future.
Pros
Helping Others.
Cons
Some late nights.
It is a nail salon but an amazing place to work
Life Insurance Representative (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GA 30099July 3, 2016
Everything here was pretty much a dream job but the unfortunate part was that I had to move. The boss and the people were extremely friendly and supportive. Everyone treated each other like we were family. It was sad that i had to go.
Been with the company 18 years.
Regional Vice President (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 1, 2016
This company takes care of its employees and field reps. I've been with the company for 18 years. I've been very pleased with my experience here.
Pros
Income, Growth Opportunities
Cons
Difficulty earning consistent income with designed programs.
Financial Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAJune 30, 2016
The environment could be inspirational, motivational, while, at the same time, unprofessional.

There is nothing else I would like to say about working with Primerica.
good
Regional Leader (Former Employee) –  Bell Gardens, CAJune 30, 2016
overall this is a good place to work if you are looking forward to advancing based on your own efforts. However this is a very demanding place to work as the amount of calls, traveling, setting appointment s and time away from home are too much.
Pros
good money
Cons
you will have no life
Great company
District Leader (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CAJune 29, 2016
Great company where advancement is based on your work ethic not managerial approval. There is great office atmosphere. you get to make your own schedule, great commission and bonus incentives.
Fun and Competitive Environment
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Palmdale, CAJune 29, 2016
Primerica is an AWESOME business opportunity with unlimited room for growth. At Primerica you can always do better and you can always improve. The environment is always fun and fast-paced, as well as goal oriented. You're recognized for even the smallest things you do like closing a sale, or recruiting a new person, or even just passing the test necessary to receive your life license. The professional training that is provided is second to none in the industry and seems to almost be unlimited as their are so many successful coaches and mentors to learn from. The only thing you're required to do is show up and duplicate the actions of people who are already successful. This business is not for the lazy or negative minded, it is for the hard working optimistic individuals who aren't afraid to fight for what they want in life!
Pros
World Class Compnay Incentive Trips, Opportunity for Full Ownership of your Business, Freedom to set your own schedule, Unlimited Income Potential
For self starters
Business Owner (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAJune 28, 2016
This company has very good products and ethics and is a great company for self starters with a lot of motivation. the people you work with and the environment they provide are both great. If you have a good person to train you then success is very easy
Pros
You can make your own hours
Cons
You have no hourly pay and have to self generate