Primerica Employee Reviews

Found 1,383 reviews matching the search
head strong self starter thrive amongst awesome enviornment
district leader (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCMay 27, 2017
you must be a self starter, able to handle constructive criticism, very competitive compensation plan you will get out of primerica exactly what you put in.
Very Busy & Very Productive
Financial Advisor Trainee (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 27, 2017
Instead of having an employer tell you what you can or cannot do or when you can or cannot work or take leave, you schedule you own appointments or we like to call them kt's. The freedom is amazing but it does have its downs and it does have its its ups. The upside of Primerica is the constant inspiration and support from the office you choose to work with I work with the office in DC where we are BIG on TEAM!
Pros
The Freedom Is Amazing
Cons
The down side is you have to be self disciplined if you are not you will have a hard time.
Nights and Weekends
Personal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Libertyville, ILMay 27, 2017
good position if you do not have a family, majority of hours are nights and weekends. attending meetings on Saturday mornings aren't always convenient
Pros
make own schedule
Cons
nights and weekends are busiest
Competitive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAMay 26, 2017
My manager was really determined to help me with the learning process, which she accomplished successfully. Workplace was very competitive as well as enjoyable.
Pros
Based on your own personal time.
Cons
Testing
interesting sales phylosoph
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2017
Great developing relationships with associates from all walk of life with a verity of career backgrounds. Good learning an advanced, unique but flexible business model.
Pros
Good products
Cons
Multi lever sales not my cup of tea
Primerica is the ultimate part time
Financial Advisor (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 24, 2017
I can manage my time and determine my income based on my activity. I'm glad I decided to get involved with this company. I've learned how to manage my finances and help my family and friend to do the same.
Fun culture promoting each individual's excellence
Life Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 24, 2017
Great people to work with. Attentive management is always a plus. Enjoy the weekly meetings in order to catch up and reinvigorate one another. Plenty of opportunities to move up the ladder.
Pros
Great training and support
Cons
Travel if you don't own your own vehicle
Amazing company
Licensed Senior Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2017
great people to work with, helping families become debt free and financially independent and properly protected. prospecting and getting clients learning finance concepts to help people.
commission only - tough job
Senior Sales Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMay 23, 2017
I started at primerica for a college internship which would give me college credit. it was unpaid, and the people were always super happy and made you feel a little uncomfortable at first. The company seemed great, but the reputation is horrible. I didn't find that out until later when trying to sell products on commission only and bringing in friends who wanted nothing to do with the company. Tough sell with a company with a bad reputation.
Pros
happy environment
Cons
hard to trust people who are always that happy
Caring People you work with
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARMay 23, 2017
You must know Determination is very key
You must be Willing to learn and be moldable
Having right mindset is very important
Wanting to help people is vital
Great Opportunity!
Financial Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 22, 2017
Typical day includes meeting new people, scheduling meetings to present financial information and offer to help with a financial plan and potentially a business opportunity. Compensation depends on commitment to business and effort put into building the business.
Pros
Work own schedule
Cons
Lot of effort to start
Working with people
Financial Coach (Current Employee) –  Lake Stevens, WAMay 21, 2017
Helping family create a financial plan that includes becoming properly protected, debt free and financially independent at retirement. Providing a wide range of financial services to ensure out clients are getting the best that they deserve.
Pros
Helping People meet goals
Cons
Commission
Productive and fun
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 21, 2017
Got to learn different aspects of working in an office. Learned about financial annuities and insurance. I also got work with several innovative people.
Work at your own time
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tamuning, GUMay 20, 2017
It was an easy job, because I basically needed to come up with teams and that's how I keep getting promoted. However, If I don't make those teams, I wouldn't get paid.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Hard to make teams
Outstanding opportunities
Insurance Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Sylvania, OHMay 19, 2017
Positioning is well for greatness. The company is all
about helping, and positioning families, desiring to
gain a wealth of financial knowledge, and future finan
cial protection. This company has an unlimited ability
for future growth, and development
Pros
Above
Cons
MLM model to sell life important financial products - not good.
Personal Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 19, 2017
I don't have a problem with MLM companies - I have experience in a few.

I do have a problem with the MLM model for the purposes of selling financial products. An individuals compensation is directly tied with the selling that is done from those in their downline, so a lot of motivation is towards recruitment and a "highly abridged training" method. There is no standardization towards the way individuals are trained, and no license is required to actually do any selling. In fact one can sell and have all of the paperwork put together by a regional rep.

Overall it seems like a bad recipe. I've worked in a full commission sales structure selling financial products at a very well known wealth management firm, and the model there is better aligned with their customers.
Productive enviroment where mostly all worker are self motivatedm
Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  North Hollywood, CAMay 18, 2017
The workplace of the office is great. There is a strong winning enviroment. While working their I learned how to manage a team towards an objective, train individuals on how to communicate with leads properly wheather it be over the phone or in person, and how to self manage my own time to get the most effective results as possible for the company.
Productive and Educational Financial Services
Financial Advisor, Insurance Salesman (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAMay 18, 2017
Primerica is an excellent learning facility for learning about financial services, insurance, security investment. The company teaches you how to interact with people and build client lists.
Pros
Professional Licenses
Cons
Several Meetings Weekly
low key but no benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDMay 16, 2017
I didn't mind working here, everything was great but I didn't like how I didn't receive benefits. I believe you have to be a supervisor or a top seller to get those.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
no benefits
Educational for someone who wants to build their own business
Independent Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FL 33334May 16, 2017
A typical day at work involves talking to clients and perspective clients on the phone and in person. We set up appointments to teach people about money and offer solutions. The hardest part of the job is learning how to deal with rejection. The most enjoyable part of the job is learning and helping people with financial needs.
Pros
independence, can set own hours, educational meetings
Cons
have to work to get paid

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primerica. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2