New Private Preschool - The Primrose School of Chanhassen is now open and hiring classroom teachers.
The Primrose School of Chanhassen – the sister campus to the award-winning Primrose School of Eden Prairie - is a private preschool for Infants through Private Kindergarten students. We were the first preschool nationally and the only preschool in the state of Minnesota to be accredited by CITA (NCA-CASI), recognized as the gold standard in school evaluation. Earlier this year we upgraded our school accreditations to include the prestigious AdvanceEd accreditation as well. We are currently looking for talented teachers who will form the backbone of our teaching community – the rare experience of being there from the beginning! Our exclusive Balanced Learning Curriculum blends Child Initiated and Teacher Directed activities in an environment that brings together academics, play and character development. Music, physical education, creative arts, technology and Spanish are fundamental components of the curriculum.
Hours: Variable shifts scheduled during our hours of operation (6:30a.m. to 6:30p.m.). All positions will be full-time and year round. We do not cut hours or lay-off teachers due to enrollment.
1. Four-Year Degree in Early Childhood Education, Pre-Primary Education, Early Childhood Special Education or Elementary Education is preferred.
2. License from the MN Department of Education is preferred.
3. Previous teaching position with a public or accredited private school system is preferred.
4. Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency.
5. Ability to relate positively with young children.
6. Knowledge as a parent or in previous work experience of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children.
7. Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
1. Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a class of children.
2. Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
3. Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials.
4. Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
5. Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity, exploration and decision-making by the children.
6. Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an overview of the material taught in class.
7. Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
8. Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
9. Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom activities.
10. Maintains the Primrose Schools professional attitude and work behavior.
11. Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director.
12. Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as determined by the Director.
13. Observes all rules and regulations of Primrose Schools and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
14. Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the training manual.
1. Must meet all Primrose Schools and local, state or national basic health requirements as well as other requirements.
2. Pediatric CPR and First Aid training, as required – paid for by school.
3. SIDS/Shaken Baby Syndrome training, as required – paid for by school.
4. Must complete all necessary company employment and payroll forms.
Applicants will have a criminal investigation report completed. Employment is contingent on passing a background study.
Reporting Relationship: Staff will be part of a five member, two classroom team referred to as a POD. These team members work together as a unit to meet the needs of our students, families, and co-teachers. Mentorship and supervision of a Curriculum Coordinator is provided for continuing education of all teachers. All staff are supervised by the Director.
Reimbursement for medical insurance
Child care discount
Ongoing staff development
Paid time off
Employees are eligible for additional benefits after two years of employment
Interested candidates should visit the school website at www.PrimroseChanhassen.com for more information. Applications for employment are available online under “Careers.”
Application materials include:
Primrose application (found online)
Copy of current license (if applicable)
Transcript(s) which includes name, degree and date degree was conferred
Letters of recommendation