- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency.
- Ability to relate positively with young children.
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position with a public or private school
system, a quality preschool, child care center or church nursery is preferred.
- Certification or degree related to early childhood or preschool or elementary
education is desirable, but not mandatory.
- Knowledge as a parent or in previous work experience of the social, emotional
and creative needs of young children.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for
the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a class of
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Plans with the Director and implements the approved lesson plans and daily
classroom schedule using the Primrose School curriculum outlines and materials.
- Plans with the Director all required parent-teacher conferences and student
- Provides an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages creativity,
exploration and decision-making by the children.
- Ensures that all class bulletin boards are current and provides the parents with an
overview of the material taught in class.
- Provides the children with verbal praises and acceptance while providing clear
and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of
the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Assists and coordinates snacks, meals, nap time and bathroom activities.
- Maintains the Primrose Schools professional attitude and work behavior.
- Assists in other capacities as determined by the Director.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions as
determined by the Director.
- Observes all rules and regulations of Primrose Schools and the local, state or
national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines
offered in the training manual.
- Must meet all Primrose Schools and local, state or national basic health
requirements as well as other requirements.
- First Aid training, as required.
- Must complete all necessary company employment and payroll forms.
- In states where required, personnel will have a fingerprinting and/or criminal
investigation report completed.