Primrose School Employee Reviews

Fun and friendly work environment with children
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ashburn, VAApril 14, 2017
Nice place to work with personable coworkers. Exciting to work with each of them and being a part of their educational growth. Never a dull moment learning with the kids.
Great Curriculum and loveky children,but shady owners and management with mean coworkers.
Lead Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 11, 2017
I felt veey uncomfortable the whole time I worked at Primrose. I felt like I was not part of the team and that management had favorites. I did not feel supported by managment AT ALL.
I loved the children and the curriculum we taught, but everything else was not okay.
Pros
Nice facility, the kids
Cons
Low pay, unsupportive management, terrible benefits
All about the money!!!!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Land O' Lakes, FLApril 10, 2017
Management cares only about the money. They over pack every classroom which stresses out every teacher. They don't care about the teachers needs. No one gets out in time.
Learning and Growing
TEACHER (Former Employee) –  Castle Hills, TXApril 9, 2017
We would take care of 6-12 children under the age of 2. We'd help them learn to walk, play, read and count. Everything a young toddler would need to know. The management wasn't the best and that would be my biggest con. The children, parents and employees were the best though! I learned more patience, the joy of teaching and the happiness I received having such a huge impact on a young child's life.
Pros
the children, teaching, employees
Cons
management, pay
Owners are very caring and understanding people. Great Private Preschool with wonderful teachers!
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  Lakeville, MNMarch 27, 2017
This was a very busy private childcare facility. I learned more about the day to day operations involved in running a preschool/childcare facility. Most of the staff are females so that adds a special element to working there. Culture throughout the school is positive and upbeat and most of the staff are willing to go above and beyond to make it a wonderful place for children as well as co-workers. Hardest part of the job is to balance the daily administrative work and being available to meet the daily demands from teachers. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the smiles on children's faces, watching them grow and move from room to room and knowing that you made a difference in the life of a child.
Great school.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  League City, TXMarch 23, 2017
Working in child care can be difficult but very rewarding all at the same time. a child care facility that runs smooth is one that the staff works together to help with a child that becoming a distraction to other students. I have never regretted working for primrose. The teachers were great, the kitchen staff was great working with how many allergies we had with some students. The front staff rather spare the parents feeling about their child (which i understand as a new mom) but would not help very much with the child in the classroom. with management constantly changing their was no real rules as they were learning the parents and students, and they were just moving teachers around out of what they were trained for.
Pros
lunch time and constant schedule oh and parents!
Cons
management, staff parents
Typical day
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 22, 2017
I loved my students and my co-teacher. I really enjoy creating my own curriculum now, but having it created for me certainly was less time consuming. I liked the way that the staff was encouraged to have fun. Dress up days were frequent and fun for everyone!
Pros
trust in teachers that the work was completed
Cons
no health care
Great pay not great environment
Teachers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 19, 2017
Management had a hard time keeping employees as there was not much change to accompany employees needs or difficulties. Lesson plans, daily schedule, room set up, even where you can place child's art is all set through Primrose corporate leaving little to no room for changing things to help better the days of the children
Productive place to work
Infant and Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXMarch 17, 2017
I enjoyed my short time with primrose but my interests have led me to search for a different career at the moment. I enjoyed the work environment feel.
Private Childcare
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNMarch 13, 2017
very unprofessional management, open ended promises, favoritism. I loved the program and what Primrose taught the children but as far as that goes there was tough times.
Fun to play with kids
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 10, 2017
Anything from changing diapers, to playing outside, to assisting teachers in pre k with lessons. Lots of fun being around children all day. Was close to home
Primrose Should Improve!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXMarch 8, 2017
This is an okay place to work if you really LOVE kids! The teachers are what make the school because they are friendly and fun. Management on the other hand, could be nicer, understanding, positive, encouraging, trusting, appreciative, learn to schedule teacher shifts correctly, listen to the complaints and suggestions and NOT make teachers feel lousy or disliked for minor mistakes. Management was also controlling in general of teachers & how they manage their classroom. If you think about calling in sick they really aren't very nice about it or caring at all. The school has gone downhill after a Director left in 2013. There is much drama, gossip, stress, and I witnessed several staff talking coldly to children yelling in more than one room, teachers sneaking looking at their phones, and I witnessed a teacher using a foul word when talking to another teacher describing a childs behavior (in front of the child." There are at times not enough teachers on duty and State Ratio is what they go by over Primrose Ratio. The owners are way too very strict about curriculum, dress code, and doing everything perfect. The pay is better than minimum wage, but not enough for all the hard work you put in. Almost no planning time for teachers. Monthly meetings with free food provided. The turnover of teachers is fair unfortunately. Amenities aren't up to par either (1 staff restroom, 2 classrooms without their own sink/restroom, adjoining infant classrooms, no water fountains, broken ball carts,...) The snack and lunches for students need improvement because some is too healthy, repetitive,  more... and not the best quality. *This school needs to make improvements and listen to feedback they may not want to hear.  less
Pros
Amazing Circulum, Free Food, Building Relationships, Making A Difference In Children's Lives, Making Friends, Fun Events, and Excellent Teamwork
Cons
Low Pay, Little Benefits & Raises, No Overtime Allowed, Little Vacation Time, Stressful, Not Enough Training, Negative Management, and Understaffed
Decent for college students that want to work with children
Floater Teacher (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 6, 2017
The director is not a terrible person by any means, but is/has increasingly become disorganized; the main problem with the position. Otherwise, working with the children is fantastic (a lot of the time). The actual teachers and staff are nice and helpful (especially if you're new). The real culture of this location (not the one that the director believes exists) is fantastic and extremely welcoming. I would highly recommend a position to anyone that needs a foot in the door with child care or teaching for a related field.
Productive and fun workplace
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 3, 2017
Worked four, 10 hour shifts
Workplace culture was close and learned a lot from management the best part of my job was watching the kiddos learn and develop
Awesome Environment with flexible management
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNFebruary 27, 2017
Included in your wage you get free lunch, breakfast and snacks. Management is great and really understands that life happens. They really work with you and your schedule. The parents are great and very understanding. I love all the children. It is a constantly changing and moving environment.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Early Education
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAFebruary 27, 2017
Need to be more educational based the Location in Midtown does the location in Dunwoody was actually much better than Midtown it all depends on owners.
Pros
Several schools in Atlanta
Cons
Pay, micro managed
Fantastic place to work
Lead Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Centerville, OHFebruary 21, 2017
Primrose was an amazing place to work! The managers really supported you and had your best interest in mind. The curriculum used is STEAM and I loved this curriculum. Very straight forward and easy to plan lessons.
Pros
Paid time off, holiday pay, supportive staff
Cons
Pay wasn't enough to live off of
Fun place to work!
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2017
Awesome staff. Excellent teamwork throughout the business. The curriculum was fun and had necessary resources to execute the best teaching experience for preschoolers.
A fulfilling work place
Kitchen Manager/Chef (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 13, 2017
-A typical day is starting off with a smile and positive attitude.
-Daily duties include serving breakfast, lunch, and Am/Pm/late snacks according to the Primrose serving schedule times.
-Learning new recipes.
-Fulfilling the needs of teacher and office staff requests pertaining to food/kitchen items.
-Responsible for taking weekly inventory from our main food service truck, sam's club once a week, and the local grocery store for small necessities.
-Prepping/thawing beforehand.
-The coworkers are always appreciative. Literally.
-Management team is very supportive and ready to hear any questions, concerns, and praises.
-The most hardest thing is feeling stuck at times and lack of advancement. I learned to motivate myself to see what can make the kitchen a better place for the school. I continue to learn this today. As they say, the kitchen is the heartbeat of the school, to your home, to your stomach. Hehe. Keep it going, no matter what; even with sweat, tears, and even mistakes.. keep going, be willing, and open minded if you really care. You truly grow as a person and a chef!
-There are many things I find enjoyable about my position. 1. I enjoy catering events we have. 2. I enjoy my work life balance. Weekends and holidays off/paid holidays. Clocking out early. 3. The children's love to me. Nothing like receiving hugs and "thank yous'!" 4. Teamwork. We help each other when we are in need. Teamwork makes us closer as a Primrose family.
Pros
Great support from management and staff, hugs from the children, building relationships with parents, getting help and assistance when needed
Cons
Temptations to eat the food
Low pay, no incentives
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJanuary 10, 2017
I worked for the Primrose of Cary location and I will say that I am glad not to be there anymore. You are constantly being pulled to work full days in classes other than your own. This is to be expected occasionally for ratio purposes but all day? Several times a week? The turnover rate is high, the owners care more about enrolling as many kids as possible and not about the well being of the children OR staff. Hours are not consistent as you are continually asked to switch shifts.
Pros
Free lunch, Christmas break, paid holidays
Cons
No healthcare benefit, no PTO, inconsistent hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primrose School. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8