Primrose School Employee Reviews in United States

primrose
Co/assistant-teacher (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 15, 2016
A typical work day is usually extremely stressful for because even though I was hired to be a teacher they have taken advantage of my flexibility and constantly move me around where they need me. So I am never in the room I'm supposed to be in therefore my students think they don't have to listen to me. However my co-workers are amazing and I love the kids I work with but I think management is just terrible and really unprofessional in my opinion.
Not Family Friendly
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Parker, COMay 12, 2016
You are lucky to get a 5 minute break in the morning to go to the bathroom. Most of the teachers are great. the management Sucks, they don't care about you or your family, ONLY about the Money. They are so afraid to upset parents we are not aloud to tell them their kids did something wrong. They have not even told parents that they are stopping the after school program at the end of the summer. The best part was the end of the Week. Hardest part was going back Monday.
Pros
Cons
No sick time, Management, No Breaks
They need to make some serious changes
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXApril 9, 2016
Initially Primrose was a great place to work. Over time the bottom dropped, the work load for the amount you are paid is just gross. However the job as far as working with children and feeling like you're making a difference in their lives is truly rewarding. The reason why Primrose was such a bad place to work, is the management team. They have no respect for your time and are not appreciative of their staff. They create a gossiping work environment and that creates tension within the staff members. If the management team made changes in how they run the school and treat the staff, they wouldn't have such a high teacher turn over rate.
Pros
making a difference, being pushed to work under pressure
Cons
a lot of responsibility, high school-like work enviroment, constant tension, no respect for your time
Great enviornment
LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Zionsville, INMarch 30, 2016
Primrose is a great place to work. The staff and families make it an enjoyable place to be. I have learned a lot about being organized and planning a day.
Inspiration of my classroom
Co Teacher (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 27, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is I look forward to teaching my young toddlers each and every day I am at work. They are a joy to have in my life.
Cons
No lounge for the teacher to eat lunch
Learning a lot about Georgia Pre K program
Georgia Pre-K Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Woodstock, GAMarch 12, 2016
Great room for growth as a teacher. Love the students,and good work re pore with Lead Teacher. We work as a team. I continue to gain customer service skills with the parents of our students as well as other parents in different classes.
a great learning experience for both employers and children
Child care worker (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAMarch 1, 2016
In the daycare setting, I learned how to multitask and how to always be on my toes . you have to know how to react fast in certain situations and how to stay calm during serious situations.
Great working Environment
Certified GA Pre K Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAFebruary 27, 2016
Primrose provides an environment that embraces students and their families in a loving and nurturing environment. The Management team supports the teachers. We promote literacy and have a play based environment.
Busy and never a dull moment.
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAFebruary 24, 2016
The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the happy faces on the kids along with the many wonderful parents. This place has a lot of nice caring coworkers who take pride in their job and love teaching the young children.
Pros
children
Excellent Company, Clean Centers
Early Preschool Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, GAFebruary 19, 2016
I really enjoyed working for Primrose Schools. The environment was always very clean, colorful, and friendly, and many materials and resources were always provided. The only downside was the low pay and limited benefits.
Pros
Excellent Program for young children; clean environment
Cons
Low Pay, little to no benefits
Summary of Primrose Schools
Lead Teacher/Management Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dunwoody, GAJanuary 21, 2016
I have been at Primrose as a parent and an employee for almost 3 years now. I have been able to advance my pay and my placement in the school. My children have excelled in their motor skills, development and social skills. I have been incredibly pleased and love the Primrose brand.
Pros
great food, management support, great curriculum
Cons
large classes, 9 hour days
Fun and rewarding
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, COJanuary 17, 2016
Very very very busy.
If you are on the clock you will be constantly on the move, doing something. You can't really call in unless you are dying. If you have 102 fever, you will still be asked to come in and if you don't, people will talk behind your back.

They have health insurance which is good but you have to have 38+ hours per week to get that health insurance.

Always short on staff because people quit all the time.

Substitute teachers are nice,

Most lead teachers are not nice, some are nice.
Pros
Rewarding
Cons
Lead teacher's attitude and how they love to gossip and talk behind backs.
Terrible
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 22, 2015
Because of my students is the only reason I get up and teach. This school does not care about their teachers. I'm burning out already and its been three months. I had high hopes for being their for years but its unnecessary tiresome.
Productive work environment
Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Clear Lake, TXNovember 19, 2015
A typical day at work included feeding, changing, teaching the babies. I worked with the infants that were 6 months to a year old. It was a job that was consistently going. The management was lacking, with no encouragement for advancing in the company. The most enjoyable part of the job was putting a smile on the babies faces everyday. I enjoyed seeing them grow and learn.
Pros
Experience in the field, holidays off
Cons
Unsupportive management, poor communication
Excellent team work and enjoyed working directly with the children
Teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CONovember 9, 2015
Typical day at work consisted of implementing teaching plan and making the day fun and safe for the children. The mot enjoyable part of the job was to play and work directly with the children. I learned that my passion is to work with young children and that job enjoyment is much more important than pay. Management was excellent and feedback was always available for an opportunity to grow.
Pros
Working with the children was fun and the families were very friendly and involved
Cons
My shift was in the afternoons and I preferred mornings
Great people, great atmosphere
Food Service Director (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNNovember 3, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. Everyone who works there really enjoys what they do! I would be honored to send my own children there if I lived in the area.
Pros
meals provided, high level of responsibility
Cons
long days, not a lot of support from managment
Wonderful Curriculum
Preschool Teacher (Former Employee) –  Kernersville, NCOctober 8, 2015
Students by age one were learning colors, shapes and basic sign language.
Administration dealt with parents more than teachers, though teachers spent more time with the child.
No biting policy!! No matter how many times a child bit, they were never sent home or expelled. It was always the teacher's fault for allowing it to happen.
Rewarding negative behavior! Redirecting to a center that the child prefers. Shadowing an individual child who acts out to seek attention.
Unsuccessful experience
Teacher Asst. /Opener (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXOctober 8, 2015
Beginning with the management, they lack professionalism. You are not "allowed" to get sick any day of the year and if you ever do call in sick or due to any emergency you are spoken to rude, with disrespect and they will make you feel at fault. I learned that no matter what you do, sometimes you cannot succeed in an environment where you are constantly put down and treated with disrespect. Co-workers are amazing! Wonderful people apply but leave in a heart-beat due to the treatment all management and the owner give out to their employees. No benefits whatsoever, no raise after they make you sign a contract that states after 3 months of working with them you are given a raise. That does not happen in Primrose School of Spring Cypress. Not even after a year or four. I also learned that sometimes it is not okay to give the best of you on a daily basis. It is not recognized and you are put to the side once you are hired. The hardest part of the job is having to deal with certain parents and management. There are days when all you want is to walk out. The only enjoyable thing about this job is the children and your co-workers (those that do stay).
Pros
time spent with children, hours that were given
Cons
no benefits, lack of professionalism from management, management itself, no respect, unorganized, ignored on a daily basis
Fun and rewarding workplace
Pre-K2 Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Grove City, OHSeptember 28, 2015
Loved going into work each day and seeing my students grow and be excited about learning. I learned how to use better time management, and my student management skills improved as well. My co-workers were so fun to work with because we were able to share and discuss ideas and help each other.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
no healthcare
primrose
assistant teacher (Former Employee) –  greensboro north carolinaSeptember 23, 2015
coworkers are always friendly
management is not always understanding of home issues that require a call out such as sick children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Primrose School. Our community is ready to answer.