PRIMROSE SCHOOL

PRIMROSE SCHOOL Employer Reviews

Not a place to grow into and no real reasons to stay
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Pros: major holidays off, weekends off
Cons: 2 hour long breaks, inconsiderate coworkers, lazy parents who would pick up 30 minutes later than closing time, etc
A typical day at work would include teaching the kids the Primrose curriculum which is already in the workbook for each day of that week, writing reports home to parents, making sure the kids were fed and taken care of, etc.

I learned that what you see is NOT what you get, I went into this expecting to be very happy & working here for a long period of time considering I worked with kids for a couple years before taking a position on at this Primrose. Working here unfortunately has made me put my Elementary Education on hold since now I do not even know if I would want to deal with what I did here on a daily basis and I saw into the real truth of "pre-schools."

Management was new. I feel like those who had been there longer than others were dubbed "favorites" at the beginning. Some people would get holiday pay while others wouldn't. For instance, you were only supposed to get holiday pay if you worked there for longer than 3 months, I had been there that long and did not receive holiday pay but a girl who worked there for only 1 month did. When I brought it up, more excuses were made.

My co-workers.. a few were nice to be around but I feel like none of them actually resembled what a "teacher" would be like at a real school. Talking to my co-workers I realized very few actually enjoyed working there and most couldn't wait to get home.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with another coworker who would consistently make up lies about the other teachers she worked with and would yell at other adults in front of the children. Very unprofessional.

The most enjoyable part was – more... being with the kids, and that is all that I enjoyed.

Also to anyone who is considering working for a Primrose, please note that unlike other jobs where if you request off two weeks an advance, you get those days off. While working at Primrose, you must wait one year before you get a paid vacation. I asked for 3 days off non-paid and they said sure, but you will get written up for it. So it doesn't matter if you want your time off to be paid or not, unless you have been there for over a year.. you cannot request off and not get written up for it.

They do not hire from within.. When we lost lead teachers, instead of moving up the assistants, they would hire all new girls who knew practically nothing about the company or the way of doing things. Turnover is extremely high.

If you worked a long day, instead of getting a 30 minute or 1 hour break. You MUST take two hours so they don't have to pay you over time.. – less
lead teacher
Lead teacher (Current Employee), mooresville, north carolinaDecember 7, 2014
I teach a group of 4 and 5 year old children all the important things needed to become prepared for kindergarten. I use a company branded curriculum and tailor it to each child's needs. I also foster a safe and loving environment as well as progress reports to parents and future teachers. I am also responsible for providing evaluation of how each child is progressing as well as selling our brand.
is ok for a little while
Teacher (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCNovember 5, 2014
they have a great curriculum and teachers do not have to do lesson plans because they are already made by corporate, but there are not benefits and the managment team is very unprofesional in many ways
structure
Teacher (Former Employee), Gahanna, OHOctober 1, 2014
Pros: free lunch and insurance
Cons: very strict and long hours
The place is very structured. I love how there was a schedule and curriculum for the children. The co-workers were very loving and I loved working with them. I learned a lot more about how to teach children and teach them beyond normal expectations. The management however was very bad. They did not treat anyone who was pregnant there very good unless she was an assistant director or higher. Also, unless there was a level 3 warning for weather you had to be at work. That meant we have gone in with 5-7 inches of snow in -18 degree weather AND half of the building didn't have heat.
Primrose was a fun place to work
Teacher (Former Employee), The Woodlands, Tx.August 11, 2014
Pros: playing and teaching babies everyday.
Cons: the management favored.
Primrose Private Preschool was one of my favorite jobs. I loved teaching my babies new things from walking to new words. A typical day at work would be arriving early to set up my room for the babies arrival. When they arrived they were always happy to see me. I changed their diapers, feed them and taught them curriculums for the day. The most enjoyable part about my job was hearing the babies say their first word or taking their first steps.
Fun and stable place to work!
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Richmond, TXJuly 24, 2014
Pros: good hours, friendly people, play with kids all day
Cons: very limited health benefits
As far as hours and compensation is concerned, I was completely content with Primrose and working for them. However, it is a hectic place, I'd say even understaffed at times. I was comfortable and I had help whenever I needed it, I enjoyed watching children grow and learn and having the oppourtunity to help them every day. My coworkers were focused and helpful, as was the manager and cirriculum director. The hardest part of the whole thing was the overwhelming feeling of having too much on your plate, so to speak. There were times when I genuninely needed an extra pair of hands and sometimes it just wasn't avaliable.
Love this center
Preschool Teacher (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 12, 2014
I am a Toddler/floater. I work with children from age birth to 5 year olds. I change diapers, keep parents updated on their child's day.
Fun and joyful work place
Assistant pre-school teacher (Former Employee), Suwanee GAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: working with children of different cultures
Cons: short breaks
Teaching and playing with children all day is very rewarding. I learned about new cultures and how to embrace it. Management down to the children were great to work with. The hardest part of my job was staying as energized as the children. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the smiles on the children's faces and hearing a room full of laughter.
Primrose
Assistant Director (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 28, 2014
A company that has great interest in building the foundations for early education and future educational success of children.
Challenging Class and administration from Primrose
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee), Chester, VAJune 27, 2014
Pros: daily schedule: 9:00-3:00 pm, very good curriculum
Cons: low pay, healthcare very expensive, no sick pay
My job as a Kindergarten teacher for this private day-care started out very well with a class load of 11 students. However, as the year progressed, the office staff struggled to communicate with me telling me important things about the students. Communication is such an important part of a school. They also did not know how to handle a "real teacher" , one with 30+ years. They thought they could "control and mold" me into a Primrose teacher who says yes to everything.
I have a strong passion as a professional educator and love this profession to the fullest. Teaching is apart of my life and I plan to do this for many more years providing the opportunities present themselves to me.
Loved Teaching my Students!
Kindergarten Teacher (Former Employee), Township of Warren, NJJune 24, 2014
My co-workers said, "I brought the classroom alive." It was a new school and kindergarten enrollment was low.
Productive Day
Early Childhood Teacher (Former Employee), Eagle Springs, TXJune 18, 2014
Pros: time with children/vacation
Cons: short breaks
A day at Primrose went smooth for the most part. I feel that management could have been a lot more involved with the children
would rather not comment
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Concord, NCJune 5, 2014
I've been told if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all so that is what I'm choosing to do.
It was a great starting job.
Teacher (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAApril 18, 2014
It was a great learning environment. I started at a younger age and was able to grow and learn thru others with a wealth of knowledge.
Fun place to work.
Kindergarten Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Orlando, FLApril 16, 2014
Lots of work to do but fun. interaction with people from different ways of life and different cultures. High academic achievements within the students. Management can be more supportive to the employees and parents.
It helped me to grow as an educator
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Douglasville, GAApril 1, 2014
It is a great company to work for but I needed to be able to grow within a company and that was not possible at this job.
Good Job
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee), orlano flMarch 23, 2014
Worked for several years at Teachers Hands Academy.I aloso worked as a full-time employee.
Its a ok place to to work
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee), Naperville, ILMarch 20, 2014
Pros: free lunch, helping children learn and grow
Cons: miscommunication
Loved the children but the staff communication was horrible.
Great Learning Environment!
Lead Preschool Teacher (Former Employee), Midlothian, VAMarch 20, 2014
Pros: education!
Cons: no real promotion potential
I really enjoyed my co-workers and still communicate with them regularly. Primrose is a top notch school and treated their employees as such. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children. I took great pride in bringing a love of learning into the classroom on a daily basis through academic lessons and play.
Long hours with 1 day off a week
Lead Teacher, Junior Kindergarten (Current Employee), Edina, MNMarch 6, 2014
4 Ten hour shifts a week with one day off. Nice to have a day off but ten hour shifts wear you out.

1 2 3