This position will assist in developing and analyzing standard costs using actual labor, overhead, material, and fabrication costs. The cost accountant will work closely with various departments including purchasing, manufacturing, payables, and sales to ensure standard costs are accurate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Analyze purchase variance reports and production variance reports.
- Work with a large number of parts- analyze and revise standard costs.
- Review bills of material and routings on manufactured parts.
- Monitor labor and overhead costs, review machine center rates.
- Auditing standard costs, monthly cycle counting, and assisting with monthly closing activity.
- Assist with cycle counts and physical inventories, investigate discrepancies, resolve issues.
- Monitor adjustments to inventory.
- Audit standard costs.
- Assist with physical inventories and annual budgeting.
- Work with management to review inventory and determine slow moving or obsolete parts.
- Provide necessary month end close assistance.
- Collaborate with finance on the annual budget.
- Work on special projects as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong internal and external customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Strong organizational skills, excellent follow through
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, and proven ability to manage a large number of multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks on time
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, 2-3 years experience as cost accountant or equivalent applicable experience. Manufacturing experience preferred.
Advanced computer skills required, must be proficient in Microsoft Excel (Pivot Tables, v-lookups required) PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV a plus