The IT Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT Manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT Manager will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
- Work with Owners to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Keep current with the latest technologies.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Approve and oversee projects and project portfolio.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Develop requests for proposal.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements.
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
- Establish and maintain regular written and in-person communications with the organization’s executives, department heads and end users regarding pertinent IT activities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work proactively with internal customers to identify and recommend solutions and provide counsel as needed to ensure the most positive business outcome.
- Strong internal and external customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Strong organizational skills, excellent follow through
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, and proven ability to manage a large number of multiple priorities and projects
- Strong problem solving skills, attention to detail, and initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks on time and within budget
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve individual and company objectives
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field. 6-8 years work related experience.
Basic Computer Skills
Word processing, Power Point, Excel, Internet software, E-mail, Database software, SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics
Indeed - 16 months ago