This position obtains requirements by verifying, preparing, and forwarding purchase orders; verifies receipt of items; maintains inventories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following but are not limited to:
- Prepare purchase orders and send copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Determine if inventory quantities are sufficient for needs, ordering more materials when necessary.
- Respond to customer and supplier inquiries about order status, changes, or cancellations.
- Perform buying duties when necessary.
- Contact suppliers in order to schedule or expedite deliveries and to resolve shortages, missed or late deliveries, and other problems.
- Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology, and specifications.
- Prepare, maintain, and review purchasing files, reports and price lists.
- Compare prices, specifications, and delivery dates in order to determine the best bid among potential suppliers.
- Track the status of requisitions and orders.
- Calculate costs of orders
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to work proactively with internal customers to identify market needs, recommend solutions and provide counsel as needed to ensure the most positive business outcome.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Strong organizational skills, excellent follow through
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, and proven ability to manage a large number of multiple priorities and projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external audiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple tasks on time
Bachelor’s Degree in Business required ; entry level, less than 2 years of business experience
Advanced computer skills required, must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook. SAP or Microsoft Dynamic-Nav Experience a plus.
Indeed - 9 months ago