PRINCE CASTLE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJune 6, 2017
On this company I learned to many things like how to operate to many different types of machines
Liked that I had to work with tools and my hands
Assembly Line Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILFebruary 16, 2015
The hardest part of the job was when I first started had to learn how to craft and build these stoves and I also enjoyed that I had to train other peope and for them to tell me they was succesful at what I showed them
Productive and Fast pace
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILNovember 17, 2013
Typical day at work: Start shift at 6:00am, go to shipping office get picks from shipping tray. start picking and packing orders.
Then print out proper export docs and labels put on freight and put freight in selective place to be picked up.

What I learned from management: Management were very precise on how they wanted the job to get done.

Co-workers : Co-workers were very friendly , easy to work with and very supportive and helpful when you first start.

Hardest part of job: you have to pay very close attention to detail when it comes to selecting the right carriers to pick up the freight.

Most enjoyable part of the job: to get of at 2:30pm everyday
Pros
two 15 min breaks, and 30 min break for lunch
Cons
Overall is on OK place to work for
Production (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream IllinoisMarch 20, 2013
If you want to learn about lean this is the place to be.
If you want to learn about engineering and manufacturing relationship this is the place to be.
If you want to learn standardization and implementation of visual control systems, this is the place to be.
If you want to learn many things and want to stay stay busy , this is the place to be.
If you want to learn about rolling out products for major companies , this is the place to be.
If you want to learn about outsourcing, this is the place to be.
If you want to learn how to Fabricate Metal parts , this may no longer be a place to learn from.
Pros
you can learn a lot
Cons
fear to be fired
No comment
Data Entry Representative (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILNovember 17, 2012
I was let go from this company due to pregnancy (discrimination). I have nothing positive to say about them.
First real engineering job
Student (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILNovember 4, 2012
My first steps in real engineering world. I learned to perform testing, real CAD drawing and entry level designing.
Massive turnover
Sales (Former Employee) –  Carol StreamAugust 20, 2012
This was not a great place to work. I was really thrilled during the interview process and then after I started it was all about doing a lot of work that wasn't on my job description.

They almost get you in and then know its hard for you to find another job right away. I felt very betrayed.
Pros
you do a lot of work. improve your skills
Cons
you do more jobs than you are paid for. they remind you "you are all replaceable"
Worked here for years. Fired with no severance
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 18, 2012
They don't respect outsiders. Will lay you off in a heartbeat. Employees like me with >10 years of time fired with no severance. I was close to 60 so it felt like it was too targeted on age.
Pros
not many. learn to do alot with little
Cons
too much to write
Excellent place to wori
Senior Industrial / Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILMarch 20, 2012
spend 6 years there. Good people, good working condition, world class place
Pros
very good managed
Cons
can say nothing negative

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PRINCE CASTLE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6