PRINCE GEORGE'S COMMUNITY COLLEGE

PRINCE GEORGE'S COMMUNITY COLLEGE Employer Reviews

I enjoyed learning all about Financial Aid.
Coordinator (Former Employee), Largo, MDOctober 29, 2014
Pros: winter breaks and spring breaks, reasonable health plans
I started off as the receptionist at the college and after two years I applied for the Loan Specialist position and got it. I stayed in that position for four years and then I applied for the Loan Coordinator position and I got that position as well. I enjoyed learning all the ends and out about financial aid. It was exciting to help students and parents – more... understand how financial aid works. I enjoyed being off for two weeks for winter breaks. I was responsible for processing loan applications, reconciling the student loan accounts weekly, assist with the verification of files by making sure students turned in the correct paperwork in order for us to complete the file and award the funds they were eligible for. – less
GREAT PART-TIME JOB
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee), Largo, MDOctober 9, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Administrative staff is extremely helpful to the instructors to ensure they have everything they need to be successful.
Fun and a constant learning experience environment
Office Associate II (Current Employee), Largo, MDSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: free courses to take at either low or no cost.
Cons: because this is a part time job, i don't get any benefits, sick or vacation leave and holiday pay.
A typical day in my office consist of scheduling meetings, conducting research for our department, updating our budget, create requisitions, general office duties (faxing, filing, photocopying, answering multi-line telephones, prepares and receive incoming and outgoing mail, etc.) pull student transcripts, order lunch for meetings and interact with – more... students daily :-) – less
productive
Math Tutor (Former Employee), MDAugust 5, 2014
Its a great environment and i have learnt how to work under pressure. The management of this department was good and the hardest is when you're working alone with alot of student at once. The most enjoyable part is speaking the language of maths.
Productive and educational workplace with many opportunities for advancement
Student Assistant to the Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee), Largo, MDJuly 28, 2014
Pros: learning something new everyday, meeting new people
Cons: no benefits
My day consists of: Answering phones, talking to students via email, taking small inventory in my manager's office, making several copies, setting up events, various administrative duties etc. Since being on my job I've learned to be a better communicator, to be more involved with my superiors and overall great qualities to add to my profession. As – more... far as my co-workers everyone is open to learn new things and willing to teach when need be and overall team players, the most enjoyable part of my job is the friendly work environment I encounter every morning. – less
Dealing with the public
Office Associate III (Current Employee), Laurel, MDJuly 15, 2014
PGCC provided excellent benefits for their part-time employees. A good environment to grow and learn job skills.
Goal oriented workplace
Coordinator (Current Employee), Largo MDMarch 28, 2014
Working towards a new strategic Plan to incorporate a diverse culture welcoming environment.
Five year one time grant
Executive Director (Current Employee), Largo, MDMarch 10, 2014
Pros: great location
Cons: parking on a college campus
Program is ending on June 30, 2014. We accomplished the goals and objectives set and are shutting down the operation.
great opportunity
Student Accounts Administrator (Former Employee), largo, mdDecember 17, 2013
very nice place to work, most there have been there for some time, so that longevity should speak volumes about the location.
Very good and fun place to work and develop skills
Assistant Security Analyst Intern (Former Employee), Largo, MDDecember 13, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: salary low
I learned a lot about mentoring and developing marketable skills to further advance in my education and work skills.
learning experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Largo, MDNovember 14, 2013
working for prince georges community college was a learning experience. this company makes time for your classes and also prepares you for the work force. they give you training in your major and help you find jobs with in that major.
Got more from it then I put in
Art Instructor- Sage Program (Former Employee), Largo Md.October 15, 2013
Pros: met some great stories from working there
Cons: didnt like to go into the nursing homes
It was a very rewarding to work on this job not only did I learn a lot but i was able to give back and help elders with their moder skills and hear a lot of great stories.
good
Stocking shelves, cashier (Former Employee), neebo book storeSeptember 11, 2013
Right now i currently do not have a job. I have very high interest in working in the wearhouse. I want to work in a wearhouse to gained better information with routing information package handling, and anything other task. I love a challenge it make be determined to complete the job. If i where to get the job I garentee you my best foot forward and – more... work my hardest to keep thing flowing at a nice steady pace. At PGCC they have great programs that could get you far in life if you apply yourself and put yourself up to the challenge – less
great school great opportunities
Paralegal, Business Administration (Current Employee), Largo MarylandAugust 27, 2013
enjoyable school hard work great teachers i was a student a typical day at school
summer camp
Camp Counselor (Former Employee), Largo, MDJuly 17, 2013
taking children to there class and helping the teacher out the children learned math reading and writing skills
Engaging
Reader/ Scribe (Former Employee), Largo, MDJuly 4, 2013
Enjoyed going to various classes, learning as the student also learned.
The College is a good place to work; the President is great and is doing a good job.
Mathematics Professor (Adjunct) (Current Employee), Largo, MDJune 13, 2013
I am looking for a new career - in Health Care; I have a masters degree in Management from University of Maryland and a Certificate in Assisted Living Management.
Office Job
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee), Largo, MDMay 23, 2013
Pros: free time throughout the day
Cons: only could work 20 hours a week
Federal work study, more so a office clerk. I loved this job, I filed, created spreadsheets and did the typical office jobs.
Awful
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Largo, MDMay 2, 2013
Was hired this academic year as an adjunct. Confused why I was hired because there are so many adjuncts in our department that they fight like cats over classes.They don't need MORE adjuncts, they need less.

Dept administration has favorites so was only able to get one class to teach and probably won't be able to get any for the upcoming semester because – more... we aren't offered classes until the full-time faculty and adjunct favorites run through their choices first. The cliquishness is disgusting.

What is most annoying is the amount of micro-managing from one of the most disorganized departments I've ever worked for-- for ONE class!

Applying to work at other schools right after I press SEND on this review. – less
Wonderful place to work
Mathematics Adjunct Professor (Former Employee), Largo, MDApril 9, 2013
Pros: location
Cons: part time
Wonderful support from administration. Students are open minded.