Prince George's Community College Employee Reviews

A great experience
Adjunct Faculty, Clinical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 9, 2016
This is my first experience as a Clinical Instructor. It has overall been a great experience. I enjoy working with the students and feel supported. I wish we had a little more training however, before starting the school year.
Pros
Compensation and work schedule
Cons
would have liked more training
Rewarding experiences being able to help people and be part of a great team.
Office Associate III (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDOctober 20, 2015
Supportive management.
Goal oriented and achievers.
Average amount of politics.
Positive atmosphere.
Encourages growth.
Great team players.
Pros
Fair benefit package and great working schedule, no micro-managing and freedom to be creative in ways to improve student/client experiences.
Cons
Not able to give annual raises due to budget constraints, communications were not always on a timely or consistent basis.
Helping Veterans transition back to Higher Education
Project Director- Veteran Upward Bound Program (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDApril 19, 2016
-A typical work day was to attend any schedule executive meetings, address participants issues that my staff couldn't handle, and handle administrative duties required for the program.

-I learned a more efficient way to build a non-profit program from the ground-up compared to pervious programs I've built.

-Management at this college was very supportive of the program and committed the resources needed for it success.

-My co-workers was a pleasure to work with at this college, in every respect.

-The hardest part of this job was trying to establish an extended campus site in VA. The logistic made it very difficult to offer the same quality of services so far away from the main campus.

-The most enjoyable part of the job was witnessing veterans obtain their college degrees.
Pros
Business Travel
A Great Experience
INTERN (Former Employee) –  301 Largo Rd, Largo, MD 20774October 4, 2016
I worked with two different sections and had two different kind of responsibilities.With the Center of Professional Development, I help create a film about Title IX. I also made and answered phone calls and created meetings. With the Technology Research Center, I learn how to use different graphic design systems. All my co-workers were 30 years older then me and treated me like a equal.
A good institution for minority students.
Associate Professor (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDOctober 24, 2015
The workload is heavy compared to the compensation.

The students are mostly minority. The students from African countries are more polite and disciplined compared to American minority students.
Pros
Free Parking
Cons
Low salary
Great school
Student Clinical (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDSeptember 29, 2016
Great school great instructors that wants their student to succeed great place to be. I love my teachers cause they invest their time with the student.
Pros
GREAT SCHOOL- ONSITE CLINICALS
Cons
LOVE MY TEACHERS
fun place to work
Office Associate (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJuly 27, 2015
- A typical day would be filing and answering phones.
- Assisting veterans with questions about the college enrollment process.
- Assist the veteran with basic skills to help to complete the high school equivalency program.
- Assist with applying for financial aid.

I have learned a lot about veterans benefits.

I am able to participate in some of the fun activities on campus.
Pros
friendly co-workiers
Cons
would like to work more hours
Productive, Team environment, Fast pased
Office Associate 3 (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 27, 2016
The environment working at Prince Georges community college is great it really is a team effort to achieve set goals for the year.
Productive and educational workplace with many opportunities for advancement
Student Assistant to the Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJuly 28, 2014
My day consists of: Answering phones, talking to students via email, taking small inventory in my manager's office, making several copies, setting up events, various administrative duties etc. Since being on my job I've learned to be a better communicator, to be more involved with my superiors and overall great qualities to add to my profession. As far as my co-workers everyone is open to learn new things and willing to teach when need be and overall team players, the most enjoyable part of my job is the friendly work environment I encounter every morning.
Pros
Learning something new everyday, meeting new people
Cons
No benefits
Motivating and fun work environment
EMT-Paramedic Faculty Adjunct (Current Employee) –  Kettering, MDMay 27, 2016
It is quite the experience. From staff to students they are a joy yo work with. The work is straight forward and not complicated to understand. It a profession that will grow you into a better you.

Want to know more about Prince George's Community College?

Ask a question
excellent working environment
Mathematics Learning Center - Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 1, 2016
Prince George's community college is the greatest place i have ever work at. I have been working there about five years and absolutely love the mathematics learning center.
great working with the students and with the advisors
Academic Peer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDJune 6, 2016
assist students with choosing and registering for classes for the next semester. We also assist students with finding facilities and resources on campus.
Fun and a constant learning experience environment
Office Associate II (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDSeptember 3, 2014
A typical day in my office consist of scheduling meetings, conducting research for our department, updating our budget, create requisitions, general office duties (faxing, filing, photocopying, answering multi-line telephones, prepares and receive incoming and outgoing mail, etc.) pull student transcripts, order lunch for meetings and interact with students daily :-)
Pros
Free courses to take at either low or no cost.
Cons
Because this is a part time job, I don't get any benefits, sick or vacation leave and holiday pay.
College
Member of the Honors Society (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMay 12, 2016
Getting my education was the hardest full time job I ever had. I enjoyed leaning and becoming a nurse. Not sure you this came in a job.
Pros
food
Students First
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Largo, MDApril 9, 2016
The environment at Prince George's Community College is one where student's are first. The administration and staff throughout the college are all engaged and committed to enhancing the college for the students benefit.
Great Benefits
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Office of FinanceApril 30, 2015
Executive Team is not Competent.
Turn over is High, and a lot of favoritism.
Human Resources is NOT Pro- employees ,
Please join the Union.
Benefits
Cons
Executive Team
Nice place to work. Staff professional and student centered.
Coordinator High School Recruitment (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDFebruary 22, 2016
This was an enjoyable place to work. I was able to utilize my skill set. Working with the staff and students was a great experience.
Pros
Working with students.
Cons
Traveling in bad weather.
college work enviorment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDApril 19, 2012
PGCC is a really good place to work if you are looking for job security.
Pros
benifits
Cons
little growth potential
Professional and enjoyable place to learn
Assistant to the Secretary of the Dean (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDOctober 18, 2015
Making Brochure, preparing for banquets.I learn how to dress accordingly, how to answer the telephone and help with any issues. My manager was friendly,and told me how to better myself in areas if needed. The co-workers and I get together on break and see if anyone needed anyone's help. The hardest thing about this job is transferring important documents to the Dean or Labor department,and protecting the papers like it was your life. Every Friday my manager and team would get together and give us a progress report.
Pros
Helping others, Free Lunch
Cons
Having people yell at you, Not enough time to eat
Very good and fun place to work and develop skills
Assistant Security Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDDecember 13, 2013
I learned a lot about mentoring and developing marketable skills to further advance in my education and work skills.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Salary low

4.3