Prince George's County Department of Social Services Employee Reviews in United States

Community Services
Asst. Prog. Man.Energy and Food Programs (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDMarch 9, 2015
Employee with the Department of Social Services for the past 25 years, I've learned a lot over the years, the hardest part of this job, trying to assist everyone in need of service, trying to save the world one household at a time.
Cons
job security
It's a good place to and learn
Service Linked-Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Landover, MDDecember 2, 2014
Responsible for linking customers to services after exiting homeless programs. conducted intakes to analyze household issues and gathered resources to assist these families/individuals to retain permanent housing. Utilized Government Management Information Systems to obtain/input benefit information and to successfully document case management strategies. Constantly developed new relationships with service providers to create resources, and a network of assistance for eligible customers. Developed monthly, semi-annually, and annual reports for the Service Linked Housing Program. It's a very friendly place to work. My reason for leaving wanting to work closer from home.
Pros
i have learned alot.
Cons
you have no dental or vision benefits
Challenging workplace with interesting people.
Acting Fiscal Accounts Clerk Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDMay 30, 2014
You will learn to work independently in a challenging atmosphere.
Pros
diversified workplace
Cons
30 minute lunch with no places to buy from close by.
The summary that's in my mind concerning this company is 5, Stars.
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Landover, MarylandOctober 8, 2013
I like a productive work place, many cultures are fine. I need a advancement and security as well as excellent benefits.

The hardest part of my job is when a customer leaves, (Unsatisfied).
The most enjoyable part of my job is when every one is (Pleased).

I rate this company to be one (1) of the most successful in the nation. 4, STAR Rating.
Pros
i rate this job to possibly be rewarding with free lunch at times.
Cons
every job should have a break during working hours.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 7, 2013
The most enjoyable part of the job is creating and developing a program that assists countless residents with obtaining a wide variety of services.
Pros
free continuing educational credits
benefits
Great place to grow in case management skills
Social Worker II (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 30, 2013
Beautiful opportunity for entry level social worker to gain valuable experience.
Community Resources
General Clerk (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 19, 2013
Very interesting .
Interviewing client
Great time 8:30-5
Interact with a Diversity of Cultures
Bilingual assistance
Customer oriented work environment
Foster and Adoptive Parent Resource Worker (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDApril 24, 2013
Customer oriented work environment with some opportunity for career advancement, but many opportunities for continuing education.
Enjoyed what I did
Family Support Worker II (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDFebruary 22, 2013
As a family support worker II, I did really enjoy being out in the field with the clients assisting them with their adl's and light chores.
Very productive and fast pace place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDSeptember 5, 2012
A typical day at work was busy full of assignments and challenges. With this company I've learned to seperate my emotions from home and work also how to deal with multiple attitudes from clients. management was great not only we they my superior but allowed me the comfortablity of being able to go to for advice and ask questions as often as needed.The hardest part of this job I must say was listening to clients stories about hard-ship and the trials they often stumbled across.The most enjoyable part of this job was putting smiles of families faces daily, knowing that I had a part of making a difference in ones lives, being able to rest my head and my heart at night knowing that there was another family with a roof on their heads food on the table and clothes on their backs.
Pros
learning to recognize hardship in personal life.
Cons
no benefits medical, leave etc
A willingness to work hard is required.
Supervisor, APS and Guardianship (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDMay 11, 2012
Work was demanding and pay was low, A typical day consisted of providing case management to adults at-risk of neglect, self neglect, or abuse. The clients may have been homeless, chronic mentally ill, developmentallly disabled, or medically frail. Staff worked together consistently to get the job done.
Pros
state benefits
Cons
low pay