PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS Employee Reviews

easy work
Dedicated Aide (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJuly 24, 2015
A very easy job to do. Just need to pay attention to the teacher and listen to your child. I had an okay year with this company but I felt it should have ran better than it was.
Great Place to work with children
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MarylandJune 16, 2015
Provide help to those in need. Followed daily lesson plans to implement in the classroom. Overall, a typical day at work was in a very relaxed environment.
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), Beltsville, MDJune 11, 2015
Students are a challenge but motivated to try their best. Instruction materials are provided to help teachers best educate their students. The county office is very helpful.
Challenging job. Sometimes support was not there.
Test Coordinator/Teacher (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJune 7, 2015
Pros: planning time, co workers, many school breaks, holiday times, summer schedule
Cons: paperwork, responsiblity even when ill, planning, difficult or unconcerned parents
enjoyed my job for 40 years. The job was always a challenge, but I was able to deal with it. I enjoy working with students which made the job worthwhile. The rewards that are gained from working with students are not measurable.
Good district to work for.
My student (Current Employee), Riverdale, MDJune 4, 2015
I enjoy the grade level I teach. My co-workers that also teach my grade with me in our pod are also my friends. We respect each other both personally and professionally. It makes teaching much easier when you have a strong relationship with your co-workers. Collaboration and reflection are daily routines for us as a team. The hardest part of the job is when you know a student is capable of something, but the test scores don't show it. What makes me come to work everyday is my love of teaching and the "ah-ha" moments children have when they "get it".
Pay well with plenty vacancies
Classroom/Co-Teacher (Former Employee), Greenbelt, MDMay 26, 2015
Pros: Great benefits
Cons: Overworked
Great place to work with lots of room for advancement. Some of the most diverse teaching experiences. Good vacations and opportunites to receive bonus incentives.
Productive Day
Dedicated Aide (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMay 13, 2015
Pros: Benefits
A great day at any job site or work location would be very productive and effective day for myself and/ or my co-workers. Also having great customer service.
Fast paced work environment working with Payroll
Payroll Specialist (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMay 1, 2015
Pros: Good Benefits
Cons: large amount of employee turnover in recent years
Allowed me to advance within my specific skills along my career, and use my work experience to further advance my career.
I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience in my profession over the past 30 years with PGCPS. I enjoyed the challenges and complexity of my work.
Pressure Cooker!
Teacher (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDApril 26, 2015
Pros: Watching the academic gains made in your students.
Cons: Half-hour lunch usually interrupted by office or other personnel, Necessary resources for effective teaching is lacking.
Working with the students is the greatest plus - they are ready and willing to learn. On the other hand, the school system is not sufficiently supportive of teaching staff. Too many conflicts exists between and among staff members and school administration not open to assisting with appropriate interventions. To file complaints usually means retribution usually through poor evaluations, added responsibilities, or denial of time-off requests. Stress level is extremely high.
n/a
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDApril 21, 2015
In the county we are a team. One goal One team we strive everyday to prepare our youths for their dreams to the future. Here in the county this is what we seek to prove.
Good Mentoring
Speech Language Pathologist (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDMarch 30, 2015
Pros: mentoring
Cons: salary
PGCPS has great entry level positions - great place to start building on your resume. The department has excellent mentoring program for CFYs and SLPs new to the state.
Good environment, good staff, good company
Substitute Food Service Assistant (Former Employee), Landover, MDMarch 23, 2015
I had a very exciting time preparing meals for the children. Nice co workers. Clean and safe environment. Very nice work schedule.
PGCPS Review
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Largo, MDMarch 16, 2015
My average day consist of interacting with students often leading lessons in various subject areas. I've learned classroom management, different motivational tools and have developed a passion for what I do. My co-workers have all been very helpful since the very first day. The hardest part of the job is accepting the fact that you cant reach every child the way you may want to. The most enjoyable part is seeing different children grow and mature and knowing you had something to do with that progression.
Okay company
Health Educator Assistant (Current Employee), Largo, MDMarch 9, 2015
• Developed lesson plans for Health Department Volunteers, with goals and objectives, for health and safety lifestyles.
• Compiled and distributed recruitment information to various groups, organizations and individuals to join the Medical Reserve Corps (MRC) volunteer organizations.
Very engaging and up tempo job.
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro,MDFebruary 18, 2015
I have learned that working with children is truly rewarding. I have learned that you have to be patient when you are dealing with children. The principal and assistant principal very nice and ran a very productive school. My co-workers are nice and have grown to be my friends. The hardest part of the job is dealing with children who decided that they didn't want to follow directions that day.
It is a great place to work. The environment is save for the children and teachers and administrative staff.
Substitute Teacher/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro MarylandJanuary 30, 2015
This is a temporary assignment to provide instructions to students and implement the lesson plans. Maintain an orderly environment that is conductive to learning.
FOOD SERVICE COORDINATOR
Food Service Coordinator (Former Employee), upper malboroJanuary 19, 2015
Coordinated services and ensured duties required for school food and kitchen services were in place. Some my accomplishments include:
 Prepare or assist in preparation and service of main dishes, vegetables, salads, sandwiches and other foods and beverages for school aged children.
 Operate stoves, ovens, steam kettles, dishwasher, slicer, mixer and other kitchen equipment.
 Keeping all equipment, work areas and tables clean and sanitized.
 Assist in receiving and unpacking supplies and placing them in proper storage.
 Cashier and entering information into the system for monies collected and depositing at the bank.
 Supervised kitchen when manager was not available
Being a bus driver can be rewarding
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Laurel, Greenbelt and Goddard bus lotsDecember 29, 2014
Pros: free lunch, union meetings and being able to be there for my children, benefits and the pay.
A typical day at work is enjoyable
Meeting and talking to people from all walks of life
Learning the rules of the road, how to deal with children
My co-workers were fun to be around and talk with
The hardest part of the job---driving in the snow!
The most enjoyable is driving school teams to their games and
swim meets.
fun work place
Dedicated assistant (Former Employee), Beltsville, MDDecember 18, 2014
Cons: no benefits
A day at work is alot of moving constantly helping children, running errands, making copies for teachers. My co-workers are very nice wiling to help with anything. There isn't anything hard about this job very fun the children are very respectful. i enjoyed the children the most.
Not pleased :-(
Teacher (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 6, 2014
so much focus on data and scripts, not enough focus on allowing teachers to truly use their natural gifts to teach young impressionable minds.

1 2 3 4 5