Prince Georges County Public Schools

Prince Georges County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Busy
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Greenbelt elementaryMay 23, 2015
Pros: Benefits, love the children
Cons: un organized
This is a fun job, you get out of it what you put in. My main concern is making sure that the children are safe and are learning and having fun at the same time.

This job could be more organized especially with documents that need to go out to parents. These documents should be given out at least a week in advance instead of the same day as the event.
Love/ Hate Relationship
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee), LanhamApril 24, 2015
Pros: Benefits, paid summers, professional development
Cons: Human Resources, lack of usable resources, confusion
I love what I do as a Special Educator but it is hard to do so with the amount of demands and the lack of understanding from others including those in higher positions. When I first started in the county – more... I was given no mentor, and no type of guidance what so ever. I was fresh out of college and had to figure things out on my own.
Human Resources is terrible! When you call a number to a department given on the county website you are tossed from person to person or on hold for long periods of time and it seems like no one is willing to help or knows how to help. I could go on but I dont want to sound ungrateful for the things I do have. – less
Sometimes stress filled work place, sometimes great place to be
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee), MarylandApril 15, 2015
my day would consist of meetings in the morning, and maintaining control of maintenance issues and cleaning the building. I have learned how to keep things organized. Management is a hit and miss sometimes – more... the are good sometimes the are bad. My co-workers for fun to be around and hard workers for the most part. Most mornings the hard part about my job would be coming to work because management is never consistent. The most enjoyable part of my job was the kids . – less
Middle School Teacher
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDApril 13, 2015
I loved teaching at Kettering Middle School. I had wonderful students and the best co-workers you could ever ask for. I gained life long friends.
A productive place of business
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits, healthcare, and retirement plan
Cons: relocating can somethimes be a hassle
A typical day consists of daily maintenance to classrooms, bathrooms, offices, hallways, and auditorium. Great co workers that were team players. he most enjoyable part of the job was the summer hours.
Depends on the Management
Physical Education Teacher (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDFebruary 13, 2015
Great schedule and great principal.
The compensation does not always meet their expectations of the school system. Co-workers can be pleasant at times. The students are the always the best part of the job.
Teacher's Aide (Current Employee), Brandywine, MDFebruary 4, 2015
I like working for the county. I dont like that I have been a temp employee since 2008. Other than that, it is great. I need a better job.
Great job to have if you dont mind working in the summer.
Summer Helper (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great people to work with
Cons: heavy steal toe boots
A typical day at work is to show up in the morning sign in when you walk in the door, wait until 7:00am to leave the building, head to the school you are working on, once you arrive you unload the tools – more... needed for the day, work on the roof or on the lockers in the school to change and fix problems. You learn so much on how to work in crowded environments because of summer school. You also learn to change locker combinations for the next year of school and to fix and maintenance problems the lockers may have. The management are amazing and are always there to help you. Your Co-workers are unknown until you have your first day because they change every year. They try to put you with people they know will work best with you to make everyone happy even though most of them are a joy to work with. The hardest part of the job is when the lockers are on top of one another and you have to get up and down all day. The most enjoyable part of the job is you get to listen to music on your phone or iPod, you also get to wear mainly what you want. – less
the students
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee), Springdale, MDNovember 13, 2014
Pros: the children
Cons: not enough breaks
Im a co teacher for special education. Management is wonderful. All my co workers get along real well. the hardest part when my kids cant understand what we teaching them. the enjoyable part when they finally gets it
Fun
Assist teacher (Former Employee), Mount Rainier, MDSeptember 18, 2014
Worked with children that had special needs. Loved watching them learn something new each day.
Great Enviroment
Food Service Assistant (Current Employee), Bladensburg, MDJuly 30, 2014
Love children great place to work. Christian atmosphere. Downtime when kids are napping.
Working with children is a passion
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), District Heights, MDJuly 9, 2014
Over the years within the school system I have had the opportunity to teach 5th, kindergarten, and 3rd grade under long term positions. The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to make a major impact on our youth.
nice place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJune 22, 2014
slow work paced. needed more variety. great place to work if u have kids.
good job security
Food Service Specialist (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJune 16, 2014
Pretty well laid out, consistent, word day plans. Me being the youngest of the employees I had to adjust to the generation differences amongst me and them. The pay was okay if you were content with just enough to get by.
Culture was that of a learning organization
Crisis Intervention Specialist (Former Employee), Seat Pleasant, MDMay 2, 2014
Pros: title 1, free lunch, urban areas.
Cons: communication, stakeholders, lesson plans
While working for Prince George's County Schools, a typical day at work was a continuous learning experience as well as teaching and working with all stakeholders.
Co-workers are the best
Bus Attendant (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDApril 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers and students make each day different and interesting
Cons: no benefits
Overall the co-workes and students make that day go by really fast despite the mismanagement of areas of the company
Great
Paraprofessional (Current Employee), Fort Washington, MDApril 24, 2014
Great place to wrok. You can really grow with this organization.
competitive compensation; great job security; decent culture
ESOL DEPT. CHAIR (Current Employee), Lanham, MDApril 17, 2014
Pros: great compensation package.
Cons: step freeze; no room for growth for teachers with 20 years of experience.
Friendly environment and supportive colleagues and administrators. Great opportunity for continued professional development. Work at time can be overwhelming.
I Enjoy making a difference in the lives of our children.
Principal Secretary (Current Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 4, 2014
I enjoy going to work each day knowing that I am always helpful to someone in my work place (students, staff and/or visitors). My current staff are really positive people/educators. I would recommend this school system to anyone looking to make a positive difference in our young people. I am looking to change my work place due to me relocating.
Very fun place to work
Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Upper Marlboro, MDDecember 3, 2013
I really enjoyed working with all the students everyday was always fun and different. Seeing the students everyday with a smile on their faces made the day go by easier.

Prince Georges County Public Schools Salaries