Prince Georges County Public Schools Employee Reviews

Enlighted Experience
Radio Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 15, 2017
I enjoyed working for this employer and would love the opportunity to gain full time permanent work. I hope that my skills and past experience is a good fit for employment.
itll teach you a lot
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDMay 6, 2017
one thing about it youll be able to take many things from this position and use it to everyday life and different work places it prepares yo for many different things
Go to Montgomery County
Biology Instructor (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDApril 25, 2017
Most traumatic year and a half of my life. Management is very unprofessional. No one follows protocol. You'll probably be harassed by the men. You'll probably witness the teachers having inappropriate relations with the students. The good teachers are slighted. The bad ones are praised. Overworked, underpaid. Everyone's answer to ANY kind of foolishness is "Welcome to PG County." .Save yourself
Productive, family, fun workplace
Dedicated Aide (Current Employee) –  Oxon Hill, MDApril 16, 2017
A typical day was keeping the children on task, helping the children with their lessons, all the children in the classroom and assisting where needed. I have learned that I love my job, the children and the staff, that I enjoyed working with them all, that our school is not only a school, but a family we all would reach out to help each other as a team. The hardest part of the job was leaving, or seeing one of the children transfer to another school. The most enjoyable part was coming to work, helping them learn, assisting them in their lessons and just knowing that I made a difference in their lives, which they would always remember. "The Children Rock".
Pros
seeing the excitement on the childrens faces, when they have achieve their goals.
Cons
Having to leave them
Pgcps
Instructional Lead Teacher HQ (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDApril 3, 2017
I enjoy the job opportunities and growth potential as a PGCPS employee. The climate and culture is conducive for individuals that want to balance work life and home life.
Teaching
Educator (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 4, 2017
Working as an Educator within Prince Georges County Public Schools has been a very rewarding experience.
I started my career within Maryland teaching special Education to 5th grade students with special needs within a Inclusion classroom where there are two teacher. My responsibility was to teach small groups. I taught student who were identified as Special Education students, as well as those students who needed additional support academically and behaviorally.
I eventually were promoted to teaching English within the high school setting. This experience started off challenging. However, I I became more comfortable teaching older students, the better I became.This experience is very rewarding because many of the students now are graduating an entering into college.
Pros
Engaging the students.
Cons
some coworkers are not as vested as I am in educating.
Productive Workplace
Acting Principal, Drew Freeman Middle School (Current Employee) –  Suitland, MDNovember 28, 2016
Great place to work. I was able to get experience working with Title I schools and received great professional development on teaching and learning.
Pros
Professional Development, Datawise, Coherence Framework
Cons
Transient workforce based off of many different school districts nearby
Substitute teacher for grades K-6 and Special Educational
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Prince George's County, MDJune 28, 2016
Exhibited model correct behavior at all times and used positive language to achieve an informal nonthreatening learning environment. On the rare occasion there was no lesson plan,
created one of my own within the concept of the grade I was teaching.
Pros
The look on a child's face when a task is satisfactorily completed.
Cons
Settling a child down when he initially finds out he'll have a substitute
Not recommended
PROGRAM COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 13, 2016
Long hours, no pay raises. PG county- not recommended. Union not supportive, system lacks leadership and does not reflect their mission and vision
Great call center work experience
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJune 10, 2016
I had a very busy yet satisfying experience with the American Red Cross. The work was a lot yet the management was good and the pay could have been better.
Pros
good work space
Cons
bad pay
Productive Place
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MD 20772May 24, 2016
I've been a long-term at Stephen Decatur Middle School in Clinton, MD. A typical day would require me to assist where the need is for grades sixth through eighth. My daily assignments consist of substituting for absent teachers providing constructive and productive assistance to students. This position sometimes requires long-term assignment in one particular study (example: I was just assigned to teach Physical Education while the teacher is out on maternity leave). I enjoy being a great role-model to the students and I love being a great influence in their lives. My day to day events consist of administering the assignments (provided by the teachers) to the students. However, some teachers absents aren't always scheduled, so I have learned to improvise and my actions have always been praised by the Administration. I maintain order, noise, respect, and class participation.
Pros
Being able to encourage positive and creative learning
Cons
Lack of benefits and pay increase
I enjoy work with children who have disabilities
Co-Teacher (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 22, 2016
I enjoy improving the lives of children. In working with children with disabilities is my passion. Seeing these kids is my life. I dedicate my life to theses kids because it is my calling. The day is not predicted because anything can happen at home and they bring it to the school. They are taught on the levels with personal experiences included. My goal is to make them all successful.
Pros
Increase their learning skills and help them to believe in themselves
Cons
When they are being hurt by the people who suppose to be loving them.
nice place to work and grow!!!!
Assist drivers (Former Employee) –  Capital Heights, TNMarch 10, 2016
nice place to work, cool co-workers and management.
most enjoyable part of the job was you were never bored and kept busy. Only thing if you start off temp try to get to know the managers so when spots are open they may choose you.
Pros
good place to work, great pace
Cons
temp jobs are great but can end out of no where.
the hardest part of the job....
Itinerant Special Education Assistant (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDNovember 1, 2015
is the pay, the relationships built and the successes you share with your students and priceless. The schedule is awesome especially for someone that has school age kids themselves and during inclement weather. The hardest part is the pay and advancement, if you are in certain support positions.
Pros
Long lasting relationships and experiences
Cons
low pay and slow advancement
Fun learning experience everyday
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDAugust 17, 2015
a typical day starts with greetings from the students, I have learned when working one on one with students different technique is needed for him/her each child has their own learning style, managing the class centers are used to maintain order, I tend to get along with most of my co-workers, the hardest part of the job is watching a child who has learning disability who wants to understand how to get the work so badly and a parent (who see the problem but where blinders) refuse to sign so that the child can get the help he/she needs, the most enjoyable part about the job is watching the child's eyes get big when he or she finally understands the assignment.
Pgpsc
Music Teacher (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDMay 23, 2015
A very large school district struggling to balance the needs of society with the needs of students. Great benefits, strong union, but the many changes are implemented without follow-through.
benefits
Cons
discipline
Busy
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt elementaryMay 23, 2015
This is a fun job, you get out of it what you put in. My main concern is making sure that the children are safe and are learning and having fun at the same time.

This job could be more organized especially with documents that need to go out to parents. These documents should be given out at least a week in advance instead of the same day as the event.
Pros
Benefits, love the children
Cons
un organized
Love/ Hate Relationship
Special Education Teacher (Current Employee) –  LanhamApril 24, 2015
I love what I do as a Special Educator but it is hard to do so with the amount of demands and the lack of understanding from others including those in higher positions. When I first started in the county I was given no mentor, and no type of guidance what so ever. I was fresh out of college and had to figure things out on my own.
Human Resources is terrible! When you call a number to a department given on the county website you are tossed from person to person or on hold for long periods of time and it seems like no one is willing to help or knows how to help. I could go on but I dont want to sound ungrateful for the things I do have.
Pros
Benefits, paid summers, professional development
Cons
Human Resources, lack of usable resources, confusion
Sometimes stress filled work place, sometimes great place to be
Custodial Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandApril 15, 2015
my day would consist of meetings in the morning, and maintaining control of maintenance issues and cleaning the building. I have learned how to keep things organized. Management is a hit and miss sometimes the are good sometimes the are bad. My co-workers for fun to be around and hard workers for the most part. Most mornings the hard part about my job would be coming to work because management is never consistent. The most enjoyable part of my job was the kids .
Middle School Teacher
Classroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDApril 13, 2015
I loved teaching at Kettering Middle School. I had wonderful students and the best co-workers you could ever ask for. I gained life long friends.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prince Georges County Public Schools. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval