Prince Telecom Inc Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced, fun and challenging
Telcom Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 3, 2016
Prince Telecom is a cable contractor serving Comcast and several other cable providers.

The work is technical, physical and fast paced. Techs work directly with our customer's subscribers and this offers a unique challenge. It requires many skill sets. You have to be good with a customer and you have to be good with electronics. You also have to be a safe effective driver.
Pros
Fun job. Many challenges. Never bored here.
Cons
Not much job security. Long hours.
Horrible
Technician (Former Employee) –  KennewickMarch 2, 2016
You spend all your time here! No family time at all.. be prepared to live at the job! Money is good but everthing after that is horrible. U basically live on the job. Not to mention u get paid per job and if it falls threw 2 hours into it no money for you... waste of time and waste of money because u pay for ur own gas and they "reimburse" u but u spend about 100 a week and receive bout 40 back. Horrible place
Pros
money
Cons
everything from management to ur life is horrible
Contractor jobs are for single men
Prince telecom Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WADecember 9, 2015
Long hours but good money if you hustle. You'll never have a clear time off in this line of work. Don't even think about making plans after work.
Pros
benefits, company vehicle, company phone.
Cons
long hours, inconsistent schedule
Great team members, and fast paced work style
Field Technician (Current Employee) –  Gilroy, CAOctober 14, 2015
The work days are about the same thing day in and day out. You show up to work early and go home late. busy through the day. The best part about the job is the colleagues that i get to work with every day and the in field supervisors that we get to know and work with, i
Pros
The experiences
Cons
Not much life out side of work due to the working hours
Don't wast your TIME !
technician (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJanuary 4, 2016
Company does 2 Drug screens, one before hire and the other after hire , supposedly for your badge.(Doesn't make sense). Company trucks are NOT taken care of, and they all have a sensitive, Drive Cam that will get you a write up and or FIRED. -- PLAN ON PAYING FOR FOR YOUR GAS !

Your start time is 6:30 a.m. and don't leave the office until after 7:30-8 p.m. and NOT PAID, Because it's ALL PEACE Work and Paid Only when you do installs, and they only PAY $1.75 in GAS REIMBURSEMENTS for Driving Company Truck and Route !

If anybody comes from Out of Town? Guaranteed a Write up or someone gets fired ! Plus if you work out of town BYE BYE for 3 Long month's away from home ! (Mandatory everyone will take a turn) Prepare to be Micro Managed.

Training is set up to Fail, (Don't have much of a training program. Just hope your not trained by a new tech that's learning himself.

They will pay the cell phone bill, for the phone they loan you ! Meanwhile your going broke, with the favoritism on Routing ! They say they don't but your checks say other wise.
Pros
Cell Phone they loan to you is Paid -
Cons
I'd LOOK for something else before working here !
Very dissapointing
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Boone, NCSeptember 13, 2015
No management , very low wages. One of the worst companies I've worked for in the 25 years I've been doing Cable Television. Gas purchase exceeds what you are reimbursed...Management has no clue what is going on with anything
Pros
Company truck and tools provided
Cons
Out of pocket gas expence, no management, long hours for low wages
Friendly enviroment with hardworking people to make customers happy.
Assistant Administrative Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 30, 2012
I enjoyed going to work at least 20 minutes earlier to get my morning coffee and get situated at my desk.. Ive learned that if you work hard along with your team mates that we all can surpass our potential.As a manager i know that holding team meeting and voicing ones opinion can be very helpful in opening new doors and ideas to better the company.. My coworkers were awesome.My coworkers understood that there is life outside of the work force and enviroment.The hardest part of my job was working weekends and juggling outside activites with my kids . The most enjoyable part of my job was making customers happy.
Pros
i enjoyed all the potlucks we had for holidays.
Cons
i wasnt that thrilled with the healthcare costs... but made it work to the best of my ability.
Cable Installations
Professional Installation Specialist (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJuly 31, 2014
Its going into peoples houses. Don't be shy. Some days were longer, some where shorter. Also, don't be afraid of heights, or crawlspaces.
Always evolving and changing
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJanuary 4, 2014
Fast passed, day to day there were always changes that you need to adapted to. This kept you on your toes but could also be frustrating.

2.6