Prince Telecom Employee Reviews

Prince
Cable subcontractor (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJune 18, 2017
This company lied about pay.didnt recieve all the pay I was owed. All in all this company was horrible to work for !! Sometimes I worked 20 plus hrs a day
Cons
Long hours low pay
Very Stressful
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEMay 23, 2017
Not good with communication with tech and dispatchers....Terrible....I would would not recommend anyone for this job...very stressful...did not know what each was going to be like...
Pros
N/a
Cons
Sat very long period time while dispatching
Productive and Busy
Technician / Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTMay 23, 2017
I had learned a lot about the function of how TV, phone, and internet services are installed and the primary function of how they work. I really enjoyed the independence of the job. The hardest part of the job I would have to say is working outside in the winter dealing with subfreezing temperatures.
Pros
Great pay with benifits
Cons
work 10-15 hour days
It was ok.
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMay 19, 2017
Worked crazy hours and you get screwed if you don't meet your point quota for the week. This can happen easily if you get stuck at one job during one day during the week. It was ok overall just work fast.
Over worked and Under paid
Field Supervisor/Contractor for Comcast (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 17, 2017
because the had me on salary they got me working over 80 hours a week, including what should have been days off, because they refused to hire more supervisor, it got to the point that 2 of us ran the shop.
Pros
They provide what you need
Cons
If they can the WILL take advantage of you
how to get your comcast legs
Installer Tech (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMay 2, 2017
this is an excellent place to get electrical experience staff here is phenomenal and will really help you succeed if you are motivated to. this is a place I recommend.
managors where great
Cable installer (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAApril 26, 2017
not a lot of room to move up but if you want overtime this is the place as soon as I was on my own I was getting 55 hours a week decent money if you work fast
Pros
manament
Cons
you go up ladders and in cralw spaces?
Driving made interesting, meeting new people
Technician (Former Employee) –  Suffolk, VAApril 24, 2017
Using your own gas in company vehicles wasn't the cheapest but getting equipment and assignments on the company PDA was proficient. Learning an area took time but the customer base was there and meeting new people and on site challenges defiantly kept the job interesting.
Pros
phone/pda
Cons
company truck/personal gas money
Mentally Unhealthy Place to work
DISTRICT ADMIN (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WAApril 17, 2017
No advancement opportunities, not competitive wages or benefits, very unprofessional by managers and supervisors. Don't care about hourly employees. Hired on as an admin but I'm more of data entry and accounts payable and receivable. Not professional at all. Managers brag about their pay increase while telling the hourly employees they can't afford to give a raise more then .30 cents a yr. You have to beg and harass your manager for a review. Wages are 80% less then what the average admin makes in WA state. Managers worry about their bottom line so they don't use the mandatory allowance given to treat their team. Rather they save it to get a higher bonus at the end of the year. Very negative and only recognize you if you made a mistake. Never give compliments for catching issues or going above you job description. Wont back-fill positions but put that work on the current employees with no pay compensation.
Pros
Flexible with making appointments
Cons
Wages are not competitive and a very negative environment.
Managers are selfish and disrespectful.
Warehouse (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 11, 2017
Being a good and efficient employee is oddly rewarded here. Apparently since I am good at any given task at any given moment, i get slammed with extra work already assigned to other departments, only because they are unable to complete duties correctly. Though that is what they were hired for, we want to keep company numbers up so give the best warehouse workers all the extra work cause managers can rely on us. Only thing is, everyones pay stays the same. Also, even though I applied with 5+ years experience, I must show the company how much of other department work and reports i can do for very little compensation, to prove my worth. No raises.
Don't work here
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Washington StateApril 9, 2017
You will not be compensated properly for your time. Hours are not garunteed. You will pay for your own gas. Do yourself a favor and don't work for this company.
Cons
Pay is the worst. Not properly compensated for your time and you pay for your own gas.
Not a good place to work
Project Supervisor/Installer (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAMarch 16, 2017
this is a tough job as a cable television installer. Its a contracted employer that doesn't care at all about it's employees. The manager I worked for was fantastic but the guy ahead of him was awful.
Pros
Cons
too many to list
A unique experience
Production Analyst-Grader (Former Employee) –  Sumner, WAMarch 12, 2017
A typical day at work would be typing and comparing two screens to make sure they matched. Made for long days but essentially was an easy job. The hardest part of my job was remembering codes and how they worked on different tech jobs. The most enjoyable of the job was my co-workers..very friendly and funny.
Pros
benefits, pay, people
Cons
company changing codes all the time
Its comcast.
Cable Installer (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAMarch 3, 2017
I thought this job would be rewarding and interesting but it turned out to be a bunch of unpaid labor. You have to fight for every penny you make here and the boss is not willing to help you do it.
Pros
People feed you in there homes.
Cons
You do a lot of stuff for free.
It's a place of games.
Installer Tech (Current Employee) –  Washington StateJanuary 31, 2017
If you want to make decentish money and have no life at all, then this is the perfect job for you. Also, extremely high stress level. I wouldn't recommend doing this job longer than a few months.
Cons
Too many to list. Take the job and you'll see for yourself.
Fun place to work for
Cable specialists (Current Employee) –  Yakima, WAJanuary 16, 2017
Good job not so well management can be a lot better I feel job was threatening often ,last job resort if need work overall fun place to work and meet a lot of people
Pros
Drive truck home
Horrible company
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTDecember 19, 2016
Horrible company to work for, they do not care about their employees as much as they do covering for themselves. Expect to be ridden every step of the way.
Pros
work fast make money
Cons
bosses wont let you work fast
Laid back work environment
Installer (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2016
Managers are very understanding of your needs and will assist you in any way possible. Co workers are also helpful. Hardest part of the job is wall-fishes and dealing with unruly customers.
Pros
take work truck home. great people.
Cons
gas reimbursement
A conducive environment and opportunity for Growth.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 6, 2016
A typical day work is always a fun. New ideas and new things to learn everyday.Well managed and a good team work and challenging sometimes.
Pros
Financial security
Cons
challenging
Awesome Co-workers
Warehouse Clerk (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEOctober 28, 2016
It was great to meet new people all of the time and I enjoyed working with a great group. However, upper management and the corporate employees are all about themselves and making an extra buck. They have no appreciation for the guys that actually do the work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prince Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6