Prince Telecom Employee Reviews in United States

Challenging and Educational
Lead Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2016
Responsible for assigning jobs and creating logs for all work issued. Learned the importance of noting a customers account in details and how the little mistakes as a Contractor can take away from the overall profit. If given longer could have helped to develop a better team for the company and the profit that could have been made. Getting technicians to focus on completing jobs as a whole and not just a sub-contractor. Knowing that 30 days after taking over dispatch that the company showed actual profit for the first time in a year.
Pros
Allowed a lot of overtime for completing jobs.
Cons
A lot of 6 day work weeks and 12 hour days.
Success based on Production, not for everyone
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Marmora, NJMay 25, 2016
Received training for cable technician. Great information and you learn alot about cable. Takes time and experience to understand all the fundamentals on the actual field. Downside are the hours worked per day, not enough time to recover your body, and you feel that the production that you work for isn't enough.
Pros
Fulfilling work, benefits, learning a trade
Cons
Short breaks, constantly tired, compensation
Long hours but great pay.
Telecommunication Technician (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WIFebruary 4, 2016
Here I installed telecommunications to residential homes. The company was fair and management worked just as much if not more than us. They give you your route everyday and let you loose to manage what and how you did your route. As long as it was with in the time slots of each job. The hardest part was mandatory 6 days a week and rotational Sundays. Typical weeks we would work 50-65 hours each week.
Every day is different
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAApril 26, 2016
Can be a fun job, provided you don't mind crawling under houses and working in the dark and in the cold. Working near utility lines can be dangerous.
Pros
Meeting lots of new people
Cons
Can get really dirty
Good Company
Cable Technician both residential and commercial (Former Employee) –  Holly Ridge, NCJanuary 4, 2016
Drove a company truck to each job and customer's house. Installed cable, internet, and phone for Charter. Have great customer skills with the customers. Had to lift heavy cable wire and ladders.
Pros
Not having someone standing over your back while you are working.
Cons
Lifting a ladder onto a telephone pole when there are 30 mph. winds.
A productive environment
Installer (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 13, 2016
This is a nice company with good people. A place you can express your talent.Work with this company is good for any biggner. But no opportunity for growth.
Good place to Work
cable technician (Former Employee) –  Northmoor, MOJanuary 19, 2016
Great place to work but they like to keep a lot of things hush hush, they also like to have 1 system pay for another systems expenses so one looks bad. Really enjoyed my time working there. I really wish they would have kept the shop open and gave it the support it needed.
Great group of guys
Cable, phone and internet Tech (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CANovember 17, 2015
Would arrive at work before 7:00 am, for a team meeting before starting the day. The day would consist of driving around to different homes and either installing; cable, internet, and phone service..or fixing and issues with already installed services. Co- workers were all good guys. The hardest part of the job would probably be crawling under houses and going into attics. The most enjoyable part was fixing an issue that a costumer had and brightening their day.
Overworked and poorly paid.
Installer (Former Employee) –  Janesville, WINovember 16, 2015
Mornings are spent in a mandatory company wide performance review which normally took 1 - 1.5 hrs and served no perpose other than to humiliate a few employees. After said meeting, the newer guys were overloaded with work and sent the furthest away while the experienced guys were kept close to home loaded with easy money making jobs..

No inter-company continuity with sprint based phones which work great in the city but, the further away you get, the worse the reception.. (New guys get screwed)..

Great company with poor internals/management.
We were a subcontractor for Charter and I made it a fun place to work.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAOctober 31, 2015
The Area Manager and myself worked hand and hand to keep the company fully manned and ready for any type of disasters arisen.
During snow and ice storm we were always above demand per our contract with our MSO. Other than that the crew loved being under my supervision.
Pros
company vehicle and gas card
Cons
always cutting the workers paychecks.
Busy and a productive work place
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMarch 1, 2016
I have learned how to run a business. I was able to direct employees to be a successful intricate part of the success of the business.
Installing comcast equipment
Cable and alarm technician (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAFebruary 4, 2016
I loved this job the company not so much there was no room for improvement the never gave me a raise in my pay you work you butt off and get not much for it
challenging in good way
Telecommunication technician (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 8, 2016
Telecommunication technician. Provided technical services in customers' homes, ranging from TV, internet, and phone services connection and trouble shooting in a different environments and sometimes under unique conditions. I was also a field trainer for new/potential employees.

I learned how to deliver the best service to my customers in their environment (their home).

There are certain issues with working in technical world simply due to lack of a perfect technology! you would go to customers house to deliver them a service, and in many occasions the equipment would be faulty which would cause customer and technician frustration. in such cases the coworkers could be very supportive if they were working in the same area. however, the main telecommunication company (Charter) would not respond to you in a timely manner; long periods of waiting on phone for some one to provision the device.

the most enjoyable part was completing a complex job and seeing the satisfaction in my customers' eyes.
Cons
inadequate support for technicians in the field
Work place was fun
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  4045 South WesternFebruary 1, 2016
There were a lot of fun time there but if you were not a technician you didn't get paid a lot of money. The place was very laidback and non stressful.
Pros
Fun
Cons
no job security
Fantastic Job!!! Loved it!
Cable Technician Installer (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAOctober 13, 2015
made a great living while I was there. the job is really fun and at times hard but if you hustle, you can do very well.. its piecework and you basically at your own pace.. stop and eat when you want etc...
Pros
company truck supplied as well as tools and equipment..
Cons
pay for your own gas
Great management and plenty of guidance
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIOctober 17, 2015
My typical day was to show up at the office and grab any equipment I may need for the day. After that was completed I would set out and complete the list of jobs I had, and would get through out the day.
Pros
Work by your self
Cons
Long days
Warehouse
Technician and Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CAJuly 30, 2015
Putting together tech orders for their daily jobs. Receiving material that I would order at Comcast. The hardest part of this job was not having a second warehouse person to relieve me. The most enjoyable part of my job at Prince was learning about the cable industry and managing my own cable material inventory and keeping it in stock at all times.
Pros
good pay
Cons
as a contracted company through Comcast, work was not always going to be guaranteed.
learning and helpfull
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Turnersville, NJDecember 1, 2015
drive to different locations to install cable get the proper equipment to install into peoples homes drill wholes and run wires also fill out paper work
fun and productive
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAOctober 26, 2015
Installed cable television cables and equipment on customers' premises, using electrician's tools and test equipment.
´éč Responsible for driving and maintain a company truck every day.
Good to work for.
Cable Tech (Current Employee) –  Reno, NVSeptember 17, 2015
Needs more organized, detailed, and working environment. The Supervisor wasn't really cooperative with field technicians. Specially when the techs need help in the field.
Pros
Good practice and learning experience
Cons
Not a good company to work for.

2.6