Prince William County Government Employee Reviews

Pwcsb
Intensive In-Home Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 24, 2018
I enjoyed working for Prince William County Services Board and would seek opportunities there if I was still currently living in the area. My supervisors were awesome. Everyone was eager to assist and the environment was very positive.
Pros
Collaboration
Cons
Part time
Faced paced, but enjoyable
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Prince William County, VAFebruary 6, 2018
Working in a jail is stressful, you have home stress and job stress. But i was able to balance both, i enjoyed my job and learned something new everyday.
Great place to live and work!
Management and Fiscal Analyst (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 2, 2018
Prince William County Government is a great place for leadership development and overall professional growth. The work environment is supportive and management strives to develop their employees.
Pros
Friendly work environment.
Cons
The area is not as developed as the larger surrounding counties.
Strong supportive work environment
DD Suport Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VADecember 11, 2017
Prince William County is great work place that offers stability and supports family. The goal to maintain a work life balance but it is sometimes difficult because of the current job demands.
Perhaps the best place I have ever worked
Programming Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dale City, VANovember 25, 2017
I was the IT Programming Department Supervisor, and this was a great job. Most of my staff were extremely good, I could count on, they were productive, capable, mature, and just very good people.

County supported Departments and Agencies were filled with dedicated staff.

My superiors were excellent! The Operations Department manager was friendly, very capable, and very helpful! The office staff were friendly and always willing to assist.

Had I stayed I would have been retired by now, but I had a moral decision to make regarding family.
Pros
Great people and great job
Good benefits but the hours are hard to deal with.
Corrections Officer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAOctober 19, 2017
1. Typical day at work: Standard day at the Prince William County ADC consisted of working alone or with a partner watching over a pod of inmates. You do unit checks every hour and constantly keep track of inmate counts throughout the day.
Benefits
Cons
Working Hours
A good job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAOctober 7, 2017
Overall my experience with Prince William County Schools was fantastic. I would go back if they would let me. Once you leave, for any reason, you can't go back.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Inability to go back
A solid choice for local government
Communications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VASeptember 4, 2017
Prince William County is a fast growing area in the Washington DC metro area. It is a good place to work and offers a good career for people who want to work close to home / away from DC. Sadly, a conservative board of supervisors often limits potentials for success. Because of this, it pays much lower than surrounding jurisdictions.
great people .great pay efficent communivation good follow up
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAAugust 19, 2017
Fantastic training program.Drivers simulator is true to life experience,helps to expect the unexpected .Drivers made to feel they are part of a te and help out with each other's route of needed
buses are kept I'm good condition and are inspected for defects and repairs quickly and efficiently.On the spot repairs
Pros
great pay great benefits
Cons
short drivers
Poorly managed place with friends selecting friends in top positions.
Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 21, 2017
Poorly managed place with friends selecting friends for top positions. There's no room to grow and the salaries are lower than the salaries for same jobs in other counties. My boss was horrible. She was rude and incompetent. The HR works against you if you complain. What a nightmare!
Pros
Cons
Nepotism, resulting in incompetent management.
Typical Government Jobs
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 30, 2017
What can you say. Its the government. Job security is good but it does take a long time to get anything done. Most workers take time of projects because of the checks and balances they have to go through.
Pros
Government
Cons
Government
Run away if you have any clinical and ethical standards
Therapist (Current Employee) –  JailJune 23, 2017
Run fast if you are a professional clinician who does their job for the right reasons, otherwise you will be pressured into accepting "common practices" that are unethical immoral and borderline inhumane. If you have a conscience don't work here; it'll bring you nothing but trouble. This place is all about being seen, not heard. If you dare speak out you will suffer the consequences for "rocking the sinking boat;" no wonder they are not an accredited Jail.
Pros
Doing what I love
Cons
Immoral and corrupt behavior accepted, clique city, can be intoxicated at work
Camp Counselor
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJune 13, 2017
Supervise and teach children ranging from 5 to 13 years old.
Safety and guidance during activities and field trips.
Boat and Marina maintenance during off hours.
Pros
outdoors and fun
Cons
hot
I enjoyed working for PWC I hope to work for them again in the future.
Child Protective Investigator (Former Employee) –  Prince William County, VAMay 24, 2017
I enjoyed working for PWC I hope to work for them again in the future. They provide excellent training for their employees, and the managers do look after their workers.
local gov
ACCOUNTING ASSISTANT II (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 9, 2017
They provide great benefits. You have room to grow with in the county. They have a great retirement plan. Some people need to retire to make room for others.
benefits
Cons
seniority always rules
Productive workplace
Recruit (Former Employee) –  Nokesville, VAMarch 9, 2017
Learned about the legal system.
Daily training.
Management was well organized, and goal oriented.
Management worked as a team.
Great workplace culture.
Challeging, fast pace, rewarding workplace
Child Protective Service Investigator (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAFebruary 2, 2017
A typical day at work consists of investigating emergency crisis with and without law enforcement, licensing, and risk management related to preventing and eliminating child abuse and neglect. When I'm not responding to cases, I am completing contact information, filing old and new cases, updating contacts in the home, meeting with clients and collaterals, making and receiving calls, advocating and referring clients to resources both in and outside of our agency, and this is just to name a few things.
Pros
Don't clock in or out
Cons
Can work late and long hours without warning
Good work place
Therapist ll (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJanuary 6, 2017
Work is always plentiful. The supervisor is a micro manager which is hard to be independent and spread your wings. The client population is difficult but if a positive difference is made "it's worth it".
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Treated horribly
Interviewed for a management position (Former Employee) –  Prince William County, VASeptember 3, 2016
I don't work here, but interviewed for a position with the library system. I was treated horribly at the interview. After the way I was treated, I have absolutely zero interest in working with them.
Pros
Good reputation in the community.
Cons
Cliquish.
Prince William County
Development Services Tech II (Current Employee) –  Prince William, VAJanuary 19, 2016
We issue about 600 permits a week. Personally I issue about 100 a week, answer phones, troubleshoot issues. The pay is very low and not comparable to other counties for the same position.
Pros
Leave
Cons
Low Pay