Prince William County Service Authority Employee Reviews

Your work pays off.
Administrator /Technical Operations (Current Employee) –  WoodbridgeAugust 16, 2015
Great company to work for, has grown a lot in previous few years. great and friendly work environment, management is understanding.
Fun
UTILITY WORKER (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VANovember 4, 2014
Installed, serviced, maintained, regulated, repaired and replaced plumbing lines, fixtures, fittings, and equipment
Tested plumbing and water systems, diagnosed malfunctions and determined repair need
Adjusted and replaced auxiliary pumps, dishwashers, drinking fountains, faucets, and toilets
Ordered, shipped, and received merchandise to replenished stock
Checked invoices against items received along with providing excellent customer service support
Responded to help desk maintenance calls
Delivered merchandise to customers
Provided routine administrative duties such as copying and filing
Loaded and unloaded trucks for delivery
Consulted and applied knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions including work-zone setups.
Pros
Cons
BREAKS YES
review
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAMay 29, 2014
Bad company. Bad benefits. Employees hate working there. Would not recommend working here.
Ok to wok
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 20, 2013
They don't advance you they do not help you get further all they want you to do is show up and work do not care about your safety
Not a good place to work!
Former (Former Employee) –  MooneyJuly 23, 2013
If you do not mind backstabbing people and bad management this is the place for you! The overall lack of morals in the tenured staff is incredible!
Pros
hard working NEW low level employees
Cons
Horrible management and entitled tenured staff
All in all, is this a horrible place to work? No it is not. But it is the kind of place that gives the public sector a bad rap.
Water Authority (Current Employee) –  Woddbridge, VAJanuary 16, 2013
I have worked at the Prince William County Service Authority a few months now. I find that the work is pretty easy, so much so, I highly doubt most of the full-time (tenured) could hack it outside of this public sector company. My main complaints would be there is too much DRAMA, backstabbing, high turnover and general laziness in some employees at the PWCSA.

First, there seems to be an excessive amount of drama and over-reacting, especially coming down from some Senior Managers. Projects or task that should be simple and straight forward usually involve a lot of over-exaggerated huffing-and-puffing. It is rather sad since attitude easily rolls downhill to the employees that see this type of defiance.

Second, a lot of people talk negatively about each other. Sometimes bordering insubordination. I have listened to Senior Managers openly belittling decisions by the General Manager in front of their subordinates. Senior Managers and employees would trash talk other Senior Managers, employees, etc. to whomever would listen. The environment is all around negative.

Finally, there is the high-turnover and laziness. High performing employees do not seem to be rewarded or appreciated. However, employees who just met the Status-Quo or were even subpar could easily slip by. Hence my original comment, “I highly doubt most of the full-time (tenured) could hack it outside of this public sector company. “ In just my short time here, I have watched some really talented people leave. And since this is Prince William County, it is not like the Talent Pool is very deep here.

All in all, is
  more... this a horrible place to work? No it is not. But it is the kind of place that gives the public sector a bad rap. I spend a lot of time banging my head against the wall because of the backwards processes and lack of due diligence. I get paid decent, not compared to the rest of NOVA, but I do not look forward to going to work every day due to the excessive drama, negative attitudes and laziness. I hear people talking about, “how it used to be.” Maybe it’s a Management/Moral issue? Who knows? But in general, employees do not seem happy here, at all, and it seems to stem from a few key individuals.  less
Pros
read my review.
Cons
read my review.
Employee do not Work
Nothing (Former Employee) –  County Complex Ct, Dale City, VAOctober 23, 2012
I have been with Prince William County Government now for 5 months (County Complex Ct, Dale City, VA) and let me tell you that the most of them do not work. I have noticed employees just walking around and talking about football games (nothing to do - appearently no work to be done) or getting on the phone for the day (not job related). I just want the tax payer to know were there money is. Real great place to work (if you can call it that).... There are more Pros then Cons.
Pretty laid back job. Its onlt busy when there's a big cut list.
Emergency Dispatch Monitor (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAAugust 27, 2012
Typical day working here: customer's calling to inquiry about a bill or why they were interrupted
What i've learned: have patience, learn to deal with irate customers
Management: My manager is really nice and straight forward
Hardest part of job: don't have one
Most enjoyable part of the job: working with a variety of backgrounds
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
not full-time
Great place to work!
Multimedia Production Specialist (Current Employee) –  Spittle Building - Woodbridge, VAAugust 25, 2011
I love working for the Prince William County Service Authority. I only have to work 35 hours a week for regular employee status and even as an entry-level employee I am eligible for flex-days and flex-hours.

2.9