Prince William Hospital Employee Reviews

Excellent hospital
NURSE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 20, 2017
The staff were always friendly and loved teaching patients and other staff alike. The learning environment was conducive if you want to become a nurse, technician, or even a doctor..
Pros
Fun environment
Challenging and dysfunctional workplace
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 18, 2017
My nights were extremely busy with a heavy nurse to patient ratio. I learned how to manage my time more efficiently. My nursing manage was only there a few months prior to me being hired. Her management skills were not strong. There was a very high rate of turn over for the nursing staff, so it was a challenge to remain steady when a new nurse was hired. The hardest part was definitely the language barrier. I worked in an area that had a large Spanish population that did not speak English and I didn't speak Spanish. I made cheat sheets and learned small terms to help. I loved my patients. They always taught me something new everyday.
Pros
Great benefits and opportunities for advancement
Cons
Lack of training, language barriers
Loved every moment of the job, challenging as it was. Very rewarding work.
Director of Patient Financial Services (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 11, 2017
My office, to include myself and my 30 person staff, were responsible for billing and collecting about 12 million dollars of business monthly. The world of healthcare was ever changing with new rules for billing, etc. It was definitely not a stagnant job. I would not have left if the health system had not sold to a large hospital chain. When they took over management of the health system, the first to go were the CFO down in the Accounting Departments. The new owner brought in all of their own staff for the majority of Director and higher positions. It was very sad to leave, but I will admit that I did not miss the very long hours. I worked 12+ hour days here and weekends were time to catch up. Very demanding and hard on family.
Great place to work.
Perinatal Surgical OR Technician (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VA 20110April 21, 2017
Helping hand instruments to labor and delivery doctors. Cleaning and stocking inventory and prepping for surgeries. the most enjoyable part of the job was assisting the doctors with successful C-sections.
I enjoyed the medical staff. The environment was stressful at times given the nature of the business, but very supportive staff
RN Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 13, 2017
Prince William Hospital is a fairly small hospital but has several services despite it's size. The ER sees a large pediatric population and is very involved with the community. The area is very transient and therefore the turnover was greater than what I was used to.
Pros
very supportive staff, very involved with the community
Cons
very transient area
Safety concerns
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 4, 2017
Necessary medical equipment and supplies were lacking, ER part-time and per diem RNs were sent home to accommodate full-time float pool RN hours. Multiple shifts were staffed by float pool RNs with little to no ER experience.
horrible work experience
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  manassas vaOctober 30, 2016
I never had a job where I was glad to be terminated. I would rather be unemployed than work there again. I wish that I could say something good about my experience there.
Pros
Cons
backstabbing coworkers
Great team organization
Generalist/Histology Lead Technologist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 5, 2016
Enjoyed my job. A stimulating variety of job tasks, from generalist in the main lab, to Autopsy assistant in Pathology. I learned new medical information daily from the Pathologists which I was able to apply to my daily work.
loved the staff I worked with
ER RN (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 18, 2016
busy Emergency Room nurse working with patients, starting IV, giving meds, doing medical procedures ordered by doctors
Pros
good staff, salary, benefits
Cons
understaffed
Great hospital to work for
NUCLEAR MEDICINE TECHNOLOGIST (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 12, 2015
Small hospital but busy, Great employees feels like family and management I never had any issue. little out of the way has a small town feel to it.
PWH a great company
Staff Accountant (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAAugust 16, 2014
As a staff accountant I was given many opportunities to learn new things from the controller.

PWH sold and many of us lost our jobs. Prior to that sale we had a great Controller and a great set of co-workers.

We all worked together to meet deadlines and to help each other to learn what each person did.
Pros
Afforded us the ability to learn new things/ Great benefits
Cons
No job advancement opportunities, no flex time, no interactions with immediate staff doing fun things..all work
previous employee
RN (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJuly 8, 2014
Poor management skills on unit. Supervisor/charge nurses should treat all employees equal and be willing to help staff out in a time of need. Scheduling was not flexible or easy to change as was presented at the time of my interview.
Pros
co-workers on floor where very pleasant to work with
Cons
management, supervisiors
Skilled workers in the workplace
Student Nurse / Clinical Rotations (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAApril 16, 2014
During my clinical rotations at this hospital, I have met many skilled and knowledgeable healthcare workers. They are very professional and are willing to teach anyone.
Very busy, high pace
Food and Nutrition Tech (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VaApril 2, 2014
I would just typically run trays from the kitchen to patients and vice versa. Help co workers as much as I could when I wasn't busy.
Pros
fun co workers, food
Cons
management was horrible, didn't really care for us.
Growing hospital
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 19, 2014
I loved working there with the wonderful staff. The radiologists were easy to work with, also.
Hospital environment with limited flexible work hours
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 21, 2014
I got the opportunity to learn and understand business systems and processes that are used at hospitals.
Small Dentist Office
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJanuary 17, 2014
This was my first dental job after graduating from college with a degree in dental hygiene.
I learned a lot at this position.
I work here
Communications Technician (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VADecember 22, 2013
Midnights are the best. Pay not so great but the people at night are pretty good.
great place to work
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 26, 2013
• Obtaining eligibility and benefits along with setting up precertification for our case management team for all inpatient hospital stays

• Ensuring authorizations and benefits are completed on daily basis for all outpatient procedures

• Collecting co-pays, surgery deposits, and payments on patients bills

• Helping the uninsured and under insured patients with financial assistance

Pros
great people to work with
Cons
far away from home
good place to work
Student (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VAJune 25, 2013
Good place to work if money is not an issue. Great people, nice atmosphere....