Princess Cruises Employee Reviews

Fun
Reservations Sales (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 21, 2017
Princess Cruises was much fun to work at. The low pay and lack of benefits was the only thing that made this a job and not a career. Exceptional place to work with friendly people.
Pros
great place
Cons
Low pay no benefits
No home/work life balance
Major Role - Direct Sales (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CASeptember 21, 2017
In the direct sales department; they have shift bids which means every 5-6 months your shift changes. They also only observe 3 holidays a year and getting weekends off is next to impossible unless you request the time 6+ months in advance. Yes, you get vacation time but it's useless since they hardly approve your request. High turn-overs, I only stay because of the commute - I work from home.
Pros
work from home
Cons
no home/work life balance
Wonderfull experience
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa ClaritaSeptember 16, 2017
It was a nice experience!!but the fact that you don't experience the real world and you cannot raise a family it's the reason I left!
Pros
Free meals and accommodation
Cons
No real time off
productive and fast pace
Commodity Inspector (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 11, 2017
Work days were busy and productive. Always a challenge requiring my staff and I to think and rethink the processes, giving an opportunity to learn something new and update the procedures for meeting a deadline. Opportunity to learn various countries processes and laws. Each ship's requirement while supplying first grade customer service.
Pros
Flexible schedule when needed or required. Company gatherings
Cons
Health care at time were expensive.
Muy interesante y divertido
Cruceros (Former Employee) –  Los angeles californiaSeptember 11, 2017
En esta trabajo tuve la oportunidad de aprender muchas cosas . culturas , gastronomía, lenguas, gente . fue una gran experiencia
Pros
Imss
Cons
Todos los dias se laboran
Buen abiente de teabajo, divertido,viajes
primer cocinero (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CASeptember 10, 2017
Crecimiento personal,viajes, experiencia e idiomas
Pros
Seguro medico
The princess Alaskan lodges are beautiful
Spa Therapist (Former Employee) –  Denali Park, AKSeptember 9, 2017
While you work for princess Alaskan lodges they make sure you have time off to enjoy the beauty of Alaska. This was also the best paying job I ever had and it was only for a short summer season. As the only downfall of this job is that it's sesonal!
Princess Criuses
Senior Management (Former Employee) –  USSeptember 3, 2017
Senior Management on board the cruise liner, working in bouquets. Working on a cruise ship was very long hours but enjoyable l was able to meet different people from all over the world.

A very strict work ethic as we were on duty most of the time to assist passengers, to help and guide them when required.
A relaxed ebvironment where the mainframe is crucial as it hosts the booking and reservation system.
Mainframe Systems Programmer (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 31, 2017
A typical day consists of first monitoring the system with Mainview monitor, look at emails for issues and then bring up our DR system, where I can test changes (as it mirrors production).
Pros
Work with great people on important systems
Cons
Alas, we got outsourced!
Empresa séria
Garçonete de bar (Former Employee) –  MiamiAugust 31, 2017
Por ser um trabalho a bordo, era intenso. Trabalhava 12 horas por dia, de domingo a domingo. Foi uma experiência legal onde conheci muitas pessoas e lugares incríveis.
Pros
Tudo é pago por eles. Alimentação, hospedagem e vôos.
Cons
Refeição da tripulação de má qualidade.
Fantastic work life balance
Assistant Cruise Director (Former Employee) –  onboardAugust 25, 2017
Fantastic Work/ Life combination, i was in the entertainment department so i had great perks including officer status, deck privileges and my own cabin. I was also keeping guests entertained and socializing which made my job demanding but incredibly fun.
Traveling the world, meeting new and interesting people while making friends for life was one of the best experiences of my life.
Pros
Free Travel, Low cost of life
Cons
Long demanding work days and contracts.
language skills
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  usaAugust 14, 2017
i learned how to devolope my customer skills
and customer handling was also a good experience to travel the world .but the working atmosphere was not that good wher we can feel to work on your own
Exciting and Challenging
/Professional Dancer (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 11, 2017
Great company! Always up to date with payments. Working on a ship is a very special and unique situation. As a dancer, I had one of the best experiences of my life!
fun work place
Accomadation attedant (Former Employee) –  USAAugust 11, 2017
I don't like my supervisor does not appricate my hard-working that's all.....If work hard I expect the supervisor to spots it and respect me...but I must go on for I hope one day I will advance forward
Fun working place with Billiards table.
IOS DEVELOPER (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAAugust 3, 2017
A pleasure working with this company having the challengeable task assosiated to me. The workplace is under Agile methodology.
Main part of my job is in testing field who has to create the development and production part of the application.
Come back stressed
Cruise Vacation Planner (Current Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 27, 2017
I was not pleased with how management took care of their employees. They played favorites and micromanaged the ones who weren't as successful as others. My direct supervisor was very condescending and when you tried to get help from others, no one was available. Other departments are rude if you seem a burden to them and HR takes a long time to get back to you on complaints or needs. They claim to be accountable but I received so many complaints from guests who were treated poorly.
Fast paced global cruise line
Director, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJuly 23, 2017
i started with Princess Cruises as a part time reservations agent and ended my time with them as the Director of Customer Relations. I worked directly with customers, travel agents and our field sales staff. I demonstrated an ability to master skills allowing me to continually be promoted. I gained strong knowledge in staff management and customer service. I was also able to use my writing skills at great length and often wrote mass communications for staff members and customers.
Pros
Travel Benefits
Cons
24 hour operation
The most unhappy I've ever been at work.
Direct Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Valencia, CAJuly 23, 2017
Management was never available for questions I had. Many messages and emails went unanswered when I asked for guidance or clarification. I've felt unimportant and isolated. Just another number in the system. I was almost written up for something that was incorrectly reported in the system and all they said was 'oops'. No true apology or effort to make me feel secure that it wouldn't happen again.
Fun place to work at
denali princess lodge (Former Employee) –  alaskaJuly 18, 2017
Meet people and learn lots. Great travel benefits along with discounts inside the company. Was based out of alaska which was amazing. Cruise benefits.
Good work place
DCDP (Former Employee) –  USAJuly 13, 2017
It was fun working with different nationalities and the world class chefs the standard of working is complete different compared to India it is very strict and disciplined

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princess Cruises. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2