Princeton Healthcare System Employee Reviews in United States

good learning experience
Coordinator, Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 27, 2016
attending to visitors, patients and volunteers, managing phone calls, taking messages, scheduling appointments and volunteer shifts, preparing training documentation, orientation of new volunteers and training at guest relations, data entry and maintaining records of discretion.

Interacting with volunteers ranging in different age groups (high school students through senior citizens) personable experience.

management is very good, team effort at the helm amongst coworkers

do not have any difficult situations at all

interacting with people on a daily basis
Pros
excellent workplace atmosphere
Inept manager
Case Management RN (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 23, 2016
The manager of case management is clueless. Has never worked as a case manager and has no idea what the job entails. Not supportive and is not compassionate of the departments needs. The new director is very knowledgable but unfortunately this does not compensate for the ineptness of the manager. I am currently looking for a new place of employment.
Pros
It is an aesthetically beautiful hospital.
Cons
Expensive cafeteria, inept management, understaffed, overworked and 1 or 2 slacker peers.
Excellent organization to work for
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMarch 19, 2016
Enjoy going to work every day. My co-workers are the best! Very busy day,never run out of work to do. Beautiful building. Staff and management are very knowledgeable in their respective areas of expertise.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Departments need more staff
Productive And Team oriented Workplace
Department Secretary Homecare Services (Current Employee) –  Princeton Jct, NJNovember 25, 2015
My day consists of entering patient information into Allscripts, answering phones, Verifying Insurance, ICD-10 coding. The hardest part of my job is Hospice.
The most enjoyable is making someone feel better by just listening.
n/a
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 16, 2016
Princeton Medical Center is a good place to work. Management has changed a lot thoughout my year that I have been here. My night shift team works very well together.
The dream does not meet the reality
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 16, 2015
The perception to the general public is that this is a wonderful company to be in treatment at and to work for. Unfortunately this is not the case for the employee and as are result patients suffer. They bully qualified clinicians who know more than management and who are vocal and promote those who stay quiet and kiss butt. They hire inexperienced clinicians so they don't have to pay as much and force qualified clinicians out not being mindful of the high risk patients that attend program there. Management is horrible and targets employees who they identify as problems (those who do not kiss butt and advocate for the clients instead of the bottom line). They advocate for self care when you first start and the moment you try to engage in it you're written up. Management leaves early and takes days off to attend to family matters and that's OK. But when you try to do it they threaten to write you up. Run. Don't walk away from this company.
Pros
Other QUALIFIED clinicians
Cons
Favoritism, no room for advancement, inexperienced staff, high burnout, inexperienced management
N/a
medical records (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 1, 2015
The salary is not great, sometime no increase. Co-workers are ok wish they would have more incentives for employees. There is not much more to say.
Pros
Manager will work with you
Cons
Salary
A confidence building job
CPR and First Aid Instructor (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 31, 2015
A typical day at work consists of setting up the classroom for about 20 or more students and teaching and instructing them on the proper method of CPR.

I've learned many teaching techniques, as well as how to take command of a crowd without being abrasive.

Management is works with their employees very well to create a great environment for students and instructors.

My Co-workers and I share all instructional duties and work. They are very pleasant and capable

The most difficult part of the job is relaying information to those that have a language barrier. I do however manage to work around it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to learn and interact with new people
Pros
interaction with new people
Cons
language barriers
Exercise room
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 6, 2015
Clean productive, professional and friendly healthcare system. Regular meetings to update employees with changes within the healthcare system
Pros
free lunches given at meetings or educational classes
Cons
Short breaks
great place to work with a diverse population
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  PrincetonJanuary 6, 2015
Princeton Healthcare system has many great opportunities as a healthcare facilities. With a diverse population you will learn new skills of communications and patience on how to deal with different populations.
Typical day at work is dealing with patients or customers depending on job specifications.
Management can be difficult, depending on the specificarions of the job.
The hardest part of the job to me is tedious work because I love a challenge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is completing a job assignment or making the customers/patients satisfied.
Pros
flexibility of work schedule
Cons
short breaks
Passive Aggressive Atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Princeton House HamiltonSeptember 24, 2013
I was thrilled to get a part-time job as a Driver for Princeton House in Hamilton. After experiencing many instances of favoritism including racism and sexism during my short tenure, I was let go at my three-month review. A previous reviewer mentioned butt-kissing, favorites, and inept management, all with which I agree were big problems there.
Pros
most of the staff are genuinely very nice.
Cons
mismanagement, favoritism, hostile work environment, scheduling issues, little training, damned if you do - damned if you don't
Good customer service oriented. A not too bad place to work.
Financial Counselor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 4, 2012
Great place to work, a very fast paste job, majority of co-workers are great and fun to work with.

The hardest part of the job is working with individual who are afraid you are too qualify for the job and you might take their jobs. At such continually underminding your progress and management allows the booing.

Most enjoyable part is working with the consumers and other entities involved.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
no good traininers, you must figure out for yourself.
Princeton Healthcare system overall 5 star
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  plainsboro PRINCETONFebruary 27, 2015
My typical day begin with my work load for the day to see patient assess and supervise chha and nurses. enjoy the challenge my job entail.
Princeton House- Mt. Lucas
Primary Therapist (Former Employee) –  Princeton HouseOctober 28, 2012
Staff morale is low, there is a lack of communication between administration and staff, management plays favorites with staff, pay is lower than other companies for the same position, and the overall attitude of many staff members is that they are better than the patients they work with. Overall, turnover is pretty high and I would not return to work here.
Cons
administration
Run do not walk away from UMCPP
PAS (Former Employee) –  UMCPPJune 21, 2013
The PAS manager, and supervisor are ignorant, they do not have your back, the director is clueless , the hospital is bleeding money, the volume of patients is minimal, every day you have patients screaming at you with no one there to help, the training is non existent , your coworkers are afraid of losing there jobs so they tell on each other.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
everything about the place
A toxic work environment
Admissions clinician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 17, 2013
Had I read hear reviews before accepting the job, I may have had an idea for what I was getting myself into. I learned a lot about the healthcare field and good customer service, but it was at the cost of my being bullied by direct supervisors with no help from HR. The administration is very quick to pick favorites (usually the ones who kiss butt) and use any mistakes or write ups from months passed against you constantly. HR is NOT on your side and will probably be in your dismissal meeting. Training is awful, besides any help you get from fellow coworkers. This place would send me home feeling dejected and worthless, constantly pondering what I've done wrong and how I could improve. A note to management- just because you hold an LCSW does in no way qualify you to manage an entire department.
Pros
friendly admissions staff
Cons
management
Productive and enthusiastic environment
Outpatient Lab Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 27, 2014
Typical day at work goes like this, I go in and greet everyone, check all the work i did the day before and then start the next process. management was great, very organized and all the workers follow the order from the superiors.
Excellent new facility and Excellent coworkers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJApril 22, 2013
The new facility is beautiful, and is a large campus with diverse services to serve the community. The staff is extemely hardworking, friendly and dedicated .
no room for advancement
Desktop Support Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 25, 2013
left because promises made were never kept. little resources to work with. management not helpful. co workers were great. management was bad
Per Diem
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  princeton njApril 8, 2013
Limited work, but I learned a lot and advanced my skills. The hardest part of this job is having to deal with loss of a patient.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no stable work