Princeton Healthcare System Employee Reviews in United States

Well rounded place to work.
Senior Accountant & Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Finance OfficesJune 1, 2016
Princeton Healthcare System is typically a casual environment where you are empowered to complete your work how it best suits you. The deadlines are strict, but reasonable. I have been given the opportunity to challenge myself by improving the processes in place by the people that assumed my role in the past. I also get to enjoy optional projects for areas that are not under my direct supervision, but offer experiences that I may miss out on otherwise. The leadership team, where my primary responsibilities lie, are engaged and genuinely interested in their financial performance. They are constantly offering me fresh perspectives and are open to learning from my prior experience, as well. This team also challenges me constantly by asking questions that give me the chance to analyze data and offer solutions to their current hurdles. The projects I undertake range from AR analysis, service-line profitability, expense reduction, there really are no limits to what may be asked of me.

Overall, I've had a very positive experience at Princeton Healthcare System. If I could offer any advice it would be that I would enjoy more frequent constructive feedback. I am paid compliments on my work, which is hard not to love, but I also like to be offered more advice and follow up on my progress. As an example, I have not received a formal probational review from the first 90 days. I don't view this as a bad sign, clearly, but I do like hearing about anything I may be able to improve on, as well. I must say, my work is completed very independently, and there are plenty of resources
  more... if I need assistance, or direction.  less
Pros
I find the job adequate in any way that matters.
Cons
Some of the systems are not user friendly, or they are outdated.
good learning experience
Coordinator, Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 27, 2016
attending to visitors, patients and volunteers, managing phone calls, taking messages, scheduling appointments and volunteer shifts, preparing training documentation, orientation of new volunteers and training at guest relations, data entry and maintaining records of discretion.

Interacting with volunteers ranging in different age groups (high school students through senior citizens) personable experience.

management is very good, team effort at the helm amongst coworkers

do not have any difficult situations at all

interacting with people on a daily basis
Pros
excellent workplace atmosphere
Inept manager
Case Management RN (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 23, 2016
The manager of case management is clueless. Has never worked as a case manager and has no idea what the job entails. Not supportive and is not compassionate of the departments needs. The new director is very knowledgable but unfortunately this does not compensate for the ineptness of the manager. I am currently looking for a new place of employment.
Pros
It is an aesthetically beautiful hospital.
Cons
Expensive cafeteria, inept management, understaffed, overworked and 1 or 2 slacker peers.
Excellent organization to work for
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMarch 19, 2016
Enjoy going to work every day. My co-workers are the best! Very busy day,never run out of work to do. Beautiful building. Staff and management are very knowledgeable in their respective areas of expertise.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Departments need more staff
n/a
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 16, 2016
Princeton Medical Center is a good place to work. Management has changed a lot thoughout my year that I have been here. My night shift team works very well together.
The dream does not meet the reality
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 16, 2015
The perception to the general public is that this is a wonderful company to be in treatment at and to work for. Unfortunately this is not the case for the employee and as are result patients suffer. They bully qualified clinicians who know more than management and who are vocal and promote those who stay quiet and kiss butt. They hire inexperienced clinicians so they don't have to pay as much and force qualified clinicians out not being mindful of the high risk patients that attend program there. Management is horrible and targets employees who they identify as problems (those who do not kiss butt and advocate for the clients instead of the bottom line). They advocate for self care when you first start and the moment you try to engage in it you're written up. Management leaves early and takes days off to attend to family matters and that's OK. But when you try to do it they threaten to write you up. Run. Don't walk away from this company.
Pros
Other QUALIFIED clinicians
Cons
Favoritism, no room for advancement, inexperienced staff, high burnout, inexperienced management
N/a
medical records (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 1, 2015
The salary is not great, sometime no increase. Co-workers are ok wish they would have more incentives for employees. There is not much more to say.
Pros
Manager will work with you
Cons
Salary
Productive And Team oriented Workplace
Department Secretary Homecare Services (Current Employee) –  Princeton Jct, NJNovember 25, 2015
My day consists of entering patient information into Allscripts, answering phones, Verifying Insurance, ICD-10 coding. The hardest part of my job is Hospice.
The most enjoyable is making someone feel better by just listening.
Exercise room
Clinical Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 6, 2015
Clean productive, professional and friendly healthcare system. Regular meetings to update employees with changes within the healthcare system
Pros
free lunches given at meetings or educational classes
Cons
Short breaks
Princeton Healthcare system overall 5 star
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  plainsboro PRINCETONFebruary 27, 2015
My typical day begin with my work load for the day to see patient assess and supervise chha and nurses. enjoy the challenge my job entail.
A confidence building job
CPR and First Aid Instructor (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 31, 2015
A typical day at work consists of setting up the classroom for about 20 or more students and teaching and instructing them on the proper method of CPR.

I've learned many teaching techniques, as well as how to take command of a crowd without being abrasive.

Management is works with their employees very well to create a great environment for students and instructors.

My Co-workers and I share all instructional duties and work. They are very pleasant and capable

The most difficult part of the job is relaying information to those that have a language barrier. I do however manage to work around it.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to learn and interact with new people
Pros
interaction with new people
Cons
language barriers
great place to work with a diverse population
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  PrincetonJanuary 6, 2015
Princeton Healthcare system has many great opportunities as a healthcare facilities. With a diverse population you will learn new skills of communications and patience on how to deal with different populations.
Typical day at work is dealing with patients or customers depending on job specifications.
Management can be difficult, depending on the specificarions of the job.
The hardest part of the job to me is tedious work because I love a challenge.
The most enjoyable part of my job is completing a job assignment or making the customers/patients satisfied.
Pros
flexibility of work schedule
Cons
short breaks
Productive and enthusiastic environment
Outpatient Lab Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 27, 2014
Typical day at work goes like this, I go in and greet everyone, check all the work i did the day before and then start the next process. management was great, very organized and all the workers follow the order from the superiors.
Passive Aggressive Atmosphere
Driver (Former Employee) –  Princeton House HamiltonSeptember 24, 2013
I was thrilled to get a part-time job as a Driver for Princeton House in Hamilton. After experiencing many instances of favoritism including racism and sexism during my short tenure, I was let go at my three-month review. A previous reviewer mentioned butt-kissing, favorites, and inept management, all with which I agree were big problems there.
Pros
most of the staff are genuinely very nice.
Cons
mismanagement, favoritism, hostile work environment, scheduling issues, little training, damned if you do - damned if you don't
no room for advancement
Desktop Support Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 25, 2013
left because promises made were never kept. little resources to work with. management not helpful. co workers were great. management was bad
Run do not walk away from UMCPP
PAS (Former Employee) –  UMCPPJune 21, 2013
The PAS manager, and supervisor are ignorant, they do not have your back, the director is clueless , the hospital is bleeding money, the volume of patients is minimal, every day you have patients screaming at you with no one there to help, the training is non existent , your coworkers are afraid of losing there jobs so they tell on each other.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
everything about the place
Excellent new facility and Excellent coworkers
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJApril 22, 2013
The new facility is beautiful, and is a large campus with diverse services to serve the community. The staff is extemely hardworking, friendly and dedicated .
Per Diem
Certified Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  princeton njApril 8, 2013
Limited work, but I learned a lot and advanced my skills. The hardest part of this job is having to deal with loss of a patient.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no stable work
A toxic work environment
Admissions clinician (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJFebruary 17, 2013
Had I read hear reviews before accepting the job, I may have had an idea for what I was getting myself into. I learned a lot about the healthcare field and good customer service, but it was at the cost of my being bullied by direct supervisors with no help from HR. The administration is very quick to pick favorites (usually the ones who kiss butt) and use any mistakes or write ups from months passed against you constantly. HR is NOT on your side and will probably be in your dismissal meeting. Training is awful, besides any help you get from fellow coworkers. This place would send me home feeling dejected and worthless, constantly pondering what I've done wrong and how I could improve. A note to management- just because you hold an LCSW does in no way qualify you to manage an entire department.
Pros
friendly admissions staff
Cons
management
terminated while in process of medical diagnosis
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New JerseyNovember 17, 2012
I was employed by this company as a nursing assistant and shortly afterwards a RN. I grew to love my co-workers and made many friends in the 10 years of my employment. When I needed support the most, I lost the first and only nursing job I had experienced. I enjoyed most everything about the job until I started to have symptoms of a chronic illness, which can be successfully managed if properly diagnosised but instead I was terminated. I was terminated for lest than 6 call outs in a year with doctor's documentation. Myself and my children, after 4 years are still gravely affected by this unfortunate event. I had never been written up for anything in the 10 yrs of employment until I became ill. The illness was in process of being diagnosed properly when I lost my only source of income and health insurance. I continue to suffer and decline physically due to the fact that I am unable to obtain the proper medical care, diagnosis and treatment. My family has been not only affected financially but emotionally, and physically but continue to be affected due to lack of proper references from the only medically facility I worked for as a medical professional. I learned all of my nursing skills and had the most wonderful preceptors, who I can still name and remember to this day. I miss all of my co-worker and I am very sadden with the way the situation was handled by administration. I had gone above and beyond many times for this company and when I needed some understanding, I was let go without any consideration on how it would affect everyone involved. My children continue to be tramatized,  more... with all my experience, I still find it very difficult to find employment as a RN, I have almost lost everything I worked so hard for. Being terminated in this un-fair way has lead to severe emotional distress and financial hardship, almost leaving my family homeless. I gave them the best of my years, my time, my loyality and my faith and in return I lost much. I even became discouraged about the nursing field in general, I help sick people for a living and I was "thown to the trash" when I needed a little support and understanding. Nurses are not disposable, it isdifficult these days to find a really sencere human being who happens to be a nurse, it is not about the money, it is about caring about others and using your gift of compassion along with your knowledge to help those in need sencerly. I have not lost my faith, I will always be a nurse, but the experience and the way I was treated by the administration after so many years of loyal service has been heavy on my heart. I hope what happen to me will never happen to another healthcare professional or our profession will find itself with many non-compassionate people caring for patients in an unfeeling manner, just I was treated. I long for the day when things will return to "normal" for myself and my children, even after 4 years the struggles continues. I did not ask for nor want to become ill, just as the patients who are treated do not ask for illness. I hope the patients are not being treated like the employees..  less
Pros
benefits, teamwork with ancillary staff
Cons
lack of compassion from administration for employees going through illness or any tragic, life changing event

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princeton Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7