Princeton Healthcare System Employee Reviews

Excellent support
Senior Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJOctober 28, 2017
Princeton healthcare is continually growing and changing. It’s a great way to learn and grow in a variety of settings! Great benefits. Room for growth and movement within the company
Pros
Team focused, growth and learning opportunities
Cons
Limited raises
Rewarding, educational, and supportive environment
NICU, MNO Unit, and ED as nurse support (Former Employee) –  Ewing, NJAugust 20, 2017
I participated in the hospital's Pre-Health Program for college students who wish to enter healthcare fields, giving me the opportunity to volunteer in their Emergency Department, NICU, and Medical, Neurology, Oncology Department as well as shadow in a variety of departments such as Labor and Delivery, Respiratory, Physical Therapy, and Care Coordination. Everyone I met was pleasant, helpful, and educated. The hospital is Magnet-certified and every heathcare profession employs the newest techniques.
Extremely Busy
Financial Counselor (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 17, 2017
A typical workday consisted of scanning the prior days admissions, auditing the charts for errors and making the necessary corrections.
Registering and Admitting new patients, pre-admitting potential patients, assisting patients with Charity Care, obtaining insurance information and making necessary changes to the registration, collecting copays, deductibles, and collecting out of pocket maxes. Responsible for charity care, medicaid, medicare reports.
Pros
vacation time
Cons
poor management, poor leadership, poor compensation
Multi specialty physician office
Lead Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 27, 2017
High pace multi spec. physician office
I was a supervisor of over 40 people. In charge of PTO, billing, front desk, call center, surgical schedulers. Working closely with physicians and staff to ensure smooth production.
Pros
Great staff/ physicians
Awrful upper management
Manager of Operations, Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 25, 2017
promises of upward mobility with no follow through, upper management that doesn't even know their employees names after meeting with them dozens of times
Pros
time off, health insurance
Cons
no upward mobility, no recognition from upper management
Beautiful Place to work very multicultural
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 21, 2017
I really enjoy working at Princeton Healthcare Systems. Very diverse and multicultural. Opportunity for growth and advancement. Management as an open door policy and if there is an issue they are very easy to talk to.
Pros
Payroll deduction
Cons
too far from home
Excellent staff to work with
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 13, 2017
Very professional place to work. All my colleagues very respectful to each other. Everybody work as a team.
Feedback betwwen Technical staff and laboratory management was very professional.
Pros
Professionalism
I had a great manager
Utilization Management Reviewer (Current Employee) –  Moorestown, NJMay 18, 2017
I liked my job and the department I worked in, as well as my team. My supervisor was great and always encouraged my professional growth. I learned so much in my time there.
Pros
Free ceus
Cons
Salary
Work Experience
Hospice Aide/CHHA (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJApril 5, 2017
I enjoyed traveling to different homes and meeting new people to care for. My client appreciated me and I was very proud to a home health aide. I did based things like be a companion, feeding, dressing and monitoring patient condition. I helped some family get through a difficult time by providing hospice care.
Pros
having a job
Cons
They wouldnt let me move out of my position., They do not give good raises., The pay is lousy and you have no health coverage through them., If you hurt your back or get sick on the job, you are on your own.
Nice company no major complaints
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJFebruary 19, 2017
In a different field i may have never left but went to school to get better educated. Not sure how management and time/schedule is now but while i was there was a nice play to work
Environmental service worker
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Princeton houseJanuary 22, 2017
Overall work is consistent and not hard training was exceptional very through .permutation very helpful but housekeeping department not so much as I got passed my 3 mos I was signal out by supervisor and let go an it.was a lie an no job security h.r. is worst if hired by company know what to do and cover yourself for possible terminated . Know one has your back we are all consider at will hires read your manuals for certain process.if hired for Princeton House be very careful in housekeeping department
Pros
Trading and advance my possilbe
Cons
Upper level management no respect for regular employees
Princeton House inpatient unit is stressful & new social work director does not understand workload.
Social Worker - Per diem (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 11, 2016
Pros -
Decent compensation & benefits
Good learning environment with peers

Cons -
New director does not understand work of her subordinates.

Oppressive environment

Stress level of staff high
Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 27, 2016
Princeton has a great orientation and has taught me about telemetry and intensive care. I love the flexible self scheduling and 4 weeks vacation after working there for 5 years. It's a nice community hospital in a big building and love the staff on nights.
Pros
Great people. Magnet hospital
Cons
Minimal raises
Well rounded place to work.
Senior Accountant & Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Finance OfficesJune 1, 2016
Princeton Healthcare System is typically a casual environment where you are empowered to complete your work how it best suits you. The deadlines are strict, but reasonable. I have been given the opportunity to challenge myself by improving the processes in place by the people that assumed my role in the past. I also get to enjoy optional projects for areas that are not under my direct supervision, but offer experiences that I may miss out on otherwise. The leadership team, where my primary responsibilities lie, are engaged and genuinely interested in their financial performance. They are constantly offering me fresh perspectives and are open to learning from my prior experience, as well. This team also challenges me constantly by asking questions that give me the chance to analyze data and offer solutions to their current hurdles. The projects I undertake range from AR analysis, service-line profitability, expense reduction, there really are no limits to what may be asked of me.

Overall, I've had a very positive experience at Princeton Healthcare System. If I could offer any advice it would be that I would enjoy more frequent constructive feedback. I am paid compliments on my work, which is hard not to love, but I also like to be offered more advice and follow up on my progress. As an example, I have not received a formal probational review from the first 90 days. I don't view this as a bad sign, clearly, but I do like hearing about anything I may be able to improve on, as well. I must say, my work is completed very independently, and there are plenty of resources
  more... if I need assistance, or direction.  less
Pros
I find the job adequate in any way that matters.
Cons
Some of the systems are not user friendly, or they are outdated.
good learning experience
Coordinator, Volunteer Services (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 27, 2016
attending to visitors, patients and volunteers, managing phone calls, taking messages, scheduling appointments and volunteer shifts, preparing training documentation, orientation of new volunteers and training at guest relations, data entry and maintaining records of discretion.

Interacting with volunteers ranging in different age groups (high school students through senior citizens) personable experience.

management is very good, team effort at the helm amongst coworkers

do not have any difficult situations at all

interacting with people on a daily basis
Pros
excellent workplace atmosphere
Great place
DIETARY TECH (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJApril 26, 2016
Great place to work. Excellent place for advancement. Turnover rate is fair, not so much in upper management. Lots of people working there for 20+ years. Would recommend to anyone in an ear shot.
Pros
Great cafeteria
Cons
nothing
Inept manager
Case Management RN (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 23, 2016
The manager of case management is clueless. Has never worked as a case manager and has no idea what the job entails. Not supportive and is not compassionate of the departments needs. The new director is very knowledgable but unfortunately this does not compensate for the ineptness of the manager. I am currently looking for a new place of employment.
Pros
It is an aesthetically beautiful hospital.
Cons
Expensive cafeteria, inept management, understaffed, overworked and 1 or 2 slacker peers.
Excellent organization to work for
Secretary (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMarch 19, 2016
Enjoy going to work every day. My co-workers are the best! Very busy day,never run out of work to do. Beautiful building. Staff and management are very knowledgeable in their respective areas of expertise.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Departments need more staff
n/a
Emergency Room Nurse (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJanuary 16, 2016
Princeton Medical Center is a good place to work. Management has changed a lot thoughout my year that I have been here. My night shift team works very well together.
The dream does not meet the reality
Primary Therapist (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, NJDecember 16, 2015
The perception to the general public is that this is a wonderful company to be in treatment at and to work for. Unfortunately this is not the case for the employee and as are result patients suffer. They bully qualified clinicians who know more than management and who are vocal and promote those who stay quiet and kiss butt. They hire inexperienced clinicians so they don't have to pay as much and force qualified clinicians out not being mindful of the high risk patients that attend program there. Management is horrible and targets employees who they identify as problems (those who do not kiss butt and advocate for the clients instead of the bottom line). They advocate for self care when you first start and the moment you try to engage in it you're written up. Management leaves early and takes days off to attend to family matters and that's OK. But when you try to do it they threaten to write you up. Run. Don't walk away from this company.
Pros
Other QUALIFIED clinicians
Cons
Favoritism, no room for advancement, inexperienced staff, high burnout, inexperienced management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princeton Healthcare System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9