Princeton Property Management

Princeton Property Management Employee Reviews

Growing company that is Supportive and Fun
Community Manager (Current Employee), Portland, OregonAugust 19, 2014
Pros: supportive corporate staff, easily approachable supervisors and hr department. great opportunities for advancement.
Cons: capped bonus structure and limited vendor list
Being a part of the Princeton team has shown me how to perfect my time management and enjoy my self created work space. Each day I have the privilege to work in my on-site office which I have organized and decorated to welcome residents and prospects. I've been given the freedom to create my schedule and pushed to make positive changes for my property. I've learned about budgeting, more resident retention ideas and concepts and improving Net Operating Income. The group of people I have had the pleasure to see when I visit our corporate office and the committee members I work with are always professional, pleasant, and fun. Its awesome to be a part of a company that is growing so quickly. I have been lucky to be a part of such a great local corporation.
The hardest part of the job is learning each of my residents different personalities to ensure I am providing them with what they believe is the best possible service. In that same token, the most enjoyable part of my job is learning each of my residents hot buttons and finding new ways to serve them and making them feel as valuable as they are to our community.
Great Place to learn
Community Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 25, 2014
Princeton Property Management offered a great work environment to gain knowledge in the property management field that I could not find elsewhere. Princeton is a very structured company that has learned gained its reputation through experience. My daily job involved resident relations, collecting and reporting payments, marketing and leasing available or upcoming apartments and general projects around the property.
Uniquely Challenging and Worthwhile Management Experience
On-site Assistant Manager and Property Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 19, 2014
This position was offered to me as an opportunity to make changes at a challenging property. In my first month I was asked to evict the 12 most problematic apartments in an effort to increase safety, repair neglected apartment units, and increase property value. In the time that I was at this property I was successful in working with local police to enroll Woodland Park in a program designed to allow police more access to the property in order to increase resident safety. With my supervision my team was able to greatly improve quality of life for existing and incoming residents by making upgrades to the units, improving the cleanliness and aesthetic of landscaping and providing a friendly, caring, and helpful point of contact for residents.
Definately does NOT have their employees best interest at heart.
Community Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORAugust 10, 2013
Pros: free training, law updates
Cons: no mileage reimbursement, no vision coverage, no heart
Started off great and I learned alot...including Yardi Voyager. Some of the co-workers are great, while others are using petty cash as a temporary loan and others having intimate relationships with tenants/co-workers. Corporate should worry about those employees, not the ones who have their property 100% full and are now making the owner and themselves money!! Hardest part about the job was not being able to work with tenants when income was scarce. Princeton has no problem throwing people out into the streets...including their employees with only 4 days to move out. Wow, the thanks one gets for improving their property! I enjoyed the residents here and we had trust in one another. Many are extremely upset and want to contact the owner directly. Unfortunately do you really think corporate will give out his information or care that the tenants are upset about their manager being terminated for a petty reason? NO.... All they care about are the $$$ signs. Hope the property owners see them for what they really are and take their properties to a corporation with a good reputation and a higher score than "F" with the Better Business Bureau.
WORST COMPANY EVER!
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 1, 2013
The properties that this company manages should be condemned.
This company is a way start build a career in the management of apartments.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Portland, ORNovember 9, 2012
The training is very through and cultivates the imagination of renting apartments.Typical day at work is different every day solving problems that come about working with a variety types of people. I learned about laws, fair housing,minor maitenance and marketing do's and don'ts. There is a fine tuned system of management and chained of command. Hardest part of the job is dealing with complaints and most enjoyable part is helping people.
co-workers are always great about helping each other out
Residential Property Manager (Current Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 6, 2012
Pros: have a beautiful community and incredible tenants! i am really spoiled!
Cons: office is in my apartment, absolutely no privacy to even sit on my deck and drink a cup of coffee and read a book, never time between a move-out and move-in, so i have to use my own apartment as a model
Huge property management company that offers extensive on-going training in every area of management, Oregon Laws, best practices, and all aspects of management & current and changing laws that pertain to multifamily residential communities.
I am continually learning new and better ways to advertise, diffuse difficult situations between management and tenant to tenant disputes, learning new minor maintenance tips, and am often asked to cover other properties for illness, vacations, etc.