Princeton University

Princeton University Employer Reviews

Graduate Student
Graduate Researcher (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 11, 2014
Pros: good research facilities, good faculty
Cons: expensive area
Graduate student: experience may vary from person to person and group to group.

As far as the university, everyone is very helpful: health services, career services. Lots of events for graduate students.
Event Manager
Event Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 10, 2014
Need a more consistent schedule and training. Was given to tasks that I was incapable of completing due to my small size in nature.
F&T (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 9, 2014
great benefits, friendly coworkers, supportive management
Enjoyed teaching Princeton students
Assistant Professor (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 28, 2014
Everything depends on how dedicated you are to teaching and what your relationship is with your colleagues. I doubt that my description of what language and literature teachers do at any university is going to be helpful to nonspecialists and public at large. Furthermore, I think that the information you are asking for should be of no concern to anyone.
Really Nice place to work.
Senior Developer & Project Management (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJune 18, 2014
Very good to work environment. also you have chance to grow up.
Interesting and Fun place to work.
Tech. Res. Asst. to the Chairman of the Department (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMay 13, 2014
Handling administrative duties of academic environment including interacting with Faculty, Undergrad and Graduate students. Gained experience in technical writing, grant management, and different operating systems. The most enjoyable part of this job was work environment and good co-workers.
Excellent workplace
Lecturer, Princeton University (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMay 5, 2014
Fantastic students, colleagues and library. I learned a lot about teaching French composition and Fantastic literature. My co-workers were brilliant and friendly.
Very competitive working environment
Lecturer, Department of East Asian Studies (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 17, 2014
Huge amount of workload including (preparation of) lecturing, grading, preceptor work, operation work, etc. Everyone has to work so hard that they usually have to bring their work home otherwise they will stay in office until 9pm or even later just in order to finish job. For lecture-level faculty members, little time can be found to conduct research – more... during regular semesters.

The university has good benefits for its employees and the campus is unquestionably beautiful. Students are lovely and the coworkers are in general very nice to each other. – less
learn a lot and see how passionate everyone here is about there work
Research Intern, (Former Employee), Princeton, NJApril 10, 2014
you meet a lot of intellectual and hard working people.
everyone has there own working hours which are extended hours.
Friendly colleagues and management.
High profile
Visiting Research Fellow (Former Employee), Princeton, NJ, USAApril 8, 2014
I was a visiting research fellow at Princeton University. For someone coming from UK academia, the facilities are incredible.
A very supportive environment and a great place for career and life balance
Program Manager - Real Estate Development (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 26, 2014
Pros: very exciting project with a great learning curve.
Cons: distance from my home, and limited career trajectory
My work day at Princeton was from 9 am to 6 pm. Many people started earlier and left a little earlier. I commuted from NYC and due to the distance - started a little later. My day consisted of meetings with different stakeholders, touching base with members of the development team and working with my consultants.

I learned a great deal about consensus – more... building, working on large complex projects, university financing and understanding university priorities and bottom lines.

Management at Princeton is very strong. The senior executive team that I worked under was in sync with each other and worked well together.

My co-workers were very supportive, helpful and eager to be involved in the project.

The hardest part of my job was ensuring that all parties felt included. My projects were very experimental and fast-paced. They required quick, nimble decision-making which the university was not used to. I worked in the private sector for over a decade and so working for an institution was a very different pace and decision making structure.

The most most enjoyable part of my job was making things happen. I was the program/project manager for three very exciting development projects and I was responsible for guiding senior management through major real estate development decisions. I was also responsible for executing deals with third party real estate developers - something Princeton had never done for their real estate projects. I took my projects through pre-development and left when they entered the development phase when I handed them off to a construction manager. – less
HORRIBLE NURSE MANAGER & SOME DEGRADING/HOSTILE DOCTORS
Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 17, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: several back stabbing nurses
New manager
She bullies staff - always finding faults and criticizing and she never gives praise.
Clinically under a microscope - every nurse's note are reviewed and critiqued by nurse manger.
Manager defends doctors - will not stand up for the nurses.
Princeton students were treated like they walked on water.
Great work environment and fun staff to work with
Video Editor (Current Employee), Princeton, NJMarch 1, 2014
Pros: free everything
Cons: travel
I would follow the field hockey team and capture every moment. From practice and games, to social events and dinner, i was there. I learned about a different culture. It was nothing like I had ever experienced. My co-workers and management have became some of my closest friends. The hardest part of the job was the hours but it was well worth it. The – more... people and experiences are the most enjoyable part of the job – less
Classy
Student Internship (Current Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 21, 2014
Pros: upscale
good Place to work, smart and reasonable people. I dont mind it at all.
room for advancement
Library Office Assistant II (Former Employee), Princeton, NJFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: n/a
great work environment, great benefits, excellent pay, tons of paid time off
Typical day at Princeton University
Undergraduate Secretary for Environmental Studies (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: university events
Cons: advancement
The day consists of self-management tasks.As long as work is completed and customers are satisfied, upper management allows you to create your own day. Co-workers are very pleasant. Hardest part of the job was advancement. Best part of the day is working with a great team.
Great benefits,work-life balance
Budget Analyst (Current Employee), Princeton, NJOctober 18, 2013
Work day is typically 845-5. Vacation time, family time is a plus. Coworkers tend to be friendly and easy to get a long with - a lot are lifers who've been here 15-20+ years. Management varies per department. Internal growth and development is rare.
GREAT PLACE TO WORK.
FOOD SERVICE WORKER (Former Employee), Princeton, NJSeptember 30, 2013
Pros: great place to work
Cons: did not work there long enough.
WOULD RECOMEND TO ANYONE LOOKING FOR EMPLYOMENT IN THIS FIELD.
Interesting job with great manager
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Princeton, NJJuly 28, 2013
Pros: great benefits
Cons: distance from home
Great place to work. Computer class on new subjects or for review.
Sourcing Manager for Administration, Finance Office!
Sourcing Manager (Former Employee), Princeton, NJ. - 701 Carnegie Ctr. on Rt #1July 21, 2013
Pros: respected & asked advice by co-workers, and making the many friendships i had there!
Cons: you are just a "number", no allegiance anymore.
Typical Day is a misnomer, there is no typical day in my position. I can have the most detailed and laid out plans for my day and within an hour, I am in ten (10) completely different areas!

The job was family-oriented and I was going to finish my career there. Even though I was the "lead" in all external initiatives, on many committees and a major – more... project to redesign the Finance (not just Purchasing) Website. No one ever took the time to look at this involvement along with my normaql job functions. New corporate managers were put in place, and now Princeton is in a new renaissance period, another (my third 3rd) redeployment of resources and policies to try it another way! So, with that happening and no appreciation for what was being accomplished overall, it was time to move on! It is still one of the largest employers in Mercer County, but it si nothing like it used to be...especially when they let a professional admired & respected by internal and external constituants with 29 years experience and commitment to the job, and they let him go within a couple months If you do consider working there, be aware!

The MOST enjoyable aspect of my employment there? It was helping to make the external departments lives easier in their workflow, answering their questions, and teaching them valuable purchasing tools, for which they were forever grateful and appreciative, giving me a feeling accomplishment. I loved that part! – less

1 2 3

About Princeton University

This prince's kingdom is covered with ivy. Princeton University is a member of the¬†Ivy League, an elite group of top-ranked schools – Read more

Princeton University Photos