Princeton University Employee Reviews

stressful at times, but great pay and good benefits
Finance and Grants Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 1, 2017
Typical day consisted of staying in my office and working on the computer, whether it was emailing an advisor or working on budgets. Days felt long but was not a bad atmosphere for the most part.
Pros
good pay
Cons
boss
I worked under contract to the University
Adjunct Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJuly 15, 2017
The work was challenging and demanded excellence. Colleagues were among the best in their fields. Creativity was highly valued and appreciated, as one would expected at an Ivy institution.
Academic Manager, Department of Politics (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 7, 2017
Princeton University is a small college with a committed and high-functioning faculty and staff. It is one of the best colleges in the world. The leadership strives for constant improvement - both for its students and its employees.
Summer Job
Painters Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 31, 2017
As a summer job while I attended college, this job allowed me to work many hours to earn enough money to make it through my college years and pay for expenses. This job grew my character and leadership skills because it made me understand responsibility in the work place. This job allowed me to grow my leadership skills because I was seen as an experienced assistant that would help schedule and mandate responsibilities to other employees.
Good place...Terrible Department
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 26, 2017
The University as a whole is a nice place to work. However the department I was in, was by law a hostile work environment and didn't comply with the Americans with Disabilities Act. I was forced to leave.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Weak, hostile mangement (to this 1 department)
Good experience
Football Stand Leader/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 20, 2017
I had a great experience working here. I made many friends and loved the atmosphere. The games at the University were always a thrill to work for because we got to watch some of the games.
Descent career experience
Staff Engineer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 3, 2017
Descent career experience, can learn new concept, tools and applications. Job security level is medium level. Compensation is good. Interaction with users and faculties.
One of the best places to work for, having the opportunity to advance in the workplace.
Senior Bindery Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 25, 2017
Happy to have worked at this place, diversities of work, performing
different task through the day in an easy flow of work, great benefits, holydays, sick days, vacation, 403 B plan.
Pros
Clean and easy going work through the day.
Cons
N/a
Fast-paced and balanced work environment
Animal Behavior Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 16, 2017
Fast-paced and balanced work environment. Good management and benefits. Friendly culture. Fun assignments that were intellectually stimulating. Opportunity to advance.
It all depends on your department manager and team
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 6, 2017
They expect and operate at an increased level of excellent (hi quality and hi quantity of your time is required), and given that fact, the salaries are low, but the culture is GREAT!
Cons
Bad managers are given priority over Good Employees
Shared Grants Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 4, 2017
Great place to learn and develop. Princeton University ensures that all faculty and staff are taught the "Princeton Way" and ensure that each individual is successful. They offer profession and personal training.
Awesome place to work
Postdoctoral Fellow (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 12, 2017
The University is a great place to work and beautiful place to work. It offers great benefits to employee and provide almost all resources to help employee to achieve.
Wonderful place to work
Interlibrary Reserves (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 8, 2017
I felt I was a better person when I worked for Princeton University. The environment is relaxed but very productive. The diversity of cultures and intellectuals is an amazing experience. In my case, my manager was unique.
Warm environment
Graduate Student (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 14, 2017
If you seek it you will find it.Engaging intellectuals in an overall welcoming environment. Resources are there to do cutting edge science!
Pros
Beautiful
Cons
winter
fun palce
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJFebruary 2, 2017
Great company to work for.. has a ot of good benefits pension , retirement ,tuition , child care . if you are looking for health benefit its a great company for students
College
Temporary Janitor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 25, 2017
My day coming in sign in then go over your work sheet, start cleaning with the your supplies and then clean the area with the mop then clean it with the buffer.
Ehhhh... It's Okay
Internship Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 17, 2017
You would have to work here to understand and it all depends on the role you are in. Hard to just call it. My experience was terrible.
Loved working for Princeton
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 2, 2017
This was a great place to work. The pay wasn't wonderful, but the benefits were amazing and more than made up for it. The atmosphere was great and I enjoyed going to work every day.
Pros
Monthly staff lunches, amazing benefits
Cons
Too far from home
An amazing integration of Experience while pursuing your education
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 29, 2016
As a teaching assistant in Princeton, you get to learn while you teach. Not only that but you get to revise the basics of topics you have already studied while teaching the undergraduate students.
The freedom of creating your own teaching material gives you an opportunity to be creative and make it more interactive for the students.
Excellent employer
Assistant Director, Building Services (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 10, 2016
Excellent place to work. Highly recommended. 20 year career with loads of opportunities. Can't say enough good words about this employer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Princeton University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3