Principal Financial Group

Principal Financial Group Employee Reviews

Watch out where youa are applying or looking
IT Analyst (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAMay 6, 2015
Pros: Great company as whole.
Cons: Management is bad
HR: Go above and beyond to find domestic and inter national reasons to lower your salary.

Point system review: Some one has to be at the bottom of the list no matter how good you are.

Team: Was great but great people left the company only leave the boss's pets. They can come in at 10, an hour lunch, and leave at 4:00, great work and life balance.

Management: Needs to know your personal life or you are not her friend or pet. If you are not one of her pet, you need to cross the "t" and dot the "I".

That's just a summary of the team I worked for. So, watch out where you are applying.
Great Place to Start career and even finish it!
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2015
Real Professional environment, great opportunities for networking, grow yourself, lots of professionals help available or guidance step by step. Opportunity to talk to senior management! Prepare your development path and then best part is to work on it as you like or want. Growing opportunities in company! Flexibility of schedule! Motivation for health and fitness. Time to socialize. Bring in your family and friends anytime. Take PTO - no problem! yearly bonus, 401k and health insurance!! Only one thing that I am blessed having a job there!
Started off as a great place to work now it is just a job
Client Service Manager (Current Employee), Des Moines, IowaMarch 30, 2015
Started off as a great place to work and everyone was cared about by management. Now we are treated with little respect and all management cares about is how much work they can get out of us.
Great place to work.
Developmental Director / Recruiting Director (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOMarch 6, 2015
Great place to work. Unfortunately, the economy placed a funding freeze on the programs I was recruited to do for the local business center and the home office.
Overall fairly enjoyable place to work
Corporate Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Grand Island, NEMarch 3, 2015
Pros: overtime was occasionally offered
Cons: short breaks, varying hours
A typical day included myself on the phones doing inbound call work to reset passwords for principal.com and various wellness portals, setting usernames or sending "set-up links" so that customers could do so on their own for principal.com or wellness portals, verifying checks, and directing calls to the business unit that could best assist the customers needs. I learned how to handle customers with the correct phone etiquette and how to use Avaya-onex to answer and direct phone calls to the correct Business Units. Management for Principal was very nice and was good about answering questions when you needed it, but they were sometimes very hard to find. If someone had a question on the call and no managers were around to answer, we either had to have the customer hold until someone could answer our question, which could be anywhere from 5-15 minutes or connect them to their business unit for another representative to find their manager. There wasn't much time to get to know other co-workers as we all worked very independently, but it was a friendly atmosphere when we did communicate with each other. The hardest part of the job would be when you're unsure of what to do and you can't find management to assist or receiving a call from an angry customer. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was verifying checks and also assisting cheerful customers in getting logged in.
nice ppl
Financial Advisor Trainee (Current Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: nice
Cons: people
nice people nice company. nice managers. all around good group of people. Retirement solutions, insurance, and investment products are available through our diverse family of financial services companies and national network of financial professionals. Retirement solutions, insurance, and investment products are available through our diverse family of financial services companies and national network of financial professionals. Retirement solutions, insurance, and investment products are available through our diverse family of financial services companies and national network of financial professionals.
Overall, it is a good company to work for
IT Application Analyst/Developer Lead (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAFebruary 4, 2015
Good team mates and good working environment, flexible working schedule, good facilities and learning opportunity. I would highly recommend it to my friends.
Summary
Proposal Special / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJJanuary 22, 2015
My co-workers were the best people I could have ever worked with.
Payment of medical claims and answered phone calls regarding benefits
Medical Claims Examiner (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2015
Pros: good team enviroment
Cons: sometimes had to deal with difficult claimants
Answered phone calls regarding EOBs and benefits, made payments on incoming medical claims.
Good Company
Annuity Technician II (Former Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 21, 2014
I learned how to self motivate, multi-task in multiple programs, and work under very little supervision. Enjoyable part was being able to see the difference in our work volume and with our customers due to same day timing! The team members where great too.
Fun work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Des Moines, IANovember 3, 2014
Pros: free gym classes
Cons: short breaks
checked voice mails, and emails, work closely with other Admin team
Greatest Job Ever
Manager (Former Employee), Columbia, SCOctober 18, 2014
Best place I've ever worked and the most income in my life. Economy collapse lead to closing of company.
Principal Financial Group Review
Inside Sales/Account Consultant (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 15, 2014
Great company, competitive pay and great benefits. A typical day consist of building relationships and trust with brokers. Working closely with sales representatives.
best job i've had so far
Intake Medical Management Specialist (Former Employee), Ames, IASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: plenty of time off, great benefits, felt like a valued employee
not only ample PTO but company also offered 8 hrs a year in time off to volunteer. Excellent training program, user-friendly software, friendly co-workers, got the ability to work from home the last year I was with them. I would still be with them if they hadn't closed the medical insurance portion of the business.
Company with great benefits
Benefits Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Des Moines, IASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: reasonably priced lunches; artwork; activities
Cons: management
A typical day of work was very challenging which I liked. I had a wide variety of tasks that I performed.

I learned a lot about employee benefits and really enjoyed the work.

In my department, management was not always very supportive.

I had great co-workers and had many friends at the company.

The hardest part of my job was dealing with management in my department.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the work environment. There was a lot of art work throughout the complex. We had our own cafeteria which was not only good, but reasonably priced. We also had a lot of activities which made us even closer.
Meh?
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 19, 2014
Great work life balance. They mean it. But you don't always have the tools and support you need to do your job well. Field offices are an after thought which is awesome or horrible depending on the situation.
Micro mangement
Client Service Associate Assistant (Former Employee), Spokane, WASeptember 10, 2014
the managers just micro manage everyone. They want you to be a mindless robot.
Good company.
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Memphis, TNAugust 17, 2014
Good management, products and services that focus on helping clients successfully navigate the retirement course.
advisor
Financial Advisor (Current Employee), Lake Elmo, MNJune 19, 2014
it is up to you to learn and figure everything out. It isn't a job they will train you on.
Good place to work!
Project Assistant & Communication Specialist (Current Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 10, 2014
The Principal Financial Group is a wonderful place to work. There is room for advancement and learning different parts of the company is always encouraged.

1 2 3 4 5

About Principal Financial Group

Ah, the circle of life. For a child in elementary school, avoiding the principal is paramount. However, folks looking toward retirement – Read more

Principal Financial Group Salaries