Printpack Inc Employee Reviews

Employees are great
ASSISTANT PLANT BUYER (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 27, 2017
The work place culture is great. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. I learned a lot while I worked there. Had the opportunity to upgrade to different job titles with in the company.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Poor place to work, can work better and happier digging a ditch.
Inspector (Former Employee) –  Marshall, NCSeptember 22, 2017
Plant had way too many of one specific race, didn't matter if it was an operator to a supervisor, it was strictly one race. In my opinion very discriminatory. Pay is extremely low and will not work with personal issues. One-sided job for sure. Wouldn't recommend working here ever.
Cons
Blown Films Operator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 2, 2017
I have had no problems while working at Printpack. They work with you so that you can learn how to run the different kinds of machines that they run. They don't pressure you, they work with you to learn all you want to learn.
Hard work
Pressroom assistsnt (Former Employee) –  Prescott Valley, AZAugust 30, 2017
Printpack was too difficult for me to handle. It was hard labor and It didn't pay well enough for the kind of physical strain that I endured with that job.
Challenging work and very enjoyable with good pay
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Orange, TXAugust 28, 2017
moniter and operate a castline estrusion line.i learned use a cmr (controll moniter remote) and also troubleshoot quality and process issues. the culture was family like and still many friends that sill work there. I guess the hardest part of the job was shift work which was'nt that bad. I really enjoyed the trouble shooting part of the job.
Pros
Enjoyable with great benifits.
Cons
non- app
I have had great expeiences working for printpack over the years, but they have been planning on shutting this plant down .
Press Assistantprint (Current Employee) –  Hendersonville, NCAugust 28, 2017
Working for printpack has given me experience working with people's different personalities and how to bring them together as a team to meet production and company goals.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No job security at this time.
Productive work place
Electromechanical Tech. (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXAugust 18, 2017
12 hr shifts for most
relaxed work culture
how plastic is made
management easy going
the hardest part of the job is going from nice and cool temps to hot
Great people to work with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  ShreveportAugust 15, 2017
A typical day is very busy so you won't be bored. The best part of the job was communicating with a variety of customers all over the country and developing good working relationships based on trust and providing accurate information to them.
Engineering Project Manager
Mechanical Engineer III (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 2, 2017
Good pay, not so good work life balance, do not expect growth unless you are with the company for a long term.
Result oriented people do not fit in this mediocre workforce. Good ol' boys management. Sloppy results are OK so long you can advertise your smallest achievement and amplify them 100 times.
Pros
Good reputation
Cons
Growth not based on performance
Very productive place to work.
ROLL PACKER (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 13, 2017
A typical night of work consisted of 12 hour shifts from 7pm to 7am.
I learned a lot about production at Printpack. Management is good. The culture is very diverse. Hardest part of the job was working 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with helpful coworkers
Pros
Bonus checks. Lots of overtime.
Cons
Working every other weekend.

Want to know more about Printpack Inc?

Ask a question
Family friendly working environment
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 16, 2017
This position for accounting assistant was held 13 years. Wonderful company to work for and great environment to learn detail of accounting. The years in billing department I learned payroll and receivables department work details.
Good pay, management needs work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, GAMay 3, 2017
Fantastic fellow employees. Great pay and benefits, and plenty of overtime available. Only bad issue is low end management. Grudges+good ole boy culture=hard to deal with sometimes.
best company I ever worked for
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAApril 20, 2017
in 47 years of working, Printpack Inc was the best overall company.
they have an education department where you can take college classes on line at no cost. they had ,at that time 28 locations world wide but treated everyone as family When my wife died in 1997 the company was unbelievable in support and gave me permission to put their logo on her headstone I will always treasure the love and support I received there.
Pros
4 types of bonuses for working smart company outings like a big family permote from within
Cons
long weeks, no vacations aproved at peek season
Terrible place to work
Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 6, 2017
Plant manager
would fabricate things to get you out the door if he did not like you. Took the issue I had with him to corporate HR and they backed him 100 percent after telling me they had an open door policy. He went from maintenance to running the location I was at . I would not recommend this place to anyone, he started trying to get me out the door when I got deathly sick and was out for a month. Took pictures of conduit with wire coming out of it and said I told them the job was done.
Pros
Production employees all good people
Cons
Maintenance lead and plant manager croaked
Take the good with the bad...
Graphics (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 8, 2017
I worked in the corporate office. The culture was very conservative, Christian and yes, corporate. If you fit in with those guidelines, you were golden, which is why associates either stayed their entire careers or moved on in a couple years. I never felt like I "belonged", but I stuck it out several years because the pay, benefits and perks were all pretty fair. They do seem to really care about their associates and have a great wellness incentive program to encourage people to stay healthy. Overall, it can be a good place for the right person to work.
Pros
Onsite gym, cafe and medical clinic
Cons
Weak management, stuffy office culture
A productive, efficient, and friendly workplace
Ink Technician (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MODecember 6, 2016
I would start my day by checking the presses to ensure that they had a sufficient supply of ink, if not then I would make more ink from formulas, and adjust the color accordingly. Then I would check the upcoming press schedules and organize my day to lay out the necessary inks that would be required next. Management was friendly and supportive. The hardest part of my job was moving the 55 gal. drums of ink back and forth from the ink room to the presses, some of which weighed up to 540 lbs. The greatest part of my job was the people I worked with
Pros
compensation and the people
Cons
they built new plants but not around here
Employees there are cool
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 13, 2016
Worked at this place for little bit over two years yet never met the plant manager until they got a new one. Upper management never cared for the night shift workers except for the numbers we ran on the presses. Bonus chances and raise opportunities were dang near impossible to reach as far as the highest rate of increase was only 2%. Pay was not fairly distributed amongst everyone as well thats the reasoning for me leaving the company.
It was a great place to work. Enjoyed the people I worked with.
Receptionist Secretary (Former Employee) –  Williamsburg, VAAugust 7, 2016
Answered incoming calls, received visitors, sorted and distributed mail.
I learned a lot about Human Resources, and insurance benefits.
Most of the management were great and treated me nicely.
Got along great with my co-workers.
The hardest part of my job was being passed over for promotions that I was qualified for, and being told I was too good at what I do and they didn't want to lose me.
The most enjoyable part of my job was meeting new people and helping them.
Pros
The new things that I learned and to perservere reqardless of what I am told.
Cons
No room for advancement.
Productive, fast paced environment.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  WisconsinJuly 27, 2016
The job itself is not bad. You will work with some great people and some not so good. If you work in production you will more than likely work on a 3/2 12 hour shift schedule. Work days get long but the extra days off are nice. Short staffing issues occasionally cause mandatory overtime. Some like it some don't. The pay is very good, you will be compensated commensurate with your skills and work ethic. Work your way up! Management has a tendency to be a little out of touch and there are some members of management who don't belong in their position. I would say management is the biggest reason there is any turn over at all really. Overall a good place to work if you are looking for good pay and decent benefits.
Pros
Low cost lunch, good pay.
Cons
No outdoor break area, no radios, cannot leave facility during shift.
Very product oriented
Printing Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILJune 17, 2016
Loving work environment with plenty of space to advance. Great compensation. Fun loving floor managers that take the time to make sure their sections are running to full expectation.
Pros
Cheap lunch food, Full plant awards
Cons
Strong chemicals used on a daily basis