This position involves executing the translation and cultural adaptation (localization) of medical, police, and firefighter-related protocols from English to Arabic. The ideal candidate must have a native fluency of the Arabic language. This position serves as the primary subject matter expert for Arabic language translations. Oversees the inclusion, identification, and development of the Arabic language and culture in both Company materials and relations. This non-exempt position is based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Reads through original materials (both printed materials and specialized software) and rewrites them in Arabic, ensuring that the meaning of the source text is retained. Adapts the material to the emergency dispatch market in Arabic-speaking countries and locales.
- Using specialized dictionaries, thesauruses, reference books, as well as native-speaker proficiency in Arabic, finds the closest equivalents for terminology and words used. Researches technical, scientific, and legal phraseology to find the correct Arabic translation.
- Learns and uses appropriate translation software and tools for presentation and delivery.
- Maintains the database and knowledge base of all Arabic text and terminology used in the Company’s products.
- May need to consult with the Company’s Arabic liaisons to discuss any unclear points and arrive at the best solution.
- Edits and proofreads final translated versions of material. Approves all final product versions.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
- Must possess advanced verbal and written skills in both English and Arabic languages
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects
- Competences in writing and proofreading of text
- Excellent knowledge of hardware and software PC
Essential Job Functions:
- Organizing and coordinating information and deadlines
- Creating written communication
- Frequent computer and telephone use
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Concentrating for long periods of time
Submit resume, application, and salary requirements at http://www.speediarms.com/jobboard/default.aspx?customer=2ef569d6-b41d-4cd9-a1b3-ae5a67462da8. Our company thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Priority Dispatch Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a small, fast-growing provider of consulting, training, and software products for the public safety market. Priority Dispatch is based in the U.S. in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and matching 401K programs, etc.
Priority Dispatch Corp. (PDC) provides comprehensive, integrated solutions for Police, Fire, and Medical emergency dispatching. We incorporate the Priority Dispatch System® approved by the International Academies of Emergency Dispatch in all our products. PDC offers multi-agency emergency dispatching ProQA® software, as well as a card-set version, AQUA® quality improvement software, training, consulting, and Academy accreditation support.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Click here to view the Federal EEO poster: