Priority Dispatch Corp. Employee Reviews

Bad Bad place
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 19, 2017
The Wadsworth Pharmacy is poorly run, so drivers wait and are not compensated for coming in for their required shift if no work is available. Rarely are orders ready on time. The pay is per outbound mile so returning to the Pharmacy for more work is unpaid. They take out for their phone/scanner and you have no option. The pharmacy is losing homes, and does not seem to care, which is killing the drivers opportunities to earn. Go elsewhere if you want to drive.
Pros
You work your own schedule
Cons
Almost everything else
Management is corrupt
Software Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 24, 2017
I loved working here for the friendships and experience I gained. I was overworked and underpaid. I was in many uncomfortable situations with not much resolution or support from management. After working there for 8 years, I realized just how unstructured and corrupt management is. It's a shame, because the software is awesome and saves lives, while the company itself ruins them. Lots of dishonesty going on here.
Pros
Close to city creek
Cons
Corrupt
Job
Software Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2017
Empty promises. They take pride in giving back to their employees but the department I was in was completely separate and we were not treated fairly. I was over worked and underpaid. They really need to work on their management team. You have to be perfect to work there.
Tech Support position overview
Software Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2017
Some amazing and inspiring people that work in various departments within the company.

Salary not commensurate for the work load performed/asked to deliver.

You will work hard and wear many hats, I enjoyed the challenge.

Great customer base overall, thoroughly enjoyed working with them every day.

If you are looking for a place to grow your skill set and promote within, I would recommend you look elsewhere.

A niche industry limiting the IT exposure/learning.
Pros
Generous vacation and sick time policy.
Cons
Lack of communication internally, Management not qualified for roles they are performing in, Power struggle in the upper ranks, No advancement opportunity - expectation is keep doing great work within current role, we cannot promise anything.
Great team and work environment
UM/UX Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 14, 2016
Have a great experience working for Priority Dispatch Corp. I worked in a great team environment. Had the best supervisor and co-workers I could ask for.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and employee of the quarter awards, Christmas and halloween parties
Good place to work if you don't want to move
Software Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
This place is great to be but you would have to be willing to not move in the company at all if you get hired. The hr is great an most of the people there are the best you'll meet.
Place is ok well it sucks
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
Place is ok to work at, however it has no real leaderahip, no real opportunities for advancement so where you start that's where you will stay. Majority of the management have never had any real skills to lead and manage. It's more of a place to create friendships but long lasting business relationships not so much. Either way if you want to learn cool software that is being used world wide in life saving situations, this is the place to be.
Co-workers & client feedback make this place a great place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 30, 2014
Everyone strives far beyond expectation but probably to a harmful point of perfection at times. A high turn over rate in some departments every now and then can hurt in a ripple effect throughout the company but overall, everyone bounces back pretty quick & fills in wherever needed. Everyone picks up their fair share and then some with no questions asked. Your co-workers really make it a place you love getting up to go to every day. And working frequently on the front-line, I can honestly say the client feedback reminds me on a regular basis just how great and lucky we are on all levels to work for such an outstanding company.
Dysfunctional
Consultant/Sales Rep/IT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityOctober 18, 2014
Current growing pains and lack of internal leadership are proving too much for this once well respected company. Selective adherence to common business practices. Current leadership is divided with a lot of turmoil in the upper ranks. Suffering from one bad apple has left many to resign and others considering alternative options of employment.
Cons
No leadership direction
Work Environment & Work Day
Medical Transport Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, Ohio to Bay City, MIMay 2, 2014
Able to work as fast as im able under stated laws and regulations at all times.

Typical day begins:

I get ready, arrive 15 min early most days (other days I'm right on time--sometimes get stuck in traffic on the way into the depot). Ex: I-75 South & / Northbound lanes shut down between Dixie HWY and Laplaisance due to Fatal Semi Fire & Accident.

Must arrive at the Depot around 12:45pm but not later than 2pm for pick-up. Once the drivers arrive, we wait for the containers to be filled by pharmacy personnel. All Containers have a printed number and QR bar-code. Once the containers are on their way thru the inner gate into the bay area...they must be stacked in order of delivery and grouped according to pertaining Route & Driver. Once the containers are stacked, they must be scanned and recorded by hand on the assigned route sheet that must be inside the vehicle within the driver's reach at all times.

After scanning and containers have been stacked, the drivers wait to claim all scanned items with a press of a buttom on the handheld computer/scanner devices. Once the All Clear has been given--ONLY THEN, may the drivers depart for their work day, BUT NOT BEFORE.

And each driver is responsible for dropping off Each Designated Container to its Precise Location--No mistakes are tolerated!
Pros
Fluid Work Environment unless encountering severe traffic
Cons
no career ladder, no benefits, takes up most of daylight time of each day...counter productive for non company stimuli
great experience
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHJanuary 3, 2014
I delivered medications to Nursing Homes. with that being said when delivering the medications we have to delivered in time if not delivered in time we might get fired.
Pros
worked as much hours as I wanted
Cons
road conditions were not factored in to the job
Great company to work for for many different specialties from office admin. to software developer.
Executive Admin (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 19, 2012
This is a great company to work for. Management is really understanding and the benefits are pretty good. Some areas have room for advancement but others are pretty static. It depends on where you start. Software development side can get a little crazy but they have some flexible leadership. The employees here are what make the company great. Everyone is awesome and willing to help out in a crunch.
Pros
management, compensation, coworkers, location, accessibility
Cons
some departments are a little dead end
busy.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2012
good working environment,friendly people. had a lot of fun driving
Pros
no benefit
Cons
no benefit
Small company experiencing growing pains
Prefer not to say. (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 5, 2012
PDC is a niche market and is growing rapidly. Most employees have several hats and do work very hard for the money that they earn
Pros
the people you work with and the customers you serve.
Cons
lack of growth within the company, pay could be better.
Independent work, lots of hours driving
Courier (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2012
The job was okay, with no one breathing down your neck, as long as you made scheduled pick-ups and deliveries on time. Lots of time to yourself, with random call-in orders to break up the monotony.
The bad thing is that there was lots of mileage, meaning lots of gas, and the compensation was not enough. It barely paid the bills, and was not a good job for a growing, aspiriing family.
Pros
unsupervised work, listening to radio/teaching
Cons
little pay, puts lots of mileage and wear on own personal vehicle
I really enjoyed working with this company they kept me very busy with delieveries.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2012
over all rating for all I've had more good days than bad i really enjoy my job to the full extent. management being on time ,being respectful, and knowning my job, and caring for peoples life. co worker being respectful to co workers, knowning the ends and outs of the job. the hardest part of my job is when i loose a client ,the most enjoyable part of my job is when i can make someone smile.
Good people and flexible schedule...for the most part.
Shipping and Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityMay 11, 2012
The company is a good company and takes care of their employees and schedule. Some of the managers are un-professional and should not have a job, but all-in-all it was a good experience.
Pros
schedule, service provided
Cons
communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priority Dispatch Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.2