Priority Dispatch Corp. Employee Reviews

Management is corrupt
Software Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 24, 2017
I loved working here for the friendships and experience I gained. I was overworked and underpaid. I was in many uncomfortable situations with not much resolution or support from management. After working there for 8 years, I realized just how unstructured and corrupt management is. It's a shame, because the software is awesome and saves lives, while the company itself ruins them. Lots of dishonesty going on here.
Pros
Close to city creek
Cons
Corrupt
Toxic environment in many departments
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 18, 2017
Poor and incompetent managers in many depts incl. Marketing & Communications. Employees long with the company promoted into management without any management or leadership abilities and are treated as tenured sacred calves.There were some pros to working there but lots of micromanagement from mid and upper echelon. Siloed and decentralized culture makes working with other depts within the company extremely difficult. Lower totem pole employees used as scapegoats by managers when confirms arise.
Pros
Bonuses, pay to some degree
Cons
Little room for advancement and some depts treated like trash by other depts, middle and upper management
Job
Software Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 29, 2017
Empty promises. They take pride in giving back to their employees but the department I was in was completely separate and we were not treated fairly. I was over worked and underpaid. They really need to work on their management team. You have to be perfect to work there.
Tech Support position overview
Software Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 14, 2017
Some amazing and inspiring people that work in various departments within the company.

Salary not commensurate for the work load performed/asked to deliver.

You will work hard and wear many hats, I enjoyed the challenge.

Great customer base overall, thoroughly enjoyed working with them every day.

If you are looking for a place to grow your skill set and promote within, I would recommend you look elsewhere.

A niche industry limiting the IT exposure/learning.
Pros
Generous vacation and sick time policy.
Cons
Lack of communication internally, Management not qualified for roles they are performing in, Power struggle in the upper ranks, No advancement opportunity - expectation is keep doing great work within current role, we cannot promise anything.
Great team and work environment
UM/UX Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 14, 2016
Have a great experience working for Priority Dispatch Corp. I worked in a great team environment. Had the best supervisor and co-workers I could ask for.
Pros
Free breakfast, lunch and employee of the quarter awards, Christmas and halloween parties
Good place to work if you don't want to move
Software Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 26, 2016
This place is great to be but you would have to be willing to not move in the company at all if you get hired. The hr is great an most of the people there are the best you'll meet.
Place is ok well it sucks
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 21, 2016
Place is ok to work at, however it has no real leaderahip, no real opportunities for advancement so where you start that's where you will stay. Majority of the management have never had any real skills to lead and manage. It's more of a place to create friendships but long lasting business relationships not so much. Either way if you want to learn cool software that is being used world wide in life saving situations, this is the place to be.
Co-workers & client feedback make this place a great place to work
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 30, 2014
Everyone strives far beyond expectation but probably to a harmful point of perfection at times. A high turn over rate in some departments every now and then can hurt in a ripple effect throughout the company but overall, everyone bounces back pretty quick & fills in wherever needed. Everyone picks up their fair share and then some with no questions asked. Your co-workers really make it a place you love getting up to go to every day. And working frequently on the front-line, I can honestly say the client feedback reminds me on a regular basis just how great and lucky we are on all levels to work for such an outstanding company.
Dysfunctional
Consultant/Sales Rep/IT (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake CityOctober 18, 2014
Current growing pains and lack of internal leadership are proving too much for this once well respected company. Selective adherence to common business practices. Current leadership is divided with a lot of turmoil in the upper ranks. Suffering from one bad apple has left many to resign and others considering alternative options of employment.
Cons
No leadership direction
Small company experiencing growing pains
Prefer not to say. (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 5, 2012
PDC is a niche market and is growing rapidly. Most employees have several hats and do work very hard for the money that they earn
Pros
the people you work with and the customers you serve.
Cons
lack of growth within the company, pay could be better.
Good people and flexible schedule...for the most part.
Shipping and Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake CityMay 11, 2012
The company is a good company and takes care of their employees and schedule. Some of the managers are un-professional and should not have a job, but all-in-all it was a good experience.
Pros
schedule, service provided
Cons
communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Priority Dispatch Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9