The Accounts Payable Specialist provides A/P data entry and requires strong attention to detail and a working knowledge of accounting policies and procedures. This position works independently and within a team environment, and may be cross-trained with other Accounting functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Processing weekly payments for over 100 independent contractors in a timely manner.
- Dating and sorting incoming invoices.
- Maintaining and recording purchase orders.
- Reviewing all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Performing data entry of high volume invoices into the accounting computer system for 4 different companies.
- Obtaining signatures on all A/P checks.
- Distributing signed checks as required.
- Reviewing monthly statements for missed invoices and request copies of missed invoices from vendors
- Receiving and responding to A/P inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Setting up new vendors into computer system.
- Requesting and tracking Form W-9 from vendors.
- Maintaining all A/P reports, spreadsheets and corporate A/P files.
- Filing paid invoices.
- Researching and solving payment discrepancies.
- Using QuickBooks and Microsoft Excel extensively.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Quickbooks
- Effective communication skills – ability to manage difficult client/customer situations, responding to requests for assistance and ability to meet commitments.
- Accurate data entry skills
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Effective time-management skills
- Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
Associate's degree (A. A) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organizing and coordinating information and deadlines
- Creating written communication
- Frequent computer and telephone use
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Attendance during core business hours
- Concentrating for long periods of time
Email resume with salary requirements. Our company thanks all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or drop-ins please.
Priority Dispatch Corp. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are a small, fast-growing provider of consulting, training, and software products for the public safety market. Priority Dispatch is based in the U.S. in downtown Salt Lake City, Utah. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and matching 401K programs, etc.
Priority Dispatch Corp. (PDC) provides comprehensive, integrated solutions for Police, Fire and Medical emergency dispatching. We incorporate the National Academies of Emergency Dispatch approved Priority Dispatch System® in all our products. PDC offers multi-agency emergency dispatching ProQA® Software, as well as a card-set version, AQUA® quality improvement software, training, consulting, and Academy accreditation support.