Priority Dispatch Inc.

Priority Dispatch Inc. Employee Reviews

productive and fun to work for priority
Lead I.C (Current Employee), cleveland ohioMarch 1, 2015
Pros: time management with other activities aside work
Cons: work through bad weather and holidays
report at the pharmacy, scan your paackages , load and embark on route deliveries. acquire signatures from nurses upon delivery and return signed copies of reciepts. Put tickets orders in for 3am sweep contractors to enable products tracking and commission payment.
Family Business
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, OHFebruary 27, 2015
.friendly management team
.clean and very comfortable environment
.opportunity for growth and development
. support and conceling to employees
Not worth your time or energy
Courier (Former Employee), Dayton, OHOctober 20, 2014
Pros: independent
Cons: own car, no insurance, bad work life
No opportunity, no vacations, no benefits, ...

Management and dispatch has no idea what each other does and can not work together.
Will run as far away as possible
Contract Courier (Current Employee), Vandalia, OHJune 13, 2014
Pros: you can make decent money
Cons: after spending said money on gas and dealing with the dispatch you have to work with, is it really worth it?
The work you do for Priority is actually not that bad. Stat drivers get a minimum guarantee, so sometimes you can be busy and sometimes you can be really slow with no issues. The thing that gets to me is how the company has become. Dispatch makes you seem like a worthless piece of trash to the customers, when in reality you are doing what you are told when you are told to do it. Customers have complained to me personally about the way dispatch treats them when they call and no one does anything about it. This does not even begin to touch the subject on the way dispatch talks to the drivers. And if you want your shift to end at the designated time, don't count on it. It doesn't matter if you have something to do, or another route to run. You are classified as an independent contractor, yet you don't make your own schedule, you don't dictate when you're going on lunch, you absolutely have to answer at all times during your shift, and you are required to do any run given to you if you expect to be paid your minimum guarantee. All Priority cares about is themselves. They want to make sure that they are your top "priority" in life, which is obviously a no go when you have family. After talking to a few other drivers and reading the reviews, I see I'm not the only one who feels this way. I have also learned that it will not be long before these same drivers who are tired of the bull decide to walk out on the job.
Work Environment & Work Day
Medical Transport Specialist (Current Employee), Toledo, Ohio to Bay City, MIMay 2, 2014
Pros: fluid work environment unless encountering severe traffic
Cons: no career ladder, no benefits, takes up most of daylight time of each day...counter productive for non company stimuli
Able to work as fast as im able under stated laws and regulations at all times.

Typical day begins:

I get ready, arrive 15 min early most days (other days I'm right on time--sometimes get stuck in traffic on the way into the depot). Ex: I-75 South & / Northbound lanes shut down between Dixie HWY and Laplaisance due to Fatal Semi Fire & Accident.

Must arrive at the Depot around 12:45pm but not later than 2pm for pick-up. Once the drivers arrive, we wait for the containers to be filled by pharmacy personnel. All Containers have a printed number and QR bar-code. Once the containers are on their way thru the inner gate into the bay area...they must be stacked in order of delivery and grouped according to pertaining Route & Driver. Once the containers are stacked, they must be scanned and recorded by hand on the assigned route sheet that must be inside the vehicle within the driver's reach at all times.

After scanning and containers have been stacked, the drivers wait to claim all scanned items with a press of a buttom on the handheld computer/scanner devices. Once the All Clear has been given--ONLY THEN, may the drivers depart for their work day, BUT NOT BEFORE.

And each driver is responsible for dropping off Each Designated Container to its Precise Location--No mistakes are tolerated!
Not much room for advancement
Warehouse/Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee), Dayton, OHJanuary 12, 2014
Pros: relationship with co-workers and independent contractors.
Cons: will be happy to discuss during interview.
Due to still being employed with this company. I would appreciate confidentiality. I will be happy to provide more information during an interview. I can advise, I give 100% to assist my co-workers, independent contractors and our clientele. Due to my work ethic and some company provisions it has progressively gotten harder/worse to fulfill all obligations on all sides.
great experience
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), Wadsworth, OHJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: worked as much hours as i wanted
Cons: road conditions were not factored in to the job
I delivered medications to Nursing Homes. with that being said when delivering the medications we have to delivered in time if not delivered in time we might get fired.
productive and friendly workers
Driver (Current Employee), cleveland , OhioJuly 12, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: vehicle breakdowns, prone to traffic violations
a typical day at work is stressful during late scheduled deliveries
great place to work for especially with other managers and dispatchers
Operations/Sales Manager (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CAApril 28, 2013
Pros: experience and developed managerial skills
Cons: long hours
long hours with the East and West coast operations
how to deal with franchise owners and drivers, dispatchers and other upper management.
started as a account manager,
president
operations manager
long hours and weekend calls during family time
busy.
Independent Contractor (Current Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 9, 2012
Pros: no benefit
Cons: no benefit
good working environment,friendly people. had a lot of fun driving
Independent work, lots of hours driving
Courier (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2012
Pros: unsupervised work, listening to radio/teaching
Cons: little pay, puts lots of mileage and wear on own personal vehicle
The job was okay, with no one breathing down your neck, as long as you made scheduled pick-ups and deliveries on time. Lots of time to yourself, with random call-in orders to break up the monotony.
The bad thing is that there was lots of mileage, meaning lots of gas, and the compensation was not enough. It barely paid the bills, and was not a good job for a growing, aspiriing family.
I really enjoyed working with this company they kept me very busy with delieveries.
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2012
over all rating for all I've had more good days than bad i really enjoy my job to the full extent. management being on time ,being respectful, and knowning my job, and caring for peoples life. co worker being respectful to co workers, knowning the ends and outs of the job. the hardest part of my job is when i loose a client ,the most enjoyable part of my job is when i can make someone smile.