Priority Health Employee Reviews

Encourages growth and development
Provider Enrollment Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 14, 2017
Likes to promote growth and development for employees with the company. Enables movement within the company.such as transfers and HR will help employees with resumes, going back to school, and exploring their future.
Pros
Flexible for family
Cons
Production per hour can be stressful
Health conscious Company
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 11, 2017
Priority Health strives to try and help all the employees to be as healthy as they can be by offering rewards by participating in different challenges throughout the year.
Pros
Rewards
Cons
No Cons
Balanced work invironment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 22, 2017
I had the pleasure of working for Priority Health before they merger with Spectrum as well as after the take over. Now life before the merger was very family oriented and low stress. Of course time brings about a change; so after the merger things changed with a balance of pros and cons. For the individuals who only knew the merger they have nothing but past work history to compare it to. However, those of us who had the opportunity of both worlds would have a total different outlook. Nevertheless, PH is still a great workplace compare to the competition, so I give them two thumbs up.
Pros
Pay and work load
Cons
Lunch periods went from 1 hour to 30 minutes and work from home cut
Loving you job
PHARMACY COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2017
one of the best and accommodating job Ive ever had that can turn into a career. Management is very helpful and very approachable, makes coming to work very pleasant
Great Place
Medicare Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 10, 2017
The office is beautiful, there is a fountain that makes you feel like you work for a beautiful workplace. For customer service appreciation week they gave everyone a 30 minute massage!
Pharmacy call center with a healthcare insurance company
Pharmacy Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 21, 2017
On a typical day I fielded incoming calls from retail pharmacies, members and doctor's offices. The calls ranged from resolving coverage issues to starting the prior authorization process.

While on the job, I learned a great deal about coverage for members prescriptions, to how to work in 2 different computer systems to gather and process information and how to communicate the legalize of the policy to the member into understandable words.

The management and work culture was good to work in. Management was focused on teaching and learning and they were very approachable. The culture was on of learning and working as a team to provide the best possible service to the members and providers.

The most difficult part of the job was making sure we were giving the correct information to the members. It was a constant challenge to interpret to policies correctly. The most enjoyable part was when issues were resolved positively for the members.
Pros
learning environment with positive feedback
Cons
diffusing difficult situations with members and providers
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 19, 2017
It's literally and awesome place to work! Fast paced during enrollment time so it's important to catch on and pay attention. We do have a lot of resources and everyone is willing to assist when needed.
Pros
beautiful view of the city
Cons
wish we weren't up so high lol
It was a fun place to work.
Senior Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 26, 2017
Priority Health was and still is a excellent place to work. Like every company it have it's up and down, but it has more ups. I can't not say anything negative.
Love taking care of older people.
Home Health Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 29, 2017
My Kindness is weak I will go out my way to help a disability individual.Its my job to take care of your elderly.Im a very helpful friendly person that consider n care for the disability that's not able to bath n feed and etc for theirselves.
Pros
Certificate
Cons
Healthcare
Hard working insurance company
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 10, 2017
I have worked in hospital setting most of my career so working in an office and then from home was quite a switch for me. I feel that Priority Health is an ethical insurance company and does care about it's members.
Pros
It is nice to be able to work from home.
Cons
Misss having contact with your co- workers.
Fun workplace
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHApril 26, 2017
Overall, it's a great company to work for. However, management needs improvement. It has also been a revolving door of people working there. Upper management does not seem to care about the caregivers. On the other hand, they are flexible in the office.Some people are very understanding.
Pros
Friendly people you meet
Cons
Didn't pay your for gas
Nice environment to work in
Administrative Secretary (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 2, 2017
This job has taught me a lot about myself, just from the people I work with. I have been 'forced' to grow up and learn to take care of things myself. Which is not a bad thing. I do not feel coddled at my job. I do, however, feel that advancing in the company is not an easy feat. Quite a few people that I work with have expressed that they have a desire to move up, or switch roles, and have made it known to their upline, and some have even applied, to no avail. I will say that is a down fall.

I also feel that the company does not do enough FOR the community although they claim to be pro-community. I feel that they can grow more in that area. Be more present in the city.

Overall, not a terrible place to work
Pros
nice benefits, nice people
Cons
not for everybody
Great Michigan Based Company
Medicare Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIMarch 31, 2017
My experience with Priority is both personal and professional. As a household member has their medicare product I can attest to the quality of the product. As a working member of the sales team, I was able to transfer that personal satisfaction into sales. Priority Health is the fastest growing medicare health plan in theState of Michigan with a great product and network. There is an ease at work although I worked as an inbound sales agent I felt no pressure to sell, thus had outstanding sales results.
Cons
Working as an in house sales agent limits you on commission and bonuses
Lots of potential for growth and development.
Wellness Business Representative (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 16, 2016
This company invests time and effort into their employees and leaders are genuinely interested in helping their teams grow. Although the compensation is average, the benefits are good.
great place to work with, awesome colleaguse, always something new
Market Intelligence Intern (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIOctober 29, 2016
-Flexible (some jobs allow you to work from home)
-Dress code is business-casual, but you can dress business-professional if in management or above
-Majority of people are super intelligent and kind
Very high pressure and fast paced
EDI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 6, 2016
I was part of project that had a very short time frame. Learned the basics about FFM and SHOP portions of the CMS document.
very professional, consistent
Customer Care Rep (Former Employee) –  NebraskaJune 7, 2016
log in windows, time keeper, search engines, systems of call center. positive attitude, commitment in delivering my best. heavy call volume is typical day, call handing requirements, resolve issues of health coverages, network coverages, setting up transportation with qualified members
Pros
ergonomic work station
Cons
high call volume
Fast-pace, high energy
Analyst/System Administrator PELC (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIApril 14, 2016
Creating new reports, learning new application, managing people, managing my boss, and supporting others.

Enjoyable - creativity, developing & implementing new processes, and independent work.
Fast paced work and not all areas in the office are quiet.
Lead then Supervisor, Provider Configuration (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 14, 2015
Priority Health is well balanced between work and family some areas are better than others, it all depends on the Manager of your area. The co-workers are great, as any company you will find some that are difficult to get along with but you have to learn how to get along with every type of person regardless of where you work. There is always something fun going on to help make your more enjoyable while your there. Which also helps build team moral.
Pros
You can balance your Work and Family Life pretty good.
New management position
Manager Premium & Enrollment Individual Operations (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 13, 2015
I had the best onboarding experience with this company. Very professional and informative. I have never experienced anything like this before.