Priority One Services, Inc Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Environment Conducive to Learning
Administrative Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 15, 2015
I have worked for this contractor on several contracts is two different states and I hold a very high opinion of them. Any issues that I have had had been with the individual, not the company. I have only met him briefly, but anyone who has met or had extended contact with him, has nothing but positive things to say about the owner of the company. I have known people who have worked for this company for 10+ years and they all share the same sentiment: overall, good company to work for. My immediate supervisors are always willing to sit and talk to me regarding any concerns that I may have. The management team has extensive experience that is drawn from military to private practice. They also provide constructive criticism and helpful career guidance. The most challenging part of my job is dealing with an angry customer. The most enjoyable part of my job is the family atmosphere of my building. I have built genuine friendships with several of my co workers. There is no typical day at work because everyday brings a new challenge to solve; so you become more proficient at handling issues that reoccur. I am a sponge, so I tend to always be in the process of learning something new. But one of the best overall learning experiences I have had thus far is to see first hand how to run a research facility.
Pros
Company pot lucks and luncheons, knowledgeable management staff, environment conducive to learning
Cons
short lunches
Fun working environment
ACUC Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2014
I enjoyed working with the people on the contract I worked under. I also enjoyed working with the researchers.
A great administrative job.
NIH, Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDDecember 21, 2013
This company was great and exposed me to most of my administrative skills.
Co-workers etc.
Sr. Floor Leader (LA) (Former Employee) –  NIH Campus Bethesda MdJuly 9, 2013
working with new employees, teaching the aspects of being a caretaker, the importance of the animals welfare and themselves to the research. Working with others as a team and rewards of how much and how well we can be together. And taking care of the animals is are number one job. Making sure that the work load is distributed as equally as possible. Making sure we have all supplies to get our task done for the day. Also that all rooms are covered for the day. Working with investigators making sure that they have evrything they need and to answer anu questions they may have. Helping other floors to make sure they are able to get their work loads done nd communicating with other team leaders and upper management. The most enjoyable part of the day is when all the amimals are taking care of and all caretakers are finished and then eveyone can go home with a smile on their face.
Pros
n/a
Cons
healtcare needed to be better
Not the best
AHT (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 23, 2012
I worked for Priority One for over 6 years (in 2 different jobs). It was a horrible experience. Though I learned a lot, the management was a terrible, "my way or the highway", have you on pins-and-needles dictatorship. They really made you feel like you weren't worthwhile and that is why I (and many others) stayed there for so long--they actually convince you that you can't do better. The most important thing I learned in my time there was how NOT to treat people.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
poor management
Good place to work.
Animal caretaker (Current Employee) –  Poolesville meOctober 15, 2012
Priority one services was a good place to work. I was an animal caretaker but we did a lot of hand on training and was trained to be a tech. The people are mostly nice, I think the worst thing about the company was an inability to move up. I worked there for 3 years as a caretaker with nhp and did a lot of technical training but there were no openings at the building I worked at. The people like it there too much to leave so advancing isn't really an option.
Fun, and Great place to work
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Taylors, SCJune 26, 2012
Shipping receiving clerk, Data entry, and customer service representative
Developed lasting friendships