As the Pricing Analyst, you will establish, maintain and analyze price reference documentation, and to make recommendations that will facilitate optimal pricing decisions to be made by the Business Development team.
- Provide the analytics to support the development of PPT’s pricing strategy, including segment strategies for the various markets.
- Conduct key pricing analysis and assessments, including collaborating with key counterparts in business development and finance.
- Help management the critical path of approved pricing recommendations, including analytical support, customer communications materials, and field sales communication.
- Provide regular and ad hoc pricing analysis and reporting for management.
- Track metrics and trends to uncover key insights that shape pricing plans.
- Prepare month end analysis of PPT financials to present to management.
- Coordinate proposal development with the business development team and management.
- Download and organize baseline price information, analyze and report on inconsistencies, and identify opportunities to optimize profitability through price strategies.
- Establish a system of documentation, communication and review of internal and external comparative price data, including wins and losses due to price.
- Perform margin and pricing analysis to support key business initiatives as required.
- Perform monthly analysis of existing transactional level data to identify price/margin erosion and assist sales and product management teams in constructing and implementing solutions.
- Assists program managers in development and analysis of project budgets.
- Monitor contract value, funding needs, and change orders in coordination with contract specialist and adjust budgets accordingly.
- In coordination with projects managers, prepare projections of revenue and expenses for projects based on numerous variables and data assumptions.
- Provide financial analysis support to management, to include: Analysis of corporate budget vs. actual expenses.
- Create rolling financial statement and indirect rate forecasts based on the latest contract revenue and expense projections and budget assumptions.
- Independently develop new Excel models, charts, and graphs and procedures as necessary.
Job Description – Pricing Analyst Job Description (Continued)
- Analyze market dynamics, pricing trends, market opportunities, operating and sales margins in order to develop reports, procedures and tools for pricing and quoting.
- Take initiative in identifying and resolving issues around pricing and margin.
- Perform other duties as assigned, including ad-hoc analysis on methods to optimize price through market and pricing strategies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent analytical skills, supported by a strong attention to detail and driven towards key insights.
- Problem solving skills and intellectual curiosity with a bias towards solution development.
- Strong collaboration and team leadership skills, with experience leading cross-functional projects.
- Ability to work under pressure while meeting tight deadlines.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and financial modeling skills.
- Experience with VBA and Access a plus
- Desires to learn and motivation to continue to grow with the organization.
- Understanding of P&L basics.
Work is performed in an office. Must be able to lift, push or pull 20 pounds or more and be able to stand for brief periods.
- B.S. in Accounting/Finance, or Business with a focus on accounting/finance.
- 4-6 years of progressively responsible for financial analysis and pricing experience in an IT services contacting environment
- Experience in development of IT Service cost proposals
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports and projections. Must be able to effectively present financial information and analysis to management
- Excellent math skills and strong attention to detail are required to be successful in this position
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills required
- Excellent PC skills required. Expert knowledge of Excel required
- Must successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
Please click the link below to apply online:
Indeed - 11 months ago