Purchasing/Logistics Clerk - Entry-Level Position
The Purchasing/Logistics Clerk applies the principles of procurement to daily parts and equipment acquisition to ensure expenditures are at best price levels and that delivery will meet Customer Service Level Agreement requirements. Monitors purchasing to ensure highest levels of efficiency are maintained.
1. Identify sources to acquire parts and equipment which are cost competitive and can meet delivery requirements for the specific customer.
2. Track and follow-up on all orders placed to ensure that supplier’s commitments for delivery are maintained. If package tracking is unavailable, maintain contact with vendor and keep records of all status information received.
3. Re-route deliveries as necessary when incorrect shipping address has been provided to vendor, such that delivery reaches correct customer address within time parameters established for the service technician to complete the repair/install.
4. Place orders for parts to be carried in inventory through All programs to maintain inventory levels for specific contracts.
5. Maintain excellent customer/vendor relationship with parts suppliers to gain maximum support for orders when extra effort is required of them to assist in meeting our customer’s expectations.
6. Review requisition orders in order to verify accuracy, terminology and specifications.
7. Assess the availability of parts with various vendors in preparation of placing high priority orders for PPT customers.
8. Be a backup to the warranty administrator order in warranty parts
9. Confer with staff, users and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods or services and determine corrective action.
10. Prepare a variety of purchasing activity reports for management as requested.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Maintain competencies in all areas related to performing purchasing duties.
2. Provide back up to other staff assigned to assist with high levels of work or other peak load circumstances.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL and ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
1. Knowledge of Microsoft Office (primarily Access, Word, and Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Excel) software and purchasing specific software applications such as NAV.
2. Work requires the ability to deal with a large amount of detailed information that has time specific schedules associated with it.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend work. Work may involve lifting, pushing or carrying documents weighing 20 pounds.
1. High School diploma or GED
2. Two years of purchasing and or accounting experience
3. Experience working with a dedicated purchasing system such as NAV (accounting system) or others.
4. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
1. Must successfully pass a background check and drug screen.
2. Position will require an 8am to 5pm shift.
Please click here to apply online: