privatehousehold Employee Reviews

Assisted living activities
Private Caretaker (Current Employee) –  Marysville, CANovember 16, 2017
Assist an individual in the comfort of their own home with daily living activities , such as bathing, bill pay , medication routine , assist with daily chores such as laundy and household cleaning, and transport to and from appointments ect.
Pros
Getting to help people stay in the comfort of their own home.
Cons
Would love to help more than am allowed to.
This job provides flexible hours
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Alexis, ILNovember 15, 2017
I take care of a family member in their home. This job is rewarding in many ways. It is emotionally rewarding to take care of somebody and know how grateful the family members are.
Pros
Provides a variety of tasks throughout the day
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Very relaxed
Nanny/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHNovember 14, 2017
If you like the one on one its the perfect job you have one boss and some what of the same routine everyday. Its regular house duties that you would have at home. Keep the house tidy cook and take care of the children .
Decent work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 10, 2017
Enjoyed working privately for this person. They were a good boss, through very demanding. Definitely worth everything I had to take care, from: cooking, cleaning, basic household dealings.
Strenuous and must be patient with young students
Piano Instructor, Theory Tutor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 10, 2017
Instructed young students in music theory and practicing piano for those interested in piano competitions or those who would love to learn piano for their own interests. Quite difficult when young students have not practiced their assigned hours or when they are not in the mood to want to attend class.
Pros
Meeting new young people, learning and practicing piano yourself
Cons
Many young students who may have a bad and not wish to make it easy for you
Great inviorment
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZNovember 9, 2017
I would perform normal household duties. I did this for my neighbor who was also my good friend. I would clean every Friday and sometimes the following Saturday.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Big house
pretty easy going
mechahnic (Former Employee) –  Mayetta, KSNovember 8, 2017
lot of talking with customers about their cars and other things working outside in the heat most days cold shop in the winter on the flip side very experienced manager good customers and work atmoshphere.
I enjoy working here
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southbridge, MANovember 7, 2017
It was a big break for me after working 17 years in a nursing home. I'm so use to running around in the nursing home so it was hard to adjust to sitting and helping one person.
Pros
One patient to take care of
Cons
Never knowing when it was going to end.
very happy where i was
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 6, 2017
it wasn't so much as a job I felt like they were more like family. my manager worked with my schedule regardless of the situation. I was happy to be there until the end.
Nanny
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newton, MANovember 4, 2017
This would have been a job that I was still employed, but there was a problem w/the woman I worked for. There was domestic violence in the marriage, of which I was not aware of until I was employed there for about 6 months. The job then became very stressful and my employer took a lot of her stress out on me.
I couldn't stay.
Pros
I love children of all ages, so if you like children, it's a great way to make a living
Cons
There has to be a good rapport between the employer and yourself or it just can't work out.
not a fun place to be
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 1, 2017
you quickly get tired of each other. very stressful atmosphere. trust me. u dont want to do it. you will quickly get stuck whether you like it or not.
Pros
place to stay
Cons
stressful
love taking of the elderly
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Hawkinsville, GAOctober 30, 2017
I have learned to appreciate what I have in life once it is gone you can't get it back. Being able to help someone makes me feel good that I did a good deed for the day.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
15 minute break
convenient and challenging
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 27, 2017
This was a routine type of job. Cooking and cleaning and running errands. It was a positive work place. The hours were convenient and flexible. The hardest part of this job really was the attachment and comfort. The most enjoyable part was that I was able to be there for my children.
Pros
being able to be there when my children needed me most.
Cons
no pay, no benefits
Nice lady
In Home Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAOctober 26, 2017
Very sweet caring woman to care for . Some days more stressful than others depending on the needs of the client It was a good experience and I miss her dearly.
Kids, Playtime, Fun
Babysitting (Former Employee) –  Woodland, CAOctober 26, 2017
i would start my day in the late afternoon, i would babysit kids of parents that i know and i would let the kids play and have fun, feed them lunch and about around 3pm would have them settle down and and lay them down and watch a movie and the kids would fall asleep usually in the middle of the movie. What i learned in babysitting is to have patience with the kids. When the kids would play was often the hardest part because sometimes they like to run off or try to get to things they were not allowed to have, but the enjoyable part was just being in the same presence as the kids because me, myself loved kids and working with them.
Pros
kids, laughter, fun time
Cons
kids throwing fits, not listening
great position
Childcare Provider (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 26, 2017
Responsible for supervising, nurturing, and caring for school age child while parent is working. Ensure that homework is completed. Prepare nutritious meals, wash and iron clothes. Stimulate child’s social, emotional and intellectual growth. Brief parent daily on child’s activities and behavior. Perform light housekeeping.
Pros
great hours
Cons
n/a
Great job
Caregiver/Companion (Former Employee) –  Olive Branch, MSOctober 23, 2017
Thank you for making me write something for a job that does not exist anymore. The information is useless and you suck. Did you get all of that? I am still typing blabla bla
Love my job
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 23, 2017
I have a private duty job. I love my job and the family.. Don't especially like the hours I work sometimes. Just looking for a 2nd job to have more in come.
I was a nanny for a year at my home
Stay at Home Parent (Former Employee) –  Newtown Square, PAOctober 22, 2017
I watched an eighteen month old at my own along with my son who was two years old.

A typical day was caring for two small children. Feeding them sometimes three times a day if the child was still at our home at dinnertime.
I took them everywhere and we had a lot of fun. Trips to the library, parks, zoo, museums, and outside play.
I gave them age appropriate crafts and started teaching basic skills.
Since this job was at my home the culture was a supportive loving one. The hardest part of my job was caring for two children around the same age all day. It was also the most enjoyable part. Making extra money while being with my son.
Pros
I could stay at my own home with my young son.
Cons
n/a
House cleaner
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAOctober 20, 2017
It wasn't a paid job. I worked for a family friend cleaning their houses. The houses were more dirty then you would think from looking out side but i got the job done anyway