Pro Athlete, Inc. is a rapidly growing e-commerce provider of sporting goods through websites including JustBats.com and JustBallGloves.com. The company is a three-time nominee and 2012 third place winner for the “Best Places to Work in Kansas City” award, a 2012 nominee for “Kansas City’s Healthiest Employer” award, and the 2012, KC Corporate Challenge champion, that is currently seeking a Talent Manager to work in our Kansas City North location.
Want to manage talent for a company culture that lives outside the box?
Want to work in Human Resources, and work for a company that throws “the old HR” reputation out the window and focuses on treating employees like elite Talent, and not just a “resource”?
- Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job agreements for all positions
- Maintains organization staff by establishing recruiting, testing, and interviewing programs; counsels managers on candidate selection; conducts and analyzes exit interviews; recommends changes
- Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs
- Maintains a pay plan by conducting periodic pay surveys; schedules and conducts job evaluations; prepares pay budgets; monitors and schedules individual pay actions; recommends, plans, and implements pay structure revisions
- Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by training managers to coach and discipline employees; schedule management conferences with employees; hear and resolve employee grievances; counsel employees and supervisors
- Maintains employee benefits programs and informs employees of benefits by studying and assessing benefit needs and trends; recommending benefit programs to management; directing the processing of benefit claims; obtaining and evaluating benefit contract bids; awarding benefit contracts; designing and conducting educational programs on benefit programs
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings
- Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures
- Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Completes human resource operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results
- Maintains human resource staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees
- Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources
- Minimum of 3-5 years in the Human Resources field
- Able to speak in front of large groups during orientation and training
- Ability to develop positive rapport with employees at all levels in the company
- Strong understanding of and experience with employment law
- Experience with HR Management Software programs
- Experience administering employee payroll and benefits for 100 employees or more
- Recruiting experience
- Experience onboarding new employees
- Experience building and improving new hire training programs
- 1-2 years of Human Resource Management experience
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources
- PHR or SPHR Certification
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
This position would allow an applicant to be a part of a rapidly growing company as well as other perks such as, but not limited to, free meals provided daily by an in-house chef, access to a personal trainer, swimming pool, racquetball court, batting cage, basketball court, hot tub, on-site laundry facilities, cardio room, weight room, sauna, ping pong tables, game room equipped with all of the current gaming systems as well as the classic stand up arcade, a physical library containing hundreds of books on a variety of professional as well as personal development subjects, an Mp3 library with over 200 audio books, a very relaxed dress code and a company culture that is second to none.
Equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Pro Athlete Inc. is a drug/smoke free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
How to Apply:
Please reply to this ad by inserting your name, email address and resume below.
For an inside look at our company as well as a look at our facilities, please feel free to visit www.proathleteinc.com.