Pro Med Employee Reviews

Recruiter
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 27, 2015
This was a PRN medical staffing agency. I was a recruiter that handle CNA's, and RN's. As soon as I got to worked, I went therough all the applications that came through the night before and did an extensive phone screen to make sure they understood completely about the position, the salary, and that it was not permanent. I would then send them to the staffer who would approve the candidate and decide to work with them or not. With this company I did not learn that much. I had already been proficient with the systems they used and the job posting sites. The management was very unprofessional and spoke to us, the employees, about drugs and other things. All of the co-workers were friends outside of work, and had known each other for years. They were not professional, and they were waiting for another friend to apply for the position that I had been hired to fill. The hardest part about the job was trying to work the systems the way they used them so that I was on the same page as them but was never told or shown how they wanted things done after asking over and over for guidance. They would also yell at me in front of everyone if a mistake was made, yet they never showed ame the correct way to do it. The most enjoyable part of the job was deciding that it was not a good fit and leaving. I was miserable and I needed to find the right company that I fit in with.
Pros
We had weekends off.
Cons
the employees, the management, the overall dread of having to wake up and go to a job that I did not want to be at.
Really good company to work in.
Office Assistant and Company Technician (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRApril 15, 2016
ProMed was a Medical Supply company with great leadership. Once medicare started making the changes it was really tough to sustain a small business company. It was a great experience working for this company.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
not much benefits, no health plan.
Catchy name but no substance
Prospective Hire (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 5, 2016
Family business run from Florida trying to exploit workers for their pound of flesh. Phone calls not returned, email ignored and high turnover at field offices. ICD-10 hiring frenzy resuscitated these deadbeats. You can find better more relevant agents than this blast from the past.
Pros
Cons
Greedy flesh peddlers
Pro Med
Registered Nurse- Travel/Contract/PRN (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Pro Med takes excellent care of me, assists me with furthering my education, and always puts my needs and wants first. I will never work for another aganecy.
Pros
CEU's, certifications, bonuses
Cons
healthcare
The per diem status allowed flexiblity in work hours
RN Home Care Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 4, 2014
I would recieve a list of patients contact information,i would then call them and schedule my visit. I learned to effectively manage my time, developed/provided excellent communication skills, developed a higher wound care and IV proficiency. And developed skills in admission and discharge and OASIS completions.I felt like pert of a team. The hardest part of my job was not being able to expedite the ordering of patients supplies when needed and dealing with terminally ill patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made a difference in patients lives and provided a valuable service to the community.
Pros
schedule flexiblity, ability to work independently
Cons
no health insurance benefits, no guarantee of hours
My Summary of Promed Healthcare Services
LPN (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMay 22, 2013
I enjoyed hospice work and being able to give my patient and the family my undivided attention and the best care possible during this time. I traveled to various homes and cities to do hospice work trying whenever I could to stay as close to home as possible. The Management at Promed was the best, very professional, and easy to get along with. The hardest part of the job was during the time when the regular agencies didn't need extra staffing and there was no work. It is difficult to get hired in with the actual agencies. I enjoyed helping the families understand the dying process by going over some of the handouts that each company usually provided, and would refer them to the appropriate staff professional ( RN, Chaplin, or Social Worker) with issues not taken care of while I was there. I look forward to still working with Promed when I go down to Fla. in the winter.
Pros
daily pay
Cons
many times not enough hours.
Not worth your time
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2014
This agency sucks...I was placed on an assignment where the boss verbally abused me on a daily bases. I notified the PROMED agency and all they worried about was keeping their contract. In the end I was informed from an employee that I was the sixth Administrative Assistant that was sent to endure that nightmare. Eventually I could no longer take it and quit...can you believe the agency was angry with me for leaving? What a joke.
Pros
outstanding starting salary
Cons
they only care about how much money you can make them not about your safety.
Good
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  ATLANTA GAApril 22, 2014
Work in a fast pace enviroment with different multi culture and diverse population. Able to communicate strongly well and relate with the patients also share a positive attitude toward staff and patient as some time a patient may get frustrated over there medication but I am able to calm patient down and explain to them a easier way to cope with some of there issues. The most best part of my day is working together with my team and getting the job done .
Pros
good in communication and team player
Just one of the several agencies with no opportunity to make money or advance.
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJuly 15, 2014
Have no work available most of the time unless you like working hospice care night shift,weekends, and holiday's. They have recruiters and managers that don't know anything about healthcare. Pay is horrible and so is management.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list

Comment – November 10, 2014

I am sorry you had a negative experience. We have many types of opportunities available! We match skills, test scores and experiences with our client requests. Clients use agency to fill the shifts their own staff are least likely to work.

Awesome company!
Travel RN Telemetry/ICU (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2013
Pro Med Staffing and an awesome company to work with, they are very hands on and all about making everything perfect for their employees!

Very organized and pro active in securing just the right position for you. Great compensation/benefits and environment.
Pros
compensation/benefits work hours
Pro Med
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2015
Wonderful Charge Nurse and I like that I could keep up my immunization skills and IV skills. Not the best place for growth as a nurse.
Never knew how many hours I would get in a shift.
Hospice LPN-prn (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 2, 2012
I would be sent to a person's home, and they would either pass away or be sent to the hospital. If a nurse had more seniority than I did, they were able to take away my shift. Since my wife was disabled and we relied on my paycheck, it was difficult not knowing how many hours I would get from one week to the next.

I enjoyed working with the hospice patients-trying to make their lives and their families the best I could with what little time they had left.
The hardest part was getting attached and then seeing them pass away.

It was difficult being sent all over the state-on some cases I had to get a hotel room because the drive was so far in order to get hours in.

I enjoyed all of the nurses that I followed and preceeded on each case-never had any problems with any of them.

I was used to working night shifts, and driving 2 hours one way to work a day shift was really rough-made it hard for me to stay awake.
Pros
i was able to make some money.
Cons
i never knew if i was going to get any hours in a week or not.
Working in the Medical field.
Administrative Assistant (Temp.) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Was able to work for several insurance agencies and a hospital. Was a quick learner and had the opportunity to work in the Biomedical Engineering department at NY Presbyterian hospital. Had the opportunity to enter insurance codes, file paperwork and update Doctor information.
Pros
A learning experience
Cons
It was only temporary
I enjoyed working for Pro Med
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 25, 2014
I worked at several area hospitals and traveled all over Florida as a staff relief nurse thru this agency, My boss was T. B. and is a dynamite person . She is so full of energy is passes onto you. She always pushed for her employee to go further . I really enjoyed the hospital setting and I learned a lot and kept my skills up . There is always new medicine and new procedures . The hardest part of the job was probably learning what they wanted in there computer system and who to call when it didn't let you in it . I always get along with my co-workers and I am usually very well liked by my superiors because I do my work and I feel I do it well .
Pros
dynamite employer
I have a woderful relationship with promed job agency.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Long Island,New yorkNovember 29, 2011
I really liked working for Promed, I had alot of work. And when I needed time off I just called and told them I wasnt taking any assinments and when I was ready to go back to work I called and told them I was available they always had work. I had a good relationship with the recruiters they were always available everytime I called I spoke with someone I felt very comfortable with the staff at promed they were always heipful and always there when I called.
Pros
worked when i wanted to.
as a fast learner I gained a great experience from each sites
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  NYAugust 4, 2012
Even I went to different sites and worked with different coworkers I could make a typical and excited work day, as I’m a team player, dynamic, organized professional person I’m always able to turn the work from hard to easy and enjoyable. Success my job and the company which I work with is my aim.
Bi-Lingual Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2014
I provided supportive service coordination to families who were currently homeless or families who transitioned from shelters to permanaent housing. I was able to go out and meet my with families who have transitioned from temporary housing to permanent housing and provide supportive servies and resources that would help them to secure their permanent housing.
Fair
Administrative Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Only received one assignment from them. Not good at following up.
Cons
bad communication with applicant (me)
License Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 20, 2013
Worked for ProMed on different assignments. Was unable to get a long term position through them. The experience was great!
Pros
different positions
Cons
no work in my field
Working with different areas of nursing
Professional Nurse Staffing (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLMarch 25, 2013
useing skills, learning new equipment, meeting a lot of different people, teaching people and learning from them too.
Pros
sceduling
Cons
healthcare and vacation

2.8