Pro Med Employee Reviews

Home Care Provider (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILOctober 24, 2016
its a very nice place to work the work isn't very hard .there are good manager there that will help u find other people to work with. Its a nice job for a pace of mind good helpful people there.
Really good company to work in.
Office Assistant and Company Technician (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRApril 15, 2016
ProMed was a Medical Supply company with great leadership. Once medicare started making the changes it was really tough to sustain a small business company. It was a great experience working for this company.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
not much benefits, no health plan.
Catchy name but no substance
Prospective Hire (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMarch 5, 2016
Family business run from Florida trying to exploit workers for their pound of flesh. Phone calls not returned, email ignored and high turnover at field offices. ICD-10 hiring frenzy resuscitated these deadbeats. You can find better more relevant agents than this blast from the past.
Pros
Cons
Greedy flesh peddlers
Pro Med
Registered Nurse- Travel/Contract/PRN (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLJanuary 18, 2016
Pro Med takes excellent care of me, assists me with furthering my education, and always puts my needs and wants first. I will never work for another aganecy.
Pros
CEU's, certifications, bonuses
Cons
healthcare
Recruiter
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 27, 2015
This was a PRN medical staffing agency. I was a recruiter that handle CNA's, and RN's. As soon as I got to worked, I went therough all the applications that came through the night before and did an extensive phone screen to make sure they understood completely about the position, the salary, and that it was not permanent. I would then send them to the staffer who would approve the candidate and decide to work with them or not. With this company I did not learn that much. I had already been proficient with the systems they used and the job posting sites. The management was very unprofessional and spoke to us, the employees, about drugs and other things. All of the co-workers were friends outside of work, and had known each other for years. They were not professional, and they were waiting for another friend to apply for the position that I had been hired to fill. The hardest part about the job was trying to work the systems the way they used them so that I was on the same page as them but was never told or shown how they wanted things done after asking over and over for guidance. They would also yell at me in front of everyone if a mistake was made, yet they never showed ame the correct way to do it. The most enjoyable part of the job was deciding that it was not a good fit and leaving. I was miserable and I needed to find the right company that I fit in with.
Pros
We had weekends off.
Cons
the employees, the management, the overall dread of having to wake up and go to a job that I did not want to be at.
new ownership took over in 2013
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2015
Promed is small NY based agency which allows individuals without recruiting or healthcare experience to learn the business.
Get to work with the clients and place talented healthcare professionals.
Pros
Weekends off.
Cons
Benefits could be better.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 2, 2015
Wonderful Charge Nurse and I like that I could keep up my immunization skills and IV skills. Not the best place for growth as a nurse.
Working in the Medical field.
Administrative Assistant (Temp.) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 27, 2015
Was able to work for several insurance agencies and a hospital. Was a quick learner and had the opportunity to work in the Biomedical Engineering department at NY Presbyterian hospital. Had the opportunity to enter insurance codes, file paperwork and update Doctor information.
Pros
A learning experience
Cons
It was only temporary
Fair
Administrative Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2015
Only received one assignment from them. Not good at following up.
Cons
Bad communication with applicant (me)
The per diem status allowed flexiblity in work hours
RN Home Care Visiting Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLOctober 4, 2014
I would recieve a list of patients contact information,i would then call them and schedule my visit. I learned to effectively manage my time, developed/provided excellent communication skills, developed a higher wound care and IV proficiency. And developed skills in admission and discharge and OASIS completions.I felt like pert of a team. The hardest part of my job was not being able to expedite the ordering of patients supplies when needed and dealing with terminally ill patients. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made a difference in patients lives and provided a valuable service to the community.
Pros
Schedule flexiblity, ability to work independently
Cons
No health insurance benefits, no guarantee of hours
Just one of the several agencies with no opportunity to make money or advance.
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FloridaJuly 15, 2014
Have no work available most of the time unless you like working hospice care night shift,weekends, and holiday's. They have recruiters and managers that don't know anything about healthcare. Pay is horrible and so is management.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list
Official response from Pro Med
November 10, 2014

I am sorry you had a negative experience. We have many types of opportunities available! We match skills, test scores and experiences with our client requests. Clients use agency to fill the shifts their own staff are least likely to work.

Not worth your time
Adminstrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2014
This agency sucks...I was placed on an assignment where the boss verbally abused me on a daily bases. I notified the PROMED agency and all they worried about was keeping their contract. In the end I was informed from an employee that I was the sixth Administrative Assistant that was sent to endure that nightmare. Eventually I could no longer take it and quit...can you believe the agency was angry with me for leaving? What a joke.
Pros
Outstanding starting salary
Cons
They only care about how much money you can make them not about your safety.
Bi-Lingual Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 20, 2014
I provided supportive service coordination to families who were currently homeless or families who transitioned from shelters to permanaent housing. I was able to go out and meet my with families who have transitioned from temporary housing to permanent housing and provide supportive servies and resources that would help them to secure their permanent housing.
Good
CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  ATLANTA GAApril 22, 2014
Work in a fast pace enviroment with different multi culture and diverse population. Able to communicate strongly well and relate with the patients also share a positive attitude toward staff and patient as some time a patient may get frustrated over there medication but I am able to calm patient down and explain to them a easier way to cope with some of there issues. The most best part of my day is working together with my team and getting the job done .
Pros
Good in communication and team player
Teaching facility
RN (Current Employee) –  Lakeland, FLApril 21, 2014
Everyone is helpful and wiling to show you things. Always have shifts available.
Pros
Reimburstment on uniforms
I enjoyed working for Pro Med
LPN (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMarch 25, 2014
I worked at several area hospitals and traveled all over Florida as a staff relief nurse thru this agency, My boss was T. B. and is a dynamite person . She is so full of energy is passes onto you. She always pushed for her employee to go further . I really enjoyed the hospital setting and I learned a lot and kept my skills up . There is always new medicine and new procedures . The hardest part of the job was probably learning what they wanted in there computer system and who to call when it didn't let you in it . I always get along with my co-workers and I am usually very well liked by my superiors because I do my work and I feel I do it well .
Pros
Dynamite employer
Cons
Offered a variety of different temp positions
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Offered a variety of different temp positions. Was very accessible
My day
Front Office/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 3, 2013
It can be very challenging at times. But it also has it's good times.
good company
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New YorkOctober 28, 2013
Good company great pay and able to meet and network with other professionals
Pros
good placements and network with other professionals
Cons
short term
Awesome company!
Travel RN Telemetry/ICU (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 20, 2013
Pro Med Staffing and an awesome company to work with, they are very hands on and all about making everything perfect for their employees!

Very organized and pro active in securing just the right position for you. Great compensation/benefits and environment.
Pros
compensation/benefits work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pro Med. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8