Pro Staff Employee Reviews

Exciting
Supervisor of Enhanced Support Team (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 10, 2016
Learned new management techniques and more improved ways of assisting customers in multiple countries. Learned what it was like as a vendor center manager.
Pros
Technology Training
Cons
Company Contracts
March 1, 2016

Thank you so much for your review of Pro Staff! I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you were able to learn new management techniques. It is always our hope that we are providing our associates with opportunities that allow them to grow, and it sounds like that was accomplished for you!

Worst place to work they waste ur time
Mail Sorter (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Went in for interview and a over all look at the work place on the site it said they had first shift available but when you get there they only have Second part time at that then they had a 3 day project job for first shift bull****com they wasted my time their users that's all but not me they not bout to use me mother****
Cons
Use you up lairs
March 1, 2016

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your time with Pro Staff. I am disappointed to see that your expectations were not met when it came to shift availability. Unfortunately it is not always possible for us to anticipate our clients changing needs. We work to provide the most accurate and up to date information we have available at the time of hire. Please feel free to reach out to our Human Resources department if you would like to discuss your concerns more in depth.

Great opportunities
Operator (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJanuary 27, 2016
Work was easy, loved coming to work, the 12 hour shifts were draining. Lots of paper work had to be filed every day using Microsoft excel and Microsoft word.
Pros
free lunch every other week.
Cons
Breaks when ever i wanted
March 1, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review Pro Staff! I am happy to hear that you loved coming to work, it is incredibly important to us that you are satisfied with your assignments. Thanks again!

Fun To work
Order management (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 9, 2015
Nice Environment for development in the Appraisal Management trade. Management accommodated volunteer and encouraged support for social development.
Pros
Leadership
Cons
Workload was insufficient to remain on staff
February 15, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your experience with Pro Staff, it is greatly appreciated. I am glad to see that you felt the environment was good for development and that you were supported in your social endeavors. It is disappointing to hear that your workload was insufficient to remain employed. Please continue to search for new opportunities on our website, or reach out to our field representatives directly!

Demanding
Inspector/Sewing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Big Rapids, MINovember 29, 2015
I enjoyed learning how to sew different sections of the shoes and inspecting and learning from my coworkers, but the hardest and boring part of the job was cleaning the shoes and standing in one spot, not moving for 8 hours.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
They were very helpful in getting the temp to hire position for PFS Web
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 12, 2015
They were also very helpful if there were any issues that I had. They also had an onsite representative to speak with when you had any questions.
Pros
Cons
Pay could have been more competitive
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNNovember 10, 2015
the offices that I have worked with have been good to me in finding jobs quickly. there have been acouple places that the management has not always been the most honest
Working with other product builders
Product Builder I (Former Employee) –  Spencer, INNovember 6, 2015
Working with other product builders to build parts that save lives of patients every day. What an empowering thing to be a part of!
Discouraging and unfriendly, felon hostile
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 19, 2015
I've worked once for Pro Staff in early 1997 and then signed up again with them in 2015. My experience both times is that the staff were discouraging and unfriendly and most recently they are quite hostile to ex-felons.

I've mostly been a software engineer since 1987. When I signed up in 1997 I was between contracts and needed something quick to pay rent. They tried very hard to discourage me from taking any sort of clerical position under the assumption that I would be very disappointed with pay.

They did find me a job though, and while it didn't pay anywhere near as much as I made as a software engineer, I didn't expect it to. And the job was a good job for me. I was a temporary admin assistant at the U of MN Chemistry department. Re-typing and reformatting obtuse academic papers on chemistry was actually kind of fun.

This most recent experience has been far worse. They essentially will not hire felons. And they don't care whether or not it has anything to do with the work to be done. Their excuse is 'most of our employers require background checks', but I doubt they would be willing to talk to you even for an employer that wasn't. They're very close to violating the 'ban the box' law in Minnesota.

They are coldly polite about it all of course, just like they were coldly polite when I insisted that I'd be OK with an admin assistant job that paid 1/2 to 1/3 of what I had been making. But the unspoken message was clear. We aren't interested in you and won't submit you.
Pros
Professionally run, good employer reputation
Cons
Cold and unfriendly to the people they place, won't work at all with felons
This is a great staffing agency
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIOctober 6, 2015
This is the staffing agency that placed me at Decorative Specialties International and at Fleet Financial. It also placed me in other assignments and I enjoyed working for them.
November 24, 2015

Thank you for your comment! The time and energy that our “talent” take to provide us feedback on their experiences helps us better understand what we’re doing well as an organization and where we may have opportunity to improve. I’m so pleased to hear that you’ve been placed on several assignments that have met your needs. We value the relationships we have with our “talent” and look forward to our continued partnership with you.

Clay Morel
CEO

Great staff
ADMINISTRATIVE/RECEPTION (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 1, 2015
I only worked with Pro Staff for a short time. They were wonderful and found me a job with FICO within a few weeks. They followed up with me when I was working with FICO and they made sure I was given the wage I requested.
November 24, 2015

I truly appreciate the time you’ve taken to provide us your feedback. It’s great to hear that you were not only placed on an assignment quickly but you also received your desired wage. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with us on Indeed and we look forward to our continued partnership with you.

Greg Jensen
VP, Pro Staff

Mail Sorter/ Encoding (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 22, 2015
When start work i sort out mail by hand all day in a fast past and they time you all the time. (25 pieces per minute)
In the encoding part your on the computer scanning mail and making sure the right stamp is on the mail in a timely manner. (1000 pieces an hour) The hardest part is if your slow every day they will fire you asap, so you have to be willing to work fast and hard every day.
Great Pay Not Enough Work
Clerk (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 1, 2015
Clerking and Driving the lift was great. But there is never enough work to go around for everyone. If there is It will not last very long. Not a permanent job. Employees are great.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
No benifits.
Terrible. Don't do it.
Temp at Ascensus (Former Employee) –  Brainerd, MNAugust 22, 2015
Work like a pack mule, with no advancement, no benefits, and a terrible supervisor. If you are looking for a steady job, and you are a loyal, hard worker; you'll get treated awful - but you'll get paid for 40 hours a week, and usually pretty consistent .25/.50 cent raises. You can purchase terrible benefits. Many times, you are expected to read all of the hidden details regarding bonuses and perks working for the company on your own. Awful communication, and very inconsiderate. Management at Pro Staff does not seek you out, follow up with you, or do anything with your feedback unless there are business politics at work. Very shady.
Pros
Consistent pay check - weekly, regular raises
Cons
Work atmosphere, management, no benefits, and rarely temp-to-hire positions available
Comfortable Place to work at. Good Supervisors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 11, 2015
Good Place to work. Good Supervision. Variety of Projects to work and learn on. I wish there was more work for me and other employees to stay and work there long term.
Pros
Good Place to work and learn on various projects.
Cons
Not enough work for long term employment.
Nice office coworkers and supervisor like family
Administrative Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJuly 24, 2015
I loved working for this company because it was a pleasure for me to go to work everyday because of the people I worked for and with even though the pay was minimal the overall atmosphere of the company was pleasant
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
salary
Limited Brands
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsburg, OHJuly 22, 2015
What can i say... this was one of my most favorite jobs. How many times can you say that. Typical work day is 8 hours 6 days a week no overtime during the week allowed. Management was great. Hardest part of the job was all the walking involved
Cons
Clean, quick-productive area with multiple stations and equipment.
Assembler Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJuly 22, 2015
Wash hands, wear smocks, hair nets and shoe covers before entering clean room. Morning meeting before any order is started. Glove hands before heading to stations. Grab order from order rack along with additional equipments and tools. Fill in shop floor paper work and continue process of final pack. This includes printing labels and card stocks, packaging stents in pouches and sealing. After completing an order, must record amount of materials used in QAD. Completed order is continued to Milestone, a final revision of all shop floor paper work. Rework of paper work and products can be done in this step.

Learned to work independently and carefree with questions being ask when not sure what or how to do a process. Learned to cross-train between two to three different stations/positions. Learned to train and assist others when needed.

Hardest part of the job consist of mandatory weekends with a total of over sixty hours plus.

Enjoyed the environment along with friendly co-workers, leads and supervisors.
Exciting to work here, High Pressure, yet Family Oriented company
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2015
Pro Staff is a good company with good managers and directors. They are interested in your growth and development as you pursue success. The job itself is in staffing,so typically that can be a high pressure environment.
Pros
Family Oriented style management
Cons
Salaries are not very competitive
Was a decent place to work, friendly co workers
Customer Care Professional (Former Employee) –  Faribault, MNJune 26, 2015
a typical day at work was logging into the system and immediately taking your inbound phone calls. you had to follow the script exactly. you could not add or take out any words at all. you couldn't try to explain anything in your own words, it had to be strictly verbatem and i think that was the hardest part.
July 24, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback. Also, we appreciate the opportunity we had to partner with you on an assignment. It’s sounds as though you enjoyed your assignment experience but the client had some specific requirements regarding their process. We will be sure to share the information with our Faribault office, as the information may be helpful when they’re educating future temporary employees on their assignment requirements.

- Greg Jensen, SVP of Pro Staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pro Staff. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval