Pro Staff Employee Reviews

Very good temporary agency
Various Temporary Secretarial Assignments (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAMarch 9, 2013
Completed several temporary assignments. A typical day in the corporate headquarters of a furniture company consisted of providing assistance to the Real Estate Manager’s secretary as well as assisting in the creation of a new filing system for real estate files; an assignment with a telecommunications company consisted of providing administrative support to attorneys in External Affairs Department including typing of correspondence and legal documents, sorting and routing mail.
Pros
friendly and courteous employees and pleasant work environment
Great if you just want an ok temp job
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  BloomingtonJune 6, 2013
Probably one of the lowest paying staffing agencies. All places I've worked at had other agencies bring in people at at least $1 more per hour. Company pays the same for contractors, ProStaff just takes more. Their payroll department also has a constant habit of "losing" timecards.

Work for them as a contractor ONLY if you have no other options. I'd recommend Aerotek, Addecco, or Express over these guys any day. You'll get paid more and receive thank you gifts more often ( bringing in pizza and stuff )
Pros
They can get you jobs that you aren't qualified for
Cons
Horrible benefits, get one week vacation per year ONLY if you reach 2000 hours of work in that period
very good at finding work for me
worker (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, MNJuly 21, 2013
They sent me to a couple of different places doing different things.
Each company had different needs to learn and accomplish.
Management varied at each place.
Co-workers were usually nice and worked together well.
Hardest thing was keeping up with the knowledge of others I was helping.
Enjoyed learning so much from the companies and how things were made and produced. The more you see how things are made and used, the more I understand how they are to be made.
Pros
I learned so much about different products.
Cons
None of the companies were looking tp hire.
Good job.
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Saint Cloud, MNAugust 5, 2013
Typical day at work, start off by doing exercise in the mornings then started picking items to be shipped out then afternoon stretches at the end of the shifts. What I had learned was how to scan items. Management was good. The co-workers were friendly. The hardest part of the job was pushing the carts that they had depending on the weight. And the most enjoyable part of the job would have been going on breaks and being able to comunticate and socialize with the co-workers.
Pros
Celebrate your birthday, and they bring in cake and goodies.
Cons
Having to push the heavy carts that could get up to 500 lbs.
produtive evnviroment workplace
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2012
A day of work at this job was fantastic. Everyday was a new experiance for me. I learned new things on a daily basis. I learned how to file, reshearch etc. The co-workers were very professional and was always there when I needed a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was my first day because I had to prove my dedication to what the company.
Pros
the work hours, the breaks, the work, and of course the co-workers
warehouse grimes, ia
temp (Current Employee) –  des moines,iaApril 21, 2015
i applied online and with in a day or so I was already placed working at a new warehouse in grimes, ia

so far the company has been very productive. first of all it also depends on what you want as person.
Pros
job varies depending on job experience
Cons
nothing really--i worked for this company in the past.....
fun job with great benefits
MACHINE OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 9, 2013
A typical day at work consists of pulling orders for customers and technicians. There were over two thousand parts to pull from but they were labeled very well. The workers were very efficient and helpful when I first started, until I learned the warehouse and it was up to me to get the orders right. The job was very easy to me and I have no complaints.
Pros
Good boss, good workplace, friendly people
Cons
N/A
Productiveand educational
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 21, 2014
My typical day starts when I come in and opening boxes and taking bread or freezer items putting them in the right spots and taking question from customers about the different kind of bread we have.
Some days are buzy than others depending on what we have. I deposit checks and cash into the safe at the end of each day.
Pros
Seeing New people every day.
Cons
no breaks and sometimes it is slow
It was another job that was one of my favorite job to work.
Warehouse Worker/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  DeSoto, TXJanuary 24, 2013
At this time , I had just relocated to Dallas area and I started working for the temp service Prostaff, which I work in the company named Coporate Express and then the name changed to Staples. I really enjoyed working for this company and missed a day. But it was a temp job that ended.
Pros
all the overtime we received. i loved working all the overtime we could get.
Pay was acceptable
Braun-Repair and Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 19, 2012
Placed me quickly without a lot of fuss. Tried to hire a man already working there for another staffing agency at a higher rate of pay than offered to me. Paydays varied from Thursday to Friday and back. Never saw a representitive of the agency onsite.
Pros
pay was acceptable
Cons
pay day varied, no representation, laid off and then hired back at lower rate of pay. didn't seem to have any scruples
Productive Prescription filling for client's
Temporary Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 10, 2013
Typical work days at this job were very peaceful and quiet.

What I learned is that is don't take much to please your client's as long as they are happy the I was happy.

I never had a problem with management. We always had monthly contest's with other departments to see who could decorate the best.

All the co-workers that I worked with was always there for each other and never let each other down. When one of our co-workers needed something no one never hesitated to help.

There really a hard part of the job.

The most that I enjoyed most about the job Is that I could type all day and key do data entry all day. I liked filling all the prescriptions and approving insurance so that they could get their prescriptions.

Pros
I liked the 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
n/a
Hard Working Man
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2012
I enjoyed working with this company. I learned a lot at this job like shipping & Receiving, Testing, working the forklift, general labor etc. I enjoyed the co-workers and I met new friends working here. I would have to say the hardest part of this job was working 12 hour shifts but didn't mind it and what I enjoyed most about this job was it was very professional and they find great jobs openings for you.
Great place to work for.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Neenah, WIFebruary 2, 2015
A typical day at work was assisting customers as their advocate.
I learned a lot about my job assignment and the company I worked for.
Mangement was very nice and understanding.
The hardest part of my job was the assignment ended.
I enjoyed my customers the most.
Pros
Gifts and snacks
Cons
My job assignment ended
good work place with excellent co workers
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  KansasJanuary 31, 2014
Answer calls and assist the members with question about program, process new orders, schedule meetings. The hardest part of the job was that i realize no every person is easy to handle or have a good temper, sometimes members will call with a bad attitude towards you, but some others were the nicest people.
Pros
Excellent co workers
Cons
too long of a lunch break
Meet new people everyday learn new jobs
Temp (Former Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 31, 2012
Scheduled jobs ahead of time to meet up with certain people who would show us and describe the job we were to do that day.
I learned a lot of different jobs and adaptability.
Management was held by the company that hired us.
The hardest part of the job was the oddball time schedules.
The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
pay was weekly.
Cons
no consistent job sites.
Interesting place to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 4, 2013
This was an interesting company to work for. I learned alot of new things working for prostaff, because this was a temporary agency. I was able to go on various jobs, and meet lots of new people. The co-workers were very nice, and management was a pleasure to work with. The best thing about this job was being able to work in different companies.
Pros
working for different companies
Temp Service
Clerical Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 1, 2015
Kelly Service was a great place to work their Staff and the assignments I was sent on was fantastic I enjoyed the people I worked with it was very diversed.
Pros
when the assignment was over I was able to go to another job
Cons
it wasn't stable
Professional and personable staff who care about candidate success
Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  AtlantaJanuary 31, 2012
I have been affiliated with ProStaff in both Chicago and Atlanta. Each time I was treated with respect and given individual attention regarding my career path. The recruiters were professional and informative.
Pros
free training and guideance with new technology.
Cons
payroll was difficult at times.
fun work places
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 31, 2014
standing for long periods of time. always inspected and remove defective products. i learn working as a team you can get more work done.mangement didnt help you out that much but the co workers always did. the hardest part was standing for long periods of time with out the right shoes. i love working as a team
Pros
no pros
Cons
hour lunch and two breaks
Productive an stabble work enviorment.
Temp for higher (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 17, 2012
looking for a company with benefits an opportunity to grow with in the company,decent hours cause i do have a family doesn't mean i'm not willing to O/T just would like reasonable schedule one that is set even though schedules are subject to change.
Pros
insentives to work towards
Cons
bennefits pto insentives to work towards

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pro Staff. Our community is ready to answer.