Charlottesville marketing communications company is looking for an experienced
individual to manage the design and publication of industrial product catalogs,
datasheets, product flyers and technical collateral. Publications are delivered
in print, as linked pdfs, and in web-based formats. We are looking for an organized
individual, capable of managing project budgets and production artist’s schedules.
The following capabilities apply:
- Four year degree
- A minimum of four years recent graphic design/production experience
- Portfolio demonstrating technical publication capabilities
- Mastery of critical print production applications (see list below)
- Excellent review and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated ability to work with others within a structured organization
- Formulate basic layout design or presentation approach, and specify material details, such as style and size of type, photographs and graphics.
- Review and approve proofs of printed copy, art and copy materials developed
by staff members.
- Manage projects, working within budget and scheduling requirements.
- Confer with creative, art, copy-writing, or account executives to discuss client requirements and presentation concepts, and to coordinate creative activities.
- Work with creative director to develop design solutions.
- Review illustrative material to determine if it conforms to standards and specifications.
- Negotiate with printers and estimators to determine what services will be performed.
- Adobe Design Suite (Emphasis on print apps: InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator)
- Quark Express
- Acrobat Pro
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Knowledge of the requirements of web-delivery of materials as pdfs and jpgs is a must.
- Basic understanding of html and web design applications will be considered a plus.
Salary to be determined based on proven experience, resume and references.
Please send Resume and References