ProBuild

ProBuild United States Employee Reviews

Terrible place for blacks and english speaking people to work for
Yard Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Buda, TXApril 22, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: Everything for Blacks
Was asked for ideas, gave ideas, then demoted and forced to work as assembler. I had more experience than the management that was hired. They realized i was more qualified, they then stole my ideas. the OPs manager told me to work under a Production Manager, who said in spanish to another supervisor, " There is no room for N here ". I then called the corporate office to start an investigation. The OPs Manager and the Production manager are still there. I quit for the racial bias there. ProBuild condones a hostile work environment with intimidation and lack of black employees. When I left there was only 4 blacks working in the entire plant. Blacks are not welcome at Buda Truss and they will tell you that.
I love probuild
driver/yard (Current Employee), Mandan, NDApril 21, 2015
Pros: good work environment good people
Cons: could pay more for the yard guys and drivers
I work at probuild in mandan north Dakota . I like the guys I like work with able to joke around and have fun . hard work but it pays off. I enjoy it.
Probuild
Company Doormat (Current Employee), Denver COApril 20, 2015
Pros: Knowledgable coworkers
Cons: Company has just been sold
My department is micro-managed to the extreme. we have the technology to work from home but are seldom allowed to do so. No one covers my workload when I take a vacation day. Any attempt to transfer into another position has been squashed and not even so much as an opportunity to interview. The company has just been sold and there is a strong possibility all Denver Headquarter jobs will be moved to Dallas. This year before the sell was announced there was a flat 2% merit increase. There is a great amount of uncertainty right now and this is not a company I would look to for any long term stability
It is an okay place to work would be better if the politics that is throw around is taken care of.
Second Shift Foreman/Supervisor (Current Employee), Lady Lake, FLApril 15, 2015
Everything in is place for this particular location to be successful. It just takes the right guidance and everyone working together. A typical job.
Good and Friendly workplace
Data Entry (Current Employee), Gloucester,NJApril 13, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: hard to get promoted
Enter sales tickets to review to make sure proper doors and windows gets built. Co-workers are super friendly and makes you feel at home from day one.
Terrible Communication
Sales (Former Employee), IowaMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Going home. Some co-workers, "Some"!
Cons: Management, ethics, communication.
It was definitely a learning experience. Hired for one job and then after hired added sales to my duties. Never received compensation for this extra position as promised from management. Management is terrible and their communication skills reflect that.
Manager would answer phone when he wanted, screen his calls and emails. He would just ignore the problem. Or if lucky might get and answer back several weeks later. Partial tools provided to do job, if provided. If not out of pocket expenses would take forever to get paid back because of manager to lazy to do his job. Some salesman would throw you under bus for a dollar and cry all the time.
Others where good people stuck in mud.
Would not recommend anyone to them.
Dangerous work place
Construction Worker (Former Employee), Duluth, GAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: close to home
Cons: long hours short breaks
This job building Roof Trusses was a lil dangerous due to the fact that only 15% of the company speak english and very poor training. Every meeting was done in spanish and for those of who spoke english pretty much had to figure it out.
easy to start work when i arrive machine is cleaned and ready for the day production.
sawyer (Former Employee), Longmont, COMarch 6, 2015
very fast pace got to be mind set and very ready for and mishaps or breakdowns some days are harder than others depending on the orders.
peacefull anf fun workplace
Office clerk/billing department (Current Employee), houston/txMarch 3, 2015
A tipically day for me would be helping other and make sure that our clients would br getting their material on time, and for us to be getting paid. the thigh that i love the most is because PROBUILD is like a family and every one is taking care of eveyone.
Poor communication and direction
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoJanuary 15, 2015
I prefer not to review ProBuild. Payroll has gone thru 5 employees since I started.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Soquel, CANovember 30, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, great coworkers
Cons: below market pay
As a cashier, I was always busy. If I wasn't helping a customer I was doing paperwork, cleaning or helping someone else. As a purchasing agent I had a larger work load, had less communication with customers and more time working alone. I received a fair amount of product knowledge while working there and enjoyed meeting with vendors to discuss their product. My co-workers were wonderful and full of personality. The hardest part of the job was scheduling for the unexpected (but I think that happens everywhere) and adjusting the priority list daily.
Great company who values employees
Trainee (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 13, 2014
Excellent experience. The company is making strides to invest in their future by investing in their people.
Fast pace
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDNovember 2, 2014
Pros: family orients
Cons: mans industry
Exceptional lumber yard. Quality at its best. Set scheduling, great benefits, family oriented environment.
Building Lumber Material
Consolidation and General Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 29, 2014
Pros: always a different day
Cons: company closed
Great work environment, wonderful employees, Not having enough time in the day to deliver all the material to customers
Company is large and has potential for advancement with relocation.
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Boone, IAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: medical, dental, vision insurance is adequate and a 401k is in place, as well as a small life insurance package.
Cons: management is poor. no clear sense of direction or accountability.
My experience with ProBuild found a very loosely managed small staff of individuals. There has been numerous examples of staff favoritism by management. The expectation of duties is poorly compensated, in regard to amount of in-store duties in relation to expectation of sales quotas, and frankly unrealistic. I do not believe my experience of a lifetime of building and trades and vast sales experience have been appreciated nor utilized. With little or no opportunity for career advancement, I feel I can be better appreciated elsewhere.
Hard work but low stress.
Yard Worker/Customer Service/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: not a lot of supervision
Cons: inclimate weather
Assist customers locating and loading their product mostly lumber and siding.
Pull orders to be delivered to job site.
Cut materials as required for customers.
Flat stack and organize materials
General yard clean up.
Unload and stock freight.
Good job a lot of hard work but easy going. I almost never even talked to my direct supervisor. I just did my job and everybody stayed out of my business.
This was good job
Class B CDL Driver (Former Employee), Longmont, COSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: made good money in the summer time
Cons: home every night with my wife
My typical day started at 0600 when I would start my truck and perform a pre-trip inspection. I would get my first load assignment and would load that on my truck with a forklift. I could have as many as ten different stops that I would have to make. I would travel on average 250 mile per day and cover Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming. I averaged around 4 loads per day and worked around 60 hour per week in the summer. The overtime was really nice during the summer.
The nice part of the job was I was home every night with my wife and made a decent wage during the summer months.
Good working environment
Release & Project Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: benefits package
I enjoy working at ProBuild and would recommend it to otters. The people (including management) are easy to work with. The only issue I have with the company is its long term vision and its average benefits package.
Hard Work and manual labor
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 24, 2014
Probuild is a good company to work for. Benefits are good, work with great people. hard work is a must with this job. must be able to lift and move all day
ok
General Manager (Former Employee), floridaAugust 18, 2014
good people, financially secure company, over run by daily policy changes, became a desk job, big got in the way

1 2 3 4

About ProBuild

ProBuild Holdings is where the pros go for building supplies. The company is one of┬áthe nation's largest suppliers of building – Read more

ProBuild Salaries