ProBuild

ProBuild Employer Reviews

easy to start work when i arrive machine is cleaned and ready for the day production.
sawyer (Former Employee), Longmont, COMarch 6, 2015
very fast pace got to be mind set and very ready for and mishaps or breakdowns some days are harder than others depending on the orders.
peacefull anf fun workplace
Office clerk/billing department (Current Employee), houston/txMarch 3, 2015
A tipically day for me would be helping other and make sure that our clients would br getting their material on time, and for us to be getting paid. the thigh that i love the most is because PROBUILD is like a family and every one is taking care of eveyone.
Poor communication and direction
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee), Denver, ColoradoJanuary 15, 2015
I prefer not to review ProBuild. Payroll has gone thru 5 employees since I started.
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Soquel, CANovember 30, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, great coworkers
Cons: below market pay
As a cashier, I was always busy. If I wasn't helping a customer I was doing paperwork, cleaning or helping someone else. As a purchasing agent I had a larger work load, had less communication with customers and more time working alone. I received a fair amount of product knowledge while working there and enjoyed meeting with vendors to discuss their product. My co-workers were wonderful and full of personality. The hardest part of the job was scheduling for the unexpected (but I think that happens everywhere) and adjusting the priority list daily.
Great company who values employees
Trainee (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 13, 2014
Excellent experience. The company is making strides to invest in their future by investing in their people.
Fast pace
OFFICE CLERK (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDNovember 2, 2014
Pros: family orients
Cons: mans industry
Exceptional lumber yard. Quality at its best. Set scheduling, great benefits, family oriented environment.
Building Lumber Material
Consolidation and General Manager (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 29, 2014
Pros: always a different day
Cons: company closed
Great work environment, wonderful employees, Not having enough time in the day to deliver all the material to customers
Company is large and has potential for advancement with relocation.
Inside Sales/Customer Service (Current Employee), Boone, IAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: medical, dental, vision insurance is adequate and a 401k is in place, as well as a small life insurance package.
Cons: management is poor. no clear sense of direction or accountability.
My experience with ProBuild found a very loosely managed small staff of individuals. There has been numerous examples of staff favoritism by management. The expectation of duties is poorly compensated, in regard to amount of in-store duties in relation to expectation of sales quotas, and frankly unrealistic. I do not believe my experience of a lifetime of building and trades and vast sales experience have been appreciated nor utilized. With little or no opportunity for career advancement, I feel I can be better appreciated elsewhere.
Hard work but low stress.
Yard Worker/Customer Service/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: not a lot of supervision
Cons: inclimate weather
Assist customers locating and loading their product mostly lumber and siding.
Pull orders to be delivered to job site.
Cut materials as required for customers.
Flat stack and organize materials
General yard clean up.
Unload and stock freight.
Good job a lot of hard work but easy going. I almost never even talked to my direct supervisor. I just did my job and everybody stayed out of my business.
This was good job
Class B CDL Driver (Former Employee), Longmont, COSeptember 10, 2014
Pros: made good money in the summer time
Cons: home every night with my wife
My typical day started at 0600 when I would start my truck and perform a pre-trip inspection. I would get my first load assignment and would load that on my truck with a forklift. I could have as many as ten different stops that I would have to make. I would travel on average 250 mile per day and cover Northern Colorado and Southern Wyoming. I averaged around 4 loads per day and worked around 60 hour per week in the summer. The overtime was really nice during the summer.
The nice part of the job was I was home every night with my wife and made a decent wage during the summer months.
Good working environment
Release & Project Manager (Current Employee), Denver, COSeptember 4, 2014
Pros: good work environment
Cons: benefits package
I enjoy working at ProBuild and would recommend it to otters. The people (including management) are easy to work with. The only issue I have with the company is its long term vision and its average benefits package.
Hard Work and manual labor
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 24, 2014
Probuild is a good company to work for. Benefits are good, work with great people. hard work is a must with this job. must be able to lift and move all day
ok
General Manager (Former Employee), floridaAugust 18, 2014
good people, financially secure company, over run by daily policy changes, became a desk job, big got in the way
Fun company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Puyallup, WAAugust 17, 2014
Company was wonderful, except the pay.

Great atmosphere, happy people, good hours. Low pay.
Unsafe work enviorment
Load-Builder (Former Employee), Arlington, WAJuly 3, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: unsafe work enviorment
Was not there very long, having been a load builder for 15 plus years and never once a personal injury, was here for a month and rolled my ankle from garbage left around from other employees. Im am very aware of my surroundings and a very safe and aware fork lift operator. For me to get injured on the job was very abnormal. Management was good, the people were good people but for how much safety they strive for they were sure not aware of the lack of safety in the lumber yard.
Good place to work, advancement for those willing to work hard.
General Manager (Former Employee), Winona, MNJune 5, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: worked there during transition from ubc to probuild
Good place to have a career. Good benefits, vacation/personal time, room for advancement if willing to work hard, Days could be long and demands high especially when in a management position. My most enjoyable part of the job were the people...staff and customers.
Friendly environment
Truss assembler (Former Employee), Sicklerville, NJMay 8, 2014
Pros: good shift work 6am to 3pm
Cons: low wages compared to cost of liveng
A nice place to work ,but no oppurtunity for advancement. There was good schedule in my opinion ,the first shift went from 6am to 3pm which is ideal for me . Friendly co-workers for the most part all works did their job and kept a smile and product work atmosphere.
Dont work here management is horrible!
yard worker (Former Employee), Charleston,WVMay 2, 2014
Pros: 0
Cons: low pay management everything
Stay away hard stupid work and low pay! Management worries more about the tires on the fork trucks than you!
Corporate and HR do not care for the little people
Corporate employee (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 28, 2014
Pros: there are very few.
Cons: long hours, compensation is inadequate, no support from management or hr
I worked there for 2 years. I still have friends that work for the company. HR does not concern themselves with any issues if it may cause a problem for directors or above. They only support issues that the directors or above come to them about. They will try to fire you over very little things. Management gives verbal warnings for in-subornation to employees that question the truth of what directors have said. HR and management in headquarters are unconcerned about high turn over. They also don't want employees there that can think on their own but only want ones that can be little drones and micro-managed.
Long Hours and Fun place to Work....But
Class B driver (Current Employee), AlbuquerqueApril 23, 2014
Pros: operations mgr and mgr is good people..
Cons: dispatcher and loader are rude. no one cares. unless you are there "boy"
Unless you been there a while the loader and Dispatcher are rude and favor other drivers. pay is sad... you get payed the same if you are a CDL class A driver or a CDL class B driver.. raises are peanuts.. starting pay is low... insurance is ok.. all the people you train with talk bad about the company.. Dispatcher has been there along time and is rude and seems like he dont care. hours are great and job is fun besides that....if you want a fun exciting job then this is it... besides the pay,co workers and dispatcher.... I really like this job even if I was getting peanuts compared to all the other drivers... Hours workload and some co workers are great..

1 2 3 4

About ProBuild

ProBuild Holdings is where the pros go for building supplies. The company is one of the nation's largest suppliers of building – Read more

ProBuild Photos