Procter & Gamble Employee Reviews for Technician

Room to grow at that particular Warehouse
Materials Technician (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHFebruary 9, 2018
The vacation time and benefits were amazing, but the rotating shifts from first to second and back again were brutal. If I had a family it would be very difficult. Recently they cut of transfers to other P&G locations and that was a big hit for me, as a recent college graduate who took a job as a Materials Technician. They want you to stay at that particular location and pay you 3 dollars an hour less than the top other Mixing centers in the Nation. They are pushing to be number 1, but aren't paying their associates for it. Pay is competitive, but could be better. I left because of the rotating shifts, poor management, and non transfers. I applied internally for jobs, but got walled by my manager. Good for resume, but bad for long term. Vacation time and sick days were really accommodating. Most people were great to work with.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Rotating shifts, work to exhaustion.
Challenging but rewarding
Technician (Current Employee) –  Pineville, LAFebruary 3, 2018
Offered many opportunities for advancement
Many different businesses to explore
Opportunities to move on to management
Competitive benefits and retirement
Pros
Sick time and vacation
Cons
Odd hours
factory work
Technician (Former Employee) –  St Louis MoFebruary 1, 2018
Rotated shift every week . It was very difficult to change shifts every week. The jobs forced to rotate after we became acclimated to them. Was told we would never have to change positions but that wasn't true.
Pros
great pay
Cons
rotating shifts
Extremely busy and fast-paced production environment
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Bear River City, UTJanuary 16, 2018
Starting out working at P&G, it was the best job I ever had. I loved how they treated me, as I felt valued and appreciated right away. Their training program was excellent. I learned quickly how to prioritize tasks, and how to "flow to the work", as it was called. A typical day was very busy, on my feet for over 11 hours, and stressful if equipment wasn't running well. Management was always positive, and helped engender a fantastic workplace culture. However, the shift schedule created an issue for me with work/life balance. The shifts would rotate from days to nights, every 2 to 3 days. For example, I would work day shift 7:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I would have Tuesday and Wednesday off, then return to work 7:00 p.m. to 7:30 a.m. on Thursday and Friday. This flip-flop type of schedule repeated over and over, and this severely affected my ability to have a healthy sleep schedule. I took this in stride though, and learned to somewhat deal with this issue. Over time, most of the high-level managers left the company. The culture and morale began to decline. I began to feel unappreciated, and my work seemed to scrutinized at every turn. In the end, I knew I needed to leave P&G. I needed to relocate from Brigham City to Salt Lake City, but also I felt my career was not going anywhere. I knew my skills and abilities could be much better utilized somewhere else.
Pros
Good benefits and compensation
Cons
Brutal shift schedule, felt unvalued by management
Very hands on
Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MEJanuary 15, 2018
Worst schedule on the planet. Don't plan on having a family or life. You will be constantly fixing things. You will be stressed out all the time. You will be tired all the time. The benefits and pay are great if only the schedule was better.
Pros
Fast paced, great benefits
Cons
Schedule (rapid rotating 12 hours) no reason to rotate everytime you walk in the door
Nightmare of a Lifetime
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  Martinsburg, WVJanuary 3, 2018
If you are willing to have very poor quality of life to get the pay and benefits they offer then this is the place for you. Very long unsustainable hours and will be relocated for months for training, also will have to move out of state if you want advancement. Climbing the ladder depends on who you know. Favoritism is rampant and absolutely no work/life balance. Culture is very toxic and disingenuous.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Competitive pay but no life work balance
Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Browns Summit, NCNovember 25, 2017
Pay does stay competitive and descent benefits and insurance along with cost of living raises. Your life will become P&G though, no life work balance. Needs better management.
Long working hours
Plant Technician (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 3, 2017
Fast paced environment but would require working overtime in 4 hour blocks and you wouldn't know you were working until right before it was time to leave.
Wouldnt advise working here
Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GASeptember 21, 2017
The job was ok but the hours were too long. Everyday that you work was 12.5 hours. The pay was good for the area but the ability to learn and really advance was just no there. There were too many managers and they all contradicted one another. Also they were super serious about safety which is good but they had the people terrified to admit any kind of safety incident. In other words the safety is not as good as they would lead you to believe because no one will report anything in fear of losing their job.
benefits
Cons
contrary management
XLC Services
Prototype Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 1, 2017
One of the best companies I ever work for. If you had a issue it was handled quickly and professionally. You received great training and was place with a senior member to help with work load.
Pros
Great job - hours, pay, raises, benefits and coworkers
Cons
n/a
Technician (Former Employee) –  Lima, OHAugust 25, 2017
Great place to work. The rapid rotation swing shift isn't for the faint of heart though. Lots of politics, but overall a good paying job with good benefits.
Very easy job.
Dispensing Technician (Current Employee) –  Sharonville, OHAugust 23, 2017
Vey easy to learn position. My Supervisors were great. The problems came with the upper management. As long as the numbers were collectively met they were satisfied and would not correct any issues.
Overall, great company
Plant Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 22, 2017
This job is ideal for the Alexandria area, as it pays well. However, the plant here isn't under the best management. Too many chiefs and not enough Indians and people will throw buses on top of you then laugh.
Pros
Pay, retirement, insurance
Cons
tedious paperwork, long hours, need of business come before ANYTHING personal, management is terrible
Enjoyed learning and working with different people over the years.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 17, 2017
I worked for this company for 28 years and learned a lot from different culture of people. The pay was good and the benefits was excellent when I first started. The hardest part of the job was trying to get people to be accountable for tasks needed for the job. Some manager was great in managing their department and some were not. I worked in a lot of department rolls over the years that I spent with the company. Great place if your knees can handle it.
Pros
You can advance in the work place, salary, and you can sit today!
Cons
Wasn't able to sit down while working a 12 hr shift.
good place to work
Technician (Current Employee) –  Mehoopany, PAAugust 14, 2017
good pay and good benefits not a bad place to work if you don't mind working 12hr rotating shifts they have good vacation time can buy up to 6 weeks off for the year and have a very good retirement
Pros
no lay offs
Cons
rotating shifts
Safety and quality are first priority.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Auburn, MaineAugust 14, 2017
The culture has changed from that of a "family" type atmosphere, where team mates looked out for one another, to one where it is now self centric. Advancement is not applied based on ability, experience and capability.Stressful, and toxic work environment. Rotational shift lends to loss of family time, and is not conducive to the prosperity of personal relationships. The shift is also not compatible with a healthy lifestyle, and healthy sleep patterns.
Pros
Pay, benefits, overtime availability
Cons
Politically charged atmoshere, work schedule, nepotism, toxic team dynamics
productive
Technician (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 9, 2017
Proctor and Gamble is a very productive work place. But the machines I was put on were new and hardly ever ran correctly. There would be days we would sit there after cleaning for 12+ hours because they couldn't get the machine up and running, yet we weren't put on another machine to help out others.
Pros
free product
Cons
management
Technician (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati OhioAugust 8, 2017
Productive place of employment.
Healthcare could be improved.
Fast paced learning environment.
Wonderful coworkers enjoyed coming to work every day.
Pros
Learning lunches
Cons
Healthcare could be improved
Every one thinks there a leader
Technician (Former Employee) –  Mehoopany, PAJune 14, 2017
No common rules across the board. In one department something will be fine, if u do the same thing in another department you may be in trouble. Management Is top heavy. But over all with the pay and benefits it's not a terrible place to work.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
systems that are in place are broken and not followed
Dedicated technicians with strong sense of ownership
Technician (Current Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMay 22, 2017
The culture of Iowa City site consists of a strong sense of ownership in equipment and processes, however this makes people less adaptable to changes. Additionally P&G makes a lot of noise about promoting from within, however people "only" make it to positions of management if they are directly hired in.
Pros
Fantastic benefits
Cons
Poor advancement opportunities and inflexible management and technicians

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Procter & Gamble. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2